Author Topic: Christians  (Read 5957 times)

Offline sax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.13thtas.com
Christians
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2003, 08:24:05 AM »
We are all members of the

Holy Trinity Church

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Christians
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2003, 09:20:31 AM »
I believe in the Holy Trinity.

Hitech, Pyro & Skuzzy.

All kidding aside, we live in a country where they have the right to have an all christian Squadron.

Offline wetrat

• Gold Member
Christians
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2003, 09:36:16 AM »
idiot..
Army of Muppets

Offline OIO

• Silver Member
Christians
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2003, 09:59:49 AM »
Lord, please protect me from your followers.

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
Christians
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2003, 10:36:07 AM »
your all insane

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Christians
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2003, 11:06:52 AM »
The Arctic Storm is looking for real Muslims/Bhudists/Scientologists to wing with our squad. If you live in Alaska that would be cool. if not thats ok to.

Sorry to feel sarcastic, I'm not quite sure this would have had the same reaction.
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Christians
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2003, 11:48:07 AM »
I see a  tempest in a teacup.  GL with your squad xTERNx.

Offline snocone

• Copper Member
Christians
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2003, 12:13:42 PM »
why isnt this thread in the squad forum anyways???

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
Christians
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2003, 01:15:54 PM »
xternx

Offline MasterBlaster

• Zinc Member
Christians
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2003, 01:37:39 PM »
Will I go to Hell if I just pretend to be Christian?

Offline Maniacal81st

• Zinc Member
Christians
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2003, 03:14:52 PM »
Why are there so many people willing to make fun of xTERNx?  He is obviously looking for qualities in an individual that he feels certain he will get with a "christian."  

I am amazed at the bashing that takes place on this forum.  If you're not interested in joining his squad, then simply overlook the post.  Your unintelligent, narrow minded, and overall uncalled for remarks only set the example for the impressionable minds that participate here.  

...and to think some of you raise children.  What a shame.

No offense meant to those who responded to xTERNx in a friendly manner.  To the rest of you...well...no offense meant to you either.

Offline MasterBlaster

• Zinc Member
Christians
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2003, 04:03:07 PM »
Originally posted by Maniacal81st
Why are there so many people willing to make fun of xTERNx?  He is obviously looking for qualities in an individual that he feels certain he will get with a "christian."  

I am amazed at the bashing that takes place on this forum.  If you're not interested in joining his squad, then simply overlook the post.  Your unintelligent, narrow minded, and overall uncalled for remarks only set the example for the impressionable minds that participate here.  

...and to think some of you raise children.  What a shame.

No offense meant to those who responded to xTERNx in a friendly manner.  To the rest of you...well...no offense meant to you either.

Probably because some of the most narrow-minded people in this world are Christian.  Especially born-agains and all these others that proselytize, secure in their convictions that everyone else is going to Hell unless you convert to their faith.  This same narrow-mindedness on the part of other religions is a leading cause of human conflict throughout history!

Offline Cooley

• Silver Member
Christians
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2003, 04:24:02 PM »
Seems most are supporting him, IMO nothing wrong with building a squad with the hope to attract pilots that share a common intrest or belief. The fact that its a Christian squad is irrevelant, Unless of course they try to "Save" other pilots via the radio buffer, but it would be unfair to assume that is his intention.

Shoulda been done in squad forum though
Cooleyof 367th

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Christians
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2003, 04:46:08 PM »
LOL ...

I can think of at least three recent examples that prove that "narrow-mindedness" isn't a neccesarily a Christian trait. ;)

Originally posted by MasterBlaster
Probably because some of the most narrow-minded people in this world are Christian.  Especially born-agains and all these others that proselytize, secure in their convictions that everyone else is going to Hell unless you convert to their faith.  This same narrow-mindedness on the part of other religions is a leading cause of human conflict throughout history!

Offline MasterBlaster

• Zinc Member
Christians
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2003, 04:58:03 PM »
Originally posted by Arlo
LOL ...

I can think of at least three recent examples that prove that "narrow-mindedness" isn't a neccesarily a Christian trait. ;)

No, indeed.  As a matter of fact, there are plenty of Christians (not to mention members of other religions) that are, in fact, quite open-minded (not that I've met many yet, but they've got to be out there).

But any religion (take mormonism) that actively try to convert others are by their very nature narrow-minded in that they assume they are the "best" and the path to salvation, assuming "salvation" truly exists.  Catholic proselytizing of Native Americans in California during the 1700s was essentially church-endorsed slavery.

One belief that has my respect, though I am not one, is Judaism - based solely on the fact that not only do they not attempt to convert others, they make it difficult for others to join even if they truly want to!

That being said, I still think we kiss Israel's butt too much in their conflict with Palestine.