Author Topic: Any word on the FM/Side-climb fix?  (Read 117 times)

Offline Thog

• Zinc Member
Any word on the FM/Side-climb fix?
« on: September 16, 2000, 01:13:00 PM »
I'm talking about the problem of being able to climb handily in some planes while flying on your side.  It was targeted to fix for 1.04a (patch), but I understand it didn't actually get corrected.

Thog

Offline Daff

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2000, 09:58:00 PM »
Somethings really off here...flying knife-edge in the 109F, getting a nice 2k/min RoC..drop a stage of flaps and you get 2.5k/min.
Wings generating lift when in knife-edge?.

Spin model is also completly out of wack...more like a spiral dive than a spin. (except you have to use anti-spin controls to recover from it)

Daff

------------------
CO, 56th Fighter Group
"This is Yardstick. Follow me"

AKSeaWulfe

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2000, 10:05:00 PM »

Originally posted by Daff:

more like a spiral dive than a spin. (except you have to use anti-spin controls to recover from it)

Hmm if you are describing what I think you are that is a spin. It's a flat spin. You should be spinning around on the lift axis with the nose slightly below the horizon. The most common spins are the ones where you pull too hard, lose lift over one wing and spin out real quickly. Flat spins and inverted flat spins are a result of cross controls and loss of airflow over your wings. They can really f' you over in combat if you get stuck in one.
-SW

Offline Daff

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2000, 06:55:00 AM »
Nope..it's not a flatspin...nose is pretty much pointing straight down, rotation is on mainly on the lateral axis and speed is increasing rapidly and G's are increasing (but not excessivly so).

Daff

------------------
CO, 56th Fighter Group
"This is Yardstick. Follow me"