Author Topic: Licenses without photos  (Read 3088 times)

Offline Syzygyone

• Silver Member
Licenses without photos
« Reply #75 on: May 29, 2003, 04:16:25 PM »
Originally posted by threedays
lol RC you know pretty nothing but BS, whitch you did hear in your TV ... take your freaking passport, go there and ask about these things .....

lol what a lovely example of media eater

Hey Threedays;

RC may be a little over the top, but if you think the media invented radical islamic terrorists, you are a total and complete nincompoop! (did I spell that right?)

:D

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Licenses without photos
« Reply #76 on: May 29, 2003, 04:33:32 PM »
lol Holden you right, you are to good to make some mistake, so you just pressed quote and you just watch Tv....

I make mistakes, but in this particular case, I did not.   I quoted you verbatim, and made no edits.   And where does watching TV come into this discussion?

can you explain me, how do you imagine modern muslim girl, traditional muslim girl ?
then i would like to know what do you thing about ortodox... that could be proper fun[/B]

I was speaking of fundamentalist and what I will call  progressive.  Wearing a Burka comes from a fundamentalist point of view, at the other extreme would be a thong Bikini.

you wrote
*"If a Christian decided that the law of faith was supreme over the state and required evangelism in public school, I am sure they would be considered 'Fundamentalist'"*

Yeah I sure did write that, what's your point?

basicaly there is something about God on american money..
Isnt it america, where you must oath on the bible when you speak infront of judge ?? May be only in some of US states.. i realy dont know about US law... so tell me

Swearing on the bible before court testimony is custom, it is not required by law.  Harry Truman finished his oath of office with "and thus I swear."  Rather than the more traditional "So help me God."  neither is required by the constitution.  The Constitution mandates the President being sworn solemny  "swear of affirm"

dunno but if you belive in what you said, america is fundamentalist country from your point of view isnt it ? [/B]

I have no idea how you may have divined that I said America was a fundamentalist country.  That is far from the case.  There are some fundamentalist citizens, but  America is a secular republic, respecting a diversity of religious beliefs.  {See Amendment One of the Constitution.}

The majority of US citizens are of christian faith or at least Judeo-Christian background, so there is a tendency toward those beliefs, but seperation of church and state is a cornerstone of the republic.

Iran and Saudi Arabia have Islam as a state religion.  Tolerance of religious diversity is extremely limited.

Within 60 miles of me (100KM) there is (are) Catholic churches, Episcopalian,  Anglican,  and Baptist churches,  Mormon Temples,  Jewish Synagogues, a Shinto shrine, Islamic Mosques,  Buddist Monestary, theres a place for Hindus, you name it we got it. We even have a ball park if you want to play ball, or rivers to go fishing in while those who wish to attend religious services do so. Do you know the address of a synagogue in Mecca?
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline mietla

• Gold Member
Licenses without photos
« Reply #77 on: May 29, 2003, 05:04:23 PM »
Originally posted by Syzygyone

...But, they should not be treated any differently under the law than any other American, REGARDLESS OF THEIR RELIGION.  

That statement should end this discussion. It is absurd that we even consider what she wants.

Offline BEVO

• Copper Member
Licenses without photos
« Reply #78 on: May 29, 2003, 05:05:37 PM »
this is a PERFECT example of separation church and state......
this law has nothing to do with religion, it has to do with safety..... if your religion doesn't allow you to comply to the law........ well sorry, you're gonna have to sit this one out.

Offline threedays

• Copper Member
Licenses without photos
« Reply #79 on: May 29, 2003, 06:06:03 PM »
well Holden

i saw christian in Iran, i saw churchs in Iran ... people showed great respect to me, no matter on my religion , nobody was trying to explain me that muslims are best of... ...

I never been in Mecca, so i dont know if is there Synagog or not.. but in Iran, whitch you consider to be somehow fanatic muslim country, there are jewish, christian .... and they live next to each other w/o problems..

i already know that you never been in iran, coz you know nothing about it

dont know about SA, never been there... but you surely was there, so you can tell me, what did you mean by
"Iran and Saudi Arabia have Islam as a state religion. Tolerance of religious diversity is extremely limited. "

and i guess, that you dont even know, that cador, burka were in use in Iran looong time before Islame came ...... yeah... these girls covered themself before.... ofcourse from other reason :)

BEVO
problem is that she got her license and now they changed rule and they want to take her that license before it expire... its not about new license ...  if it were about new license, ok we have new rules... but change rules during the validation is not quite OK.. at least not in this country.... but we have 70% of atheist here, so we are probably odd :D

Offline threedays

• Copper Member
Licenses without photos
« Reply #80 on: May 29, 2003, 06:11:24 PM »
Originally posted by Syzygyone
Hey Threedays;

RC may be a little over the top, but if you think the media invented radical islamic terrorists, you are a total and complete nincompoop! (did I spell that right?)

:D

naaaa i dont say that radical islamist terrorist dont exist... of course they do as IRA do , but these guys probably belive that all muslims bite :D

Offline jamusta

• Silver Member
Licenses without photos
« Reply #81 on: May 29, 2003, 06:24:23 PM »
She was allowed to take picture with her veil on before 9/11. After that the rules changed and now she is saying its descrimination. She has a slight point. But a drivers license is a form of identification. They should have never let her take it with the veil on before. Then they would not be having this problem.

Offline mietla

• Gold Member
Licenses without photos
« Reply #82 on: May 29, 2003, 07:33:05 PM »
Originally posted by jamusta
She was allowed to take picture with her veil on before 9/11. After that the rules changed and now she is saying its descrimination. She has a slight point.

And the point is? That we can't change laws? Utter nonsense.

Offline jamusta

• Silver Member
Licenses without photos
« Reply #83 on: May 29, 2003, 08:14:31 PM »
The point is they should not have let her do it in the first place; but they did because of her religion. She was practicing her one of religious beliefs, the government allowed this. Now its like the government is taking away her right to practice one of her beliefs.

Sort of like the national anthem. It was fine before now its not. You see how many people are still pissed about that dont you.
But hey laws change right?

ID is just that, ID. Why they allowed her to do it in the first place baffles me.

Offline mietla

• Gold Member
Licenses without photos
« Reply #84 on: May 29, 2003, 08:19:36 PM »
Originally posted by jamusta
The point is they should not have let her do it in the first place; but they did because of her religion. She was practicing her one of religious beliefs, the government allowed this. Now its like the government is taking away her right to practice one of her beliefs.

Some PC doofus screwed up allowing the original license to be issued and they simply corrected the problem.

Offline jamusta

• Silver Member
Licenses without photos
« Reply #85 on: May 29, 2003, 08:22:38 PM »
Possibly... But that doofus will not be accountable for it. The DMV will. And since it is a government agency...well we all know...in the end someone will get sued.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Licenses without photos
« Reply #86 on: May 29, 2003, 09:18:54 PM »
well Holden

i saw christian in Iran, i saw churchs in Iran ... people showed great respect to me, no matter on my religion , nobody was trying to explain me that muslims are best of... ...

i already know that you never been in iran, coz you know nothing about it

and i guess, that you dont even know, that cador, burka were in use in Iran looong time before Islame came ...... yeah... these girls covered themself before.... of course from other reason :)

Note:  the above is an edited quote:

I suggest that you read my words and discontinue trying to read between the lines.

You are confusing government with the people. Of course there are those not of Islamic faith in Iran, but I thought that I would give you a link: http://www.president.ir/ this is a link to the President of The Islamic Republic of Iran which shows by its very name evidence that those not of the Islamic faith have limited political freedom, and therefore limited political power.  There is no separation of church and state, otherwise they would change the name.

I do not need to go to Tehran to know things about Iran. Using your logic, you could not possibly know about Iran's (or more properly Persia's) pre-Islamic dress, because you were never in pre-Islamic Iran.  Once again by your own logic, apparently one needs to walk through a Louisiana bayou in order to know that it is full of alligators and snakes, and one must endure mosquito bites.  Please do not respond by discussing Louisiana bayous.

But back to the intent of this thread, by her actions and dress, it is my view that she is fundamentalist in her religious belief.  I fail to see how one could argue that.  It is her faith that requires the veil.

My personal gauge is that if I find myself in a religion that requires a certain type of dress, I would tend to think that I am in the wrong religion, and that includes sacred underwear.  Sorry, Utah, I dress for the weather.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2003, 11:44:19 PM by Holden McGroin »
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline threedays

• Copper Member
Licenses without photos
« Reply #87 on: May 30, 2003, 03:53:20 AM »
ummm i cant find any stuff about limitation of other religion on that page.... ofcourse, there are not christian or atheist in the goverment, coz they have very small support there... 95% of people are muslim... and be quite sure that they know that only 20% of them is doing their homework well

oohh man come on ... does your goverment support mosqs ? does italian goverment support mosqs ??? are there muslim in  your goverment

ok they do not build churches for people, but why the hell should they, when 95% of people are muslim lol

anyway there are Jews, Synagogs, Christian, Ortodox, churches in Iran..... so before you start to whine about evil iranian president, check reality

anyway you are talking about man whitch changed Iran a lot, you pick wrong man for flaming

he bring a lot of changes for girls

anyway another goood link about iran is http://www.irna.com

Offline threedays

• Copper Member
Licenses without photos
« Reply #88 on: May 30, 2003, 04:07:04 AM »
lol Hodlen if you realy belive, that you can find true about IIR out side of IIR, you realy rock...

anyway take 1000 USD, passport and go to iran for 1 month
if you want some people to help , i can provide you some contact
they will be pleased by your visit and finaly you can check all these evil fundamentalist personali ...
its point less to talk to you, coz you will know more about Iran in 1 month sitting on the chair, that i could learn by 1 month travelling around IIR

and just btw ... quoran doesnt say, what they should wear... its only say, what shoulnt been seen..... everybody interepreted these words by his owen way

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Licenses without photos
« Reply #89 on: May 30, 2003, 04:23:06 AM »
Okay Threedays.  One last time to correct your false perceptions of my posting(s).

ummm i cant find any stuff about limitation of other religion on that page.... ofcourse, there are not christian or atheist in the goverment, coz they have very small support there... 95% of people are muslim... and be quite sure that they know that only 20% of them is doing their homework well

oohh man come on ... does your goverment support mosqs ? does italian goverment support mosqs ??? are there muslim in  your goverment

oohh man come on.. My government does not support any religious institution.  The ACLU makes sure of it.  Is seperation of church and state a difficult concept for you?  

ok they do not build churches for people, but why the hell should they, when 95% of people are muslim lol

anyway there are Jews, Synagogs, Christian, Ortodox, churches in Iran..... so before you start to whine about evil iranian president, check reality

I noted the name of the country as evidence that the Islamic Republic of Iran was an Islamic Republic.  I did not attack the policies of the President of the Islamic Republic of Iran. Please do not make the claim that I did.  As compared to the Ayatolla Khomeni, he is a reformer.  I think that he has a way to go to be in the same league as Gandhi, as we all do.

anyway you are talking about man whitch changed Iran a lot, you pick wrong man for flaming

I did not attack the policies of the President of the Islamic Republic of Iran. Please do not make the claim that I did.I am talking about the government, not any individual.

he bring a lot of changes for girls

I did not attack the policies of the President of the Islamic Republic of Iran. Please do not make the claim that I did.

anyway another goood link about iran is http://www.irna.com

Please remember that this thread is about a woman in Florida, and the issue is one of religious dogma versus public policy.

This will be my last response to you, as it seems that you find it difficult to grasp the concepts I assert.  You have misunderstood virtually every argument I have made.

Just one last edit:

From the Constitution of the IR of Iran

Article 1
The form of government of Iran is that of an Islamic Republic, endorsed by the people of Iran on the basis of their longstanding belief in the sovereignty of truth and Qur'anic justice, in the referendum of Farwardin 9 and 10 in the year 1358 of the solar Islamic calendar, corresponding to Jamadi al-'Awwal 1 and 2 in the year 1399 of the lunar Islamic calendar (March 29 and 30, 1979], through the affirmative vote of a majority of 98.2\% of eligible voters, held after the victorious Islamic Revolution led by the eminent marji' al-taqlid, Ayatullah al-Uzma Imam Khumayni.

Note:
Nowhere in the Constitution of the United States does it mention the Christian Bible.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2003, 04:37:17 AM by Holden McGroin »