Author Topic: Help revoke Bowling for Columbine's Oscar  (Read 5837 times)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Help revoke Bowling for Columbine's Oscar
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2003, 04:49:52 PM »
Moore getting an Oscar for a "documentary" makes as much sense as Nicole Kidman getting Best ACTOR.

It just doesn't compute.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline WineMan

• Zinc Member
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2003, 04:51:29 PM »
I didn't even watch the film because to me it is just a cheap use of "Columbine" to get people to watch his film.  Another person exploiting tragedy for personal gain....

Offline bounder

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.332viking.com
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2003, 05:09:58 PM »
Originally posted by BGBMAW
hes a fukn dirtbag..  i would virtually stab along with the completly idiotic-morons like Blitz-weazel and i guess beetle also..you guys support some true poor excuse for a human flesh bags..Soddom-Chirac-Moore-Streisand-Fonda-and a bunch mor morons...

fuk spelling ..and burn uin hellL:)

my hand id brokn so  i reaaly hate u noiw:D
Love BiGB

o yaa i signed it

LONG LIVE the NRA..the 2nd Amen is what protects the First

I think you need to take another handful of anti-sociopathic tablets

Offline bounder

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.332viking.com
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2003, 05:12:25 PM »
And it was actually not a bad movie. It used documentary footage (i.e real people, not actors, real places not studios) but it was certainly a polemic.

Did it get an oscar? Nice one!!

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2003, 05:13:34 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
Moore getting an Oscar for a "documentary" makes as much sense as Nicole Kidman getting Best ACTOR.

It just doesn't compute.
Agreed! But who cares?  I know I don't.

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2003, 05:17:15 PM »
If you don't care then why are you spending so much time arguing about it?

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2003, 05:17:16 PM »
Ah beet1e... my how your story changes over the course of having your love muffinedness highlighted.

I see you've dropped the whole "freedom of speech" aspect of things.  I also see you are beginning to concede that moore's movie was indeed in part fiction.  Nice to see you coming around.

Now... if you could just do it without making yourself look like even more of an bellybutton you'd be making real progress.  Instead, you chose to try to take the thread in a direction where you do have some numbers to back up your arguments... instead of adressing the initial point of the thread.

Oh well... love muffin is as love muffin does.

MiniD
« Last Edit: April 29, 2003, 05:20:04 PM by Mini D »

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2003, 05:20:45 PM »
Originally posted by beet1e
Agreed! But who cares?  I know I don't.
Um... did you miss the title of this thread beet1e?

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2003, 05:26:05 PM »
It was a well made film. Thats why it won the Oscar.

Go check out Olympia, Leni Riefenstahl's documentary about the 1936 Olympic games in Nazi Germany. It is beautifully filmed, incredible footage, great editing,,, and chock full of propaganda! Is it worthy of the Oscar? Heck yes! Is it factual? Well....mostly.

The real issue with Moore is that he attacked guns. How dare he!

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2003, 05:39:41 PM »
Originally posted by Mini D
I see you've dropped the whole "freedom of speech" aspect of things.  
Well there's no need to labour a point. I said it once. And that's enough for most people, except those who don't listen.

Midnight Target - Well said - of course that's the real reason.

MiniD - I repeat, I don't give a stuff whether BFC wins an Oscar, or bombs at the box office. But what I do find to be a major source of irritation is those NRA crybabies throwing all their toys out of the pram and pissing their nappies in protest at the way Academy Awards folks run their own show. Butt out already!!! MiniD, you're just like one of those LA7 whiners who has had his butt kicked and cannot accept a death.

Got a beef with BFC?  Make your own movie. Include as many lies and as much deceit as you like.

Anyway, why am I talking to you? I thought I told you to piss off. Oh well, if you won't, I'll have to. Getting late...

Toodle-Pip

_____________________________ __________________
"From my cold dead hands" - visualises Mini D brandishing a gas pump nozzle. Let 'em have it with the unleaded, Mini.

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2003, 05:50:41 PM »
LOL beet1e... keep trying to spin your reaction into a positive light.

You, yourself, butted into this thread.  No invitation necessary.  You, yourself, started spewing your standard anti-gun its-all-a-conspiracy anti-freedom-of-speech rhetoric.  Damn... delved deep into your repoitior for this one.

Then you try to come of like it didn't really matter, when in fact, you simply couldn't prove a point.

Its hard to argue in a thread titled "Help revoke Bowling for Columbine's Oscar" that you don't really care about the oscar.  Just as it is hard to try to discredit the website they are linking to by use of opinion while attempting to counter their facts.  You accuse a website entitled "revoketheoscar.com" as having an agenda.  My god dude.. do you even read the crap you spew?

You've made such a coninuous bellybutton of yourself that I am somewhat suprised you keep going on.  I guess pointing it out again and again is somewhat useless.

My money says you reply again... only to say you really weren't an idiot previously, while at the same time demonstrating that I have understated it.

MiniD

Offline Syzygyone

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2003, 10:38:29 PM »
ew?

You've made such a coninuous bellybutton of yourself that I am somewhat suprised you keep going on.  I guess pointing it out again and again is somewhat useless.

MiniD

Perhaps, MiniD, there are as many people as sick to death of your ongoing pontification and superiority complex as there are at Beetle.
Why can't you just stick to the argument instead of calling people names?  You seem to have the mental agility to engage in debate, but your posting content serves only to make others feel embarassed for you!

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2003, 11:21:26 PM »
Ah.. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings in the "let's find new ways to kill poeple" thread.  I'm sure you'll get over it.

MiniD

Offline Syzygyone

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2003, 11:30:02 PM »
Ah.. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings in the "let's find new ways to kill poeple" thread.  I'm sure you'll get over it.

MiniD

ROFLMAO!  You are so condescending and superior, if you think you got anything close to what it takes to hurt my feelings, bring it!  
:eek:

Only quit calling people names.  It ain't dignified!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2003, 11:36:09 PM by Syzygyone »

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2003, 11:32:02 PM »
Then again... maybe not.

Oh well.

MiniD