Author Topic: Update on the Trinity update...  (Read 2211 times)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Update on the Trinity update...
« Reply #75 on: May 29, 2003, 07:43:42 AM »
Apparently, your countrymen do not feel the same antipathy towards Bud.

In the UK, Budweiser holds a 14 percent share of the premium-packaged lager (PPL) sector and is the number-one PPL in bars, clubs and restaurants with a 35 percent share of the on-premise segment.* Overall, Budweiser is the country’s second best-selling PPL.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #76 on: May 29, 2003, 09:51:29 AM »
You also might find this interesting.
On closer examination of the released study it was found that participents of violent crime with the use of firearms in the UK, intake of imported beer factored in an alarming percentile.
    A total of 85% of those convicted of firearm related crimes at the time of arrest had consummed large amounts of American imported beer.
   This was broken down to 78% PPL, with the remainder being onsite sale. The findings went on to say
« Last Edit: May 30, 2003, 10:06:45 AM by nopoop »
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #77 on: May 30, 2003, 07:55:47 AM »
Originally posted by NoBaddy
Fariz...Toad...

You're preaching to the converted. Unfortunately, that is code...not terrain. I did speak to HT a way back and suggest that he look at it. His thoughts were to toughen the fuel bunkers. You might want lobby him directly (he is gonna love me for that one :D).

A  thought for the future on fuel............

The small fuel drum objects are hard to see and harder to hit........

You can place many of them at many different points around a field........................ ......

This way you do not have to have arena fuel set up as requiring 1000lb bombs but can make it realistic yet more difficult to attrit.
Ludere Vincere

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #78 on: June 08, 2003, 11:53:03 PM »
Originally posted by OIO
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Oh, and Nobaddy, would it be possible to get a "blank" trinity map terrain for the editor? I mean, without the bases or strat targets on it?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Most things are possible...whatcha got in mind?"

I just want to be able to use the terrain and add the strat and fields in myself. Also I need to know if the terrain editor can assign specific planes to specific fields (as you can see im 100% new at using the editor hehe).

SRI I emailed before checking the thread... Yes, you can assign planes and vehicles to the fields with the terrain editor.

Originally posted by Mister Fork

NB>> Harden the fuel bunkers? That's something Skuzzy can change in a snap. Right now the default hardness for fuel is .3125 or 312.5lbs of irons to destroy a fuel bunker. Why not up it to .5 or .75?

I know all about this because the CT staff and I change these values often to reflect gameplay issues for our maps in the Combat Theatre.

Fork...

Of course I know that all of that can be set in the editor. Unfortunately, this is an MA terrain. I don't have the power to adjust things like that...only the Great High Muckity Muck of AH does :).
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: June 09, 2003, 12:09:38 AM »
cc NB.  Maybe when you send the map to Skuzzy, you can convince him that for your updated map he needs to set the fuel hardness to .750.

Roy's very accomidating to us Combat Theatre high-maintenance queens. :D
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: June 09, 2003, 12:30:29 AM »
no dont add fuel bunkers. THat will just double the smoke at a field. Make them tougher if you must.

And Fariz. you say that some of the jabos die on the way to the field..doentst that happen to the goons too?