Author Topic: Christians  (Read 5956 times)

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
Christians
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2003, 01:41:04 PM »
Good Luck xxTernxx... and just ignore Siaf... too much of his 3rd world brainwashing carries over into his posts.  If ya wanna really baffle him, tell him you'll pray for his soul.  He'll prolly go ballistic and complain about that too!
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
Christians
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2003, 01:53:59 PM »
Interesting.

From personal experience, Christian qualities are not always to be found in Christians.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
Christians
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2003, 01:57:04 PM »
I really thought freedom of religion was included in most constitutions.. Maybe I was wrong.

I really haven't studied others than our own so I took it for granted.

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
Christians
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2003, 02:13:51 PM »
Suprised this hasnt been moved yet...

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
Christians
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2003, 02:27:26 PM »
Originally posted by Siaf__csf
I really thought freedom of religion was included in most constitutions.. Maybe I was wrong.

I really haven't studied others than our own so I took it for granted.

Do you mean freedom from religion?  Because the constitution protects terns right to assemble with Christians, as Christians anywhere in the USA.  You maybe confusions some of the rants of the ACLU as some sort of legislation or "law".
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
Christians
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2003, 02:31:24 PM »
I don't really see anything wrong with Tern's post, to be honest.  What is the hissy-fit over?

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
Christians
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2003, 02:34:46 PM »
Ammo I always understood it as such that nobody should be discriminated because of his religion. That in effect makes remarks like the one in this post, unconstitutional.

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
Christians
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2003, 02:35:43 PM »
Urchin, SSSHHH! I'm just trolling ;)

Let's see the fish flop.

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
Christians
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2003, 03:30:02 PM »
I think people are upset because when he says "Christians" he's considering Christians to be better than others just because of that title. Like we are not good enough unless. I have to agree with Dowdings post, due to personal experience. Religion doesn't make the person, the person does.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Christians
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2003, 03:35:40 PM »
I think you're confusing the YMCA/YWCA or this squadron with an opening for a civil service job. :D

Again ... it's not an uncommon "Pavlovian reflex" for those who have unresolved issues to come unhinged at the mere mention of a word.

Blucher! .... oops ... I mean Christian! :eek:

Ammo I always understood it as such that nobody should be discriminated because of his religion. That in effect makes remarks like the one in this post, unconstitutional.

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
Christians
« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2003, 03:53:58 PM »

Sorry mate, I think you are mistaken.  To be unconstitutional, a court would have to rule it as such.  I do not believe that terns request for Christian companions has been brought before a court of law to date.  

Additionally, I do not know of any precedence either.

It may be that you just don't like Christians and never pass a chance to voice your opinion concerning the subject.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Maniacal81st

• Zinc Member
Christians
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2003, 03:57:33 PM »
I think it is time for this post to be closed.

xTeRNx- you have found, unfortunately, that the pool of quality individuals to chose from is increasingly becoming smaller.

Good luck, and don't let any of these less than well mannered love muffines (you know who you are) discourage you from enjoying the game.

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
Christians
« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2003, 04:02:25 PM »
Well the way the post was put I understood it as such that entering outside the christian religion was prohibited.

That would clearly fall in the discriminating category.

However I noticed that the first amendmend speaks of the government, not individual persons.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances"

So in that sense I was wrong. It's not unconstitutional, it's just against the universal declaration of human rights, by UN.

But as I've heard multiple times lately on this board, UN is a useless organization with no value for this planet. :eek:

I wish people would understand that the UN is the single most thing the nations of this planet have ever come up with in effort to build ourselves a peaceful, better planet.

Sure UN has messed up royally on many accounts, it's stricken by politics. Still I loathe anyone who states it's useless or non worthy. Because it's not. The whole purpose of the UN was to stop armed conflicts, so it was only logical that they wanted to prevent the conflict from happening untill the end.

The UN represents the common good will of all the nations of this world, but the very structure of it that gives veto powers to the large nations, prevents it from being effective in conflicts where the interests of the member nations also conflict.

However the UN is not about giving the US an attack permission or not, it's much much more than that.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Christians
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2003, 04:22:27 PM »

So in that sense I was wrong. It's not unconstitutional, it's just against the universal declaration of human rights, by UN.

You're wrong there as well:

Article 18.
Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief in teaching, practice, worship and observance.

Article 20.
(1) Everyone has the right to freedom of peaceful assembly and association.
(2) No one may be compelled to belong to an association.

http://www.un.org/rights/50/decla.htm

Nice try but you still owe Tern an apology.

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
Christians
« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2003, 04:28:50 PM »
Hmm.. I can't find a part there that would OK discriminating people for thier religion though, do you Arlo?

IMO the whole sentiment behind the article supports what I said. Don't you agree?

I've always seen it so that you should judge people as people. Do that without regarding thier religion, skin color, nationality and such.

Racism is so easy to fall to.. And it's so easy to hurt people with it. Just recently I felt it very strongly within my family.. Maybe thats why I feel sensitive about the issue.

If tern had come forward stating his meaning was not to exclude non-christians but to invite other christians, I would have apologised immediately.

So, tern, if this was your honest meaning, I apologize.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2003, 04:33:12 PM by Siaf__csf »