Author Topic: Activist Declared Brain Dead  (Read 2953 times)

Offline Badger

• Copper Member
      • Military Surplus Collectors Forums
Activist Declared Brain Dead
« Reply #90 on: April 15, 2003, 06:01:12 AM »
Originally posted by Nashwan
Again, Badger, do you really believe your first post in this thread was a balanced account?

Yes, but since you want to argue a point in public simply for the sake of arguing it, not because it's actually important to you, then there's not much else to say.  You won’t come out from behind your mask and tell us who you are to demonstrate any kind of real experience value on the subject, so it's difficult to hold an informed public discussion with you.

I'm not an expert in the Geneva Convention or the wide range of other topics you post in with such authority here.  However, I do have sufficient background in this particular subject to call you on your BS academic anonymity game .... far too common to these Internet boards.

If you're ever interested in the actual truth, I'll introduce you to an Arab that was there.... now that would be an interesting conversation between you and he. ;)

Regards,
Badger

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #91 on: April 15, 2003, 06:22:13 AM »
What do you mean 'come out in public and tell us who you are'?

We're all anonymous. You seem to be dodging the debate.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Badger

• Copper Member
      • Military Surplus Collectors Forums
« Reply #92 on: April 15, 2003, 06:47:54 AM »
Originally posted by Dowding
What do you mean 'come out in public and tell us who you are'?

We're all anonymous. You seem to be dodging the debate.

That's the point Dowding..... :D

You can't hold any kind of reasonable informed discussion on Internet boards where the posters hide behind anonymity, but you already knew that. ;)

Just how could a topical subject like the Palestinian/Israeli conflict be discussed rationally without understanding the credentials of the people who are posting supposedly informed opinions?  You could be dealing with pre-puberty types using mom's credit card who simply cut-n-paste from thousands of sites, but have no actual original opinion or original thought.  They're simply trolling for attention and love to poke sticks into hornet's nests, then stand back and watch, although I don't think we've ever seen any of those here. ;)

There's no debate to dodge here.  Over 40 years, I've attended hundreds of seminars sponsored by both sides and read a wealth of material, as well as interacted with historical personalities on both sides of the conflict.  I'm approaching 60 and spent seventeen years serving my country in a wide range of roles.  I'm very familiar with the middle east and its peoples.  As I said to Saburo, I'm no expert and don't profess to be, but I think it's a simple courtesy for anyone who claims to be an authority on any subject, to at least represent to their readers some credentials and background.

If you're really interested in serious discussion (or anyone else), then I'd be happy to arrange for an independent forum where people would have to have the courage to be real people and engage each other with informed and serious discussion on the subject.  I'd be happy to bring proponents from both sides of the conflict (with their credentials) and then we can hold some mature and focused debates about the material issues.

Are you interested enough to want to do that?  As Nashwan said...  it really isn't that important to him..... but, perhaps there are some people that it is.

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards,
Badger

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #93 on: April 15, 2003, 07:10:26 AM »
Originally posted by Badger
If you're really interested in serious discussion (or anyone else), then I'd be happy to arrange for an independent forum where people would have to have the courage to be real people and engage each other with informed and serious discussion on the subject.  I'd be happy to bring proponents from both sides of the conflict (with their credentials) and then we can hold some mature and focused debates about the material issues.

I would be *very* interested in that.
Talk about it here or via mail?

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #94 on: April 15, 2003, 07:50:17 AM »
None of that answers my point. What does knowing my real name matter? It's still a handle, and I would still be anonymous. Having a separate forum would make no difference.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.