Author Topic: Update on the Trinity update...  (Read 2209 times)

Offline Nwbie

• Gold Member
Update on the Trinity update...
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2003, 12:11:09 PM »
Thanks NB
Lots of peeps appreciate that you take your own time to help improve gameplay for all of us, and congrats to your son on his slugging season :)

NwBie
Skuzzy-- "Facts are slowly becoming irrelevant in favor of the nutjob."

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2003, 01:17:56 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
Now, OTOH, YOU base your ENTIRE game around limiting other player's options and you come here to the BBS attempting to gain gameplay concessions from HTC to limit other players' options... to make them play YOUR way... to an even greater degree.
That's the biggest BBS turd you've ever crapped! My Gawd, something got lost in the translation!  What have I ever suggested that limits other people's choices? How have I attempted to model my game around that?

One thing you need to understand is that when the enemy has more choices, it generally means that YOU have less!  That's why people bomb your fields, pork your fuel, shoot down your dweebs who fly in a constant trajectory towards a PNZR pintle gun etc. The whole bleedin' point is to give you less choices! It's your job to stop him. But you can't do it, except by whining to HTC to have the game changed, and to Nobaddy to have the map changed.

The pintle gun is your latest hobby horse when you're in SELECTIVE realism mode. Your REALISM mode varies between ON, OFF, AUTO and SELECTIVE.

As for vehicle fields - No, it had not escaped my notice that each airfield has one. I bomb them often enough. I even know that the airfield ones are harder than the vehicle field ones, which can be destroyed with 8 rockets. But suppose some tank battlers want to slug it out, as they do? I was on my way to bomb a vehicle field VH one time IN MY F4U, but aborted the mission at the request of a pair of Bish PNZRs approaching it. They wanted a tank fight. Fair enough. They didn't want aircraft coming in and ending their fun. But this is hard for you to understand because you're not interested in GV ops, so you end up blinkered. Because YOU have no interest in GV ops, you don't see why anyone else should. Because YOU never get bombed in a GV because you never drive one, you don't see why vehicle ops should be isolated (in some cases) from airfields.

If you knew how hard it was to locate an enemy plane from a PNZR and then try to shoot it down with a pintle gun, you wouldn't whine. But that's the subject of one of your other whining threads. :D Geez, pretty soon you'll have to catalog them all. Yes I know there's tank town in Trinity, but that is a self contained nonsense area.

I realise my reply is shorter than your rebuttal, but that's because once I'd removed the hot air from your rebuttal, there wasn't much left!

Now be a nice Bufo, and lie down under that rock.

Thunder!  I like that award thing so much, I may have to make it my avatar! I saw you today at one of the field captures we made - MrGoon's mission I believe. Went to send you a message, but you had left shortly after landing your 9 vulches! :D  WTG. ;) You were in a mustang, and I was in a jug.

Slapshot - I'll do my own tests. Is it the same on all maps?

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2003, 01:26:54 PM »
Thanks again Beet1e. You are brightening my day. :D

You are, without a doubt, the most entertaining poster here of late.

I'll stand on what I said. And I'll let you show yourself for what you are, Generalissimo.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2003, 02:13:12 PM »
"beetle... how does having more cv's and closer fields affect strat players? "

It should actually benefit all players. Hope it happens.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2003, 02:21:45 PM »
"Slapshot - I'll do my own tests. Is it the same on all maps?"

From my experiences ... yes.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline rshubert

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2003, 02:39:28 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2

As for fuel... I dont care what the fuel hardness is but the field capture and talent required to kill it should be balanced with it's vulnerability... to have one person capable of shutting down, making useless, an entire field... using absolutely not talent... is bad gameplay and badly done
lazs [/B]

ROFL 'til I drool, lazs2.  It takes talent to get to a field and destroy anything while avoiding you plane-killer meanies.  It's not easy.  Why do you think we're called "suicide dweebs"??

You need to admit to yourself that you want me to play your way, so you can get your jollies shooting me down in a thumb-candy arcade game.  Why don't you try Ms. Pacman??  The ghosts ALWAYS do the same thing in the same order, you know.

Try not to be so controlling.  Do you stifle your girl/boyfriends this way, too?

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2003, 02:42:10 PM »
Originally posted by rshubert
ROFL 'til I drool, lazs2.  It takes talent to get to a field and destroy anything while avoiding you plane-killer meanies.  It's not easy.  Why do you think we're called "suicide dweebs"??

You need to admit to yourself that you want me to play your way, so you can get your jollies shooting me down in a thumb-candy arcade game.  Why don't you try Ms. Pacman??  The ghosts ALWAYS do the same thing in the same order, you know.

Try not to be so controlling.  Do you stifle your girl/boyfriends this way, too?

You're called suicide dweebs because you die on impact. Shoot you down? Why bother? You're doing mach 2 straight down.

Offline acetnt

• Zinc Member
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2003, 03:35:56 PM »
Originally posted by NoBaddy
Welp, I intended to infer the difficulty I am having finding time to work on it in my initial post (porkchops and alligators :)). Believe it or not, this is not my job. I do have a R/L job and it has been Hell the last 5 or 6 weeks. Add to that, I am a single parent with a 11 year old son. He has homework to be checked, Boy Scout meetings we have to attend and is currently a slugging outfielder on his Little League team. My plate is rather full, to say the least. The point is, it will be finished when I get time to finish it. When it is finished, I will bug Dale to release it asap. Sorry, it's the best I can do.

I for one appreciate your work. Just thought I'd say thanks

Acetnt

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2003, 05:11:17 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
A quick rebuttal to only some of the pure tripe you posted.

Toad...

After reading that Wall 'O Text you call a "quick rebuttal"...I can see how you might believe there are mountains in Kansas :D.
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Fariz

• Silver Member
      • http://9giap.warriormage.com
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2003, 05:34:18 PM »
Insteresting, that I was several times called suicide dweeb when I killed all acks, fuel, many enemies and even made it home; but never was called suicide dweeb when was vulched 20 times in a row on a runway of a field I tried to defend. :)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2003, 05:35:47 PM »
NB, I could have gone into detail. But considering the poster.... it wasn't worth the effort.

;)

BTW, come on out some time.. we'll climb Mount Sunflower. :D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2003, 05:36:43 PM »
no hubert... slowly now.... I don't care if you make a fool of yourself or not... I simply don't want you to be  able to spoil things for the rest of us without also having to show some small measure of talent...  perking bombs would be equitable.   What have you got against that?   Do you always look for the easiest way to get attention no matter how gamey?
lazs

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2003, 06:06:20 PM »
Originally posted by beet1e
That's the biggest BBS turd you've ever crapped! My Gawd, something got lost in the translation!  What have I ever suggested that limits other people's choices?

Well, there is that thread you posted awhile back about wanting to introduce a rolling plane set...

Ack-Ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2003, 06:10:06 PM »
Ack... priceless!

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2003, 07:32:20 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
Well, there is that thread you posted awhile back about wanting to introduce a rolling plane set...
Errrm, no... I might have mentioned the RPS concept in a post or two here and there, but the only post I am aware of, dedicated to the subject, is this one - by Apache. Quite a good post, actually. But not mine. I am sooooooo sorry to disappoint you. (or should that be yous? - ROFL!) :D:D:D:D