Author Topic: 109g10??  (Read 1702 times)

Offline _Schadenfreude_

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
109g10??
« on: May 28, 2003, 04:46:49 AM »
Have taken to the G10 like a duck to .... er water - one question though - the impressive stats in terms of climb and speed seem to be more in line with the 109K, is the G10 actually a K in sheep's clothing and if not can we expect the K anytime soon?

um along with the D12 and assorted Russian and Japanese goodies like th Tojo and the Frank?

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
109g10??
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2003, 04:51:50 AM »
The G10 was a mutt airplane cobbled together with whatever was available at the time and so it had a wide range of performance from G6/AS class all the way up to near K4 standard - this is the type we have now. The K4 would still climb faster, have faster deck speed, have better balance and would have better roll rate at high speeds because of flettner assist tabs on the ailerons.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: 109g10??
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2003, 05:01:00 AM »
Originally posted by _Schadenfreude_
Have taken to the G10 like a duck to .... er water - one question though - the impressive stats in terms of climb and speed seem to be more in line with the 109K, is the G10 actually a K in sheep's clothing and if not can we expect the K anytime soon?

um along with the D12 and assorted Russian and Japanese goodies like th Tojo and the Frank?

Don't expect any new planes until AH2 comes out sometime this fall.

Ack-Ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
109g10??
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2003, 05:02:02 AM »
You have a pretty sharp eye there, Schaden :)

This has been discussed in the past, and the general consensus of the community is that our Bf109G-10, is the best possible G-10 configuration there can be - I believe people have proved that our G-10 has the DB605DCM engine, and it's speed is listed 452mph at 22k feet(although some people suggest actual AH test speeds are little slow, 448mph max).

The specs certainly is not the 'normal' kind of G-10 performance specs you'd see around.

The K-4, as in Grun's post, would probably be a little better in small bits of performance, but I think it's safe to say our G-10 is practically a K-4.

I don't think we're going to have a K-4, but some people have been suggesting(actually, I have been suggesting :D ) that HTC improve bits of performance on the G-10 and change it's name into a K-4, and, insert one new 109 (preferrably the G-6/AS or the G-14) between the G-6 and the new "K-4", to fill the gap.

As it is, our Bf109G-6 is the earliest of all the G-6 models there is, and it's performance lacks behind even the G-2.

ps) One 'trend' of AH plane choices, is that they try not to model few, rare planes which hardly saw enough combat( of course, there are some exceptions).

I don't think we'll ever get to see a 190D-12 or a 190D-13 when we already have the D-9, and the Ta152H-1. However, the lack of Russian and Japanese planes have been brought up in the past - I think the news of the development of AH2, sort of dissipated the discussions on new planes for those two countries, but I'm quite sure in the upcoming AH2 HTC will be planning to put in more planes. (Maybe.. umm... if we're lucky, we'll get to see them at the end of this year?)

The AH community really really wants to see the Ki-84, too. :)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2003, 05:08:07 AM by Kweassa »

Offline _Schadenfreude_

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
109g10??
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2003, 05:12:55 AM »
The best part of the G10 is the ability to decide on cannon loadout, excellent feature....

The K in a new skin would be pretty awesome - would kill for a
D12 to get rid of those pesky La7's....

How come all one see's are Spit, Spit, Spit, La7, Spit, Spit, P51, La7, Spit, Spit, Spit......don't they know what they're missing out on????

Personal wish list for next build would be:

Fw190-D12
Tojo - 4 x 20mm model
Tojo - 2 x 45mm model
Frank1a
Frank1c - 2 x 20mm & 2 x 30mm ( can hear the cries of anguish now)
P39 - Su lend lease
Yak3
Yak1
Mig3
IL10
Clipped wing spit Va - awesome roll rate
P400 - P39 with 20mm
B25 - the deathstar
He111 - for those London raids in 1940
Do217e - 8 x 1000 lbers
Do217j - Night fighter
Wellingtons
Gladiators

The list is endless!!

Offline Duedel

• Silver Member
109g10??
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2003, 05:32:27 AM »
Dont forget the Me410 :)

I'm with Kweassa here. I would like to see a K4 instead of our G10 and a additional G6/AS too. There were only a few D12 so i would rather see Japanes or Russian planes.

I really dont know why most people fly Spit P51 N1K and La7. Sure are all good planes but they are boring and easy to fly (except the P51 - I'll never understand to fly this beautifull plane too its limits). I like the challange so most times I'm sitting in a 190A5.
But I have to admit that sometimes I enjoy a good base defense in a N1K. ;)

Offline YUCCA

• Silver Member
109g10??
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2003, 06:11:56 AM »
We need a yokosuka mxy-7 (ohka) !!!!!!!
Nothin like a jap single seat jet kamakazi plane.   MUAHAHAHA

Offline _Schadenfreude_

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
109g10??
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2003, 06:19:38 AM »
Originally posted by YUCCA
We need a yokosuka mxy-7 (ohka) !!!!!!!
Nothin like a jap single seat jet kamakazi plane.   MUAHAHAHA

I thought that's what P38's were for...

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
109g10??
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2003, 07:38:32 AM »
Ju-88 G6 nightfighter with radar and the Schrage Musik and oh what fun that be. Im stuck in H2h for next couple of weeks,do you realize the pure joy of furballing in a Ju-88 and landing 10 kill sorties of temps, spit14s and niks? If I had guns that work it would be twice the fun.  And in the new mission arena nightfigher missions seaching for those lone lancs and filling em full of lead and watching them ride their incendiary filled crate into the ground.
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
109g10??
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2003, 09:37:35 AM »
Originally posted by TW9
hmm k4 sounds nice but get rid of the g10? from the sounds of it the k4 would be a sweet ride but i'd hate for the g10 to turn into some suped up dweeb plane..

I thought the K4 would be the dweeb plane, with all that speed and firepower.

I like the G10 with the 30mm and gondolas - its fun to kill Mustangs and Spitfires in HOs because they think they have bigger guns.  I think the K4 would have this same option, but with higher speed and better roll rate, right?

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
109g10??
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2003, 10:58:39 AM »
Originally posted by Kweassa
The AH community really really wants to see the Ki-84, too. :)

That's just a vicious rumor..
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
109g10??
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2003, 11:44:56 AM »
Originally posted by TW9
No, dont ho.. especially vs  a spit when u could easily bnz and pony and g10s are usually good fight but i'd still bnz them too if i had the advantage..

And leave the gondies in the hanger.. u'll find that its a much better ride w/o them... If ur confident in ur aim use the 60 30mms which are usually good for  3 to 6 kills for me and the 13mm machine guns are very underated... Some people land w/o even using them... A steady spray of those will take a plane down easily.. U could get another 2-4 kills with the mg..

I've found that the added weight of the gondolas helps me accellerate on the downhill run to engage a bandit.  Invariably I'll end up with a Spit or Mustang turning back at me into a frontal attack, probably expecting me to either turn away or else get hosed by .50s or Hispanos.  When that happens, I just zoom in my view and squeeze the trigger at d1.0 and let the cowl guns hit first, then have the 30mm bat clean-up while the other guy's guns are doing a big X in front of me and passing on either side.  The gondolas are there for the extended kill sorties, when I've used up the 60 rounds of 30mm on the first 2 or 3 kills.

If I actually want to turn in a 109, I'll bring a 109F or G6 (with the lighter gun loadout).  If I get frustrated or outnumbered, I'll just grab a Yak9U.

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
109g10??
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2003, 12:19:16 PM »
You're right about the gondolas making the plane sluggish in the rolls and turns, but so long as I fly the way the 109G10 "Juggernaut Package" wants to be flown (i.e. - a lot like the 190A8 with four 20mms) without bleeding too much speed, it makes a pretty big sledgehammer in the sky.  And it seems to be a bit faster than the 190, too.

One thing I found to help in turning the G10 with gondolas is to use the elevator trim to bring it around the turn, then flip the Combat Trim back on to get speed back in a level flightpath. GScholtz told me about that; it really helps avoid hitting the ground in a high-speed dive.  The roll rate is still a bit sluggish with the gondolas, but the G10 is still fightable.

The trick with the 109F is to remember that you don't have much of an engine compared to the late-war planes in the MA, so you'll have to use gravity to get your speed up.  I'll typically WEP a 109F up to around 15k, then normal climb up to 20k to let the motor cool down, then maybe WEP it on up a couple more feet depending on the number of enemy in the area.  The more enemy there is, the more likely it is that you're going to get bounced by a LA-7, P-51D, or Typhoon, so make sure you have enough potential energy to keep you fast enough to avoid their guns.

Offline snocone

• Copper Member
109g10??
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2003, 12:23:39 PM »
i have a big problem with compression in the g10, if i am flyin for mother germany, its a dora

Offline _Schadenfreude_

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
109g10??
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2003, 12:34:40 PM »
Originally posted by gofaster
If I actually want to turn in a 109, I'll bring a 109F or G6 (with the lighter gun loadout).  If I get frustrated or outnumbered, I'll just grab a Yak9U.

Turning bad, Boom and Zoom - Good...