Author Topic: Movies that cause Neuroses  (Read 1720 times)

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
Movies that cause Neuroses
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2003, 01:07:59 PM »
American History X where Ed Norton kicks the guy in the back of the head after the guy was laying in the street and Norton forced him to open his mouth and bite the curb.  Freaked out just typing about it...
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline MrBill

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2003, 01:10:56 PM »
The Excorcist:  Nuff said

Alien:  I must have missed the cat scene in Aliens which was a different movie. ;)

The Dark:  The old one (1979) with Keenan Wynn and William Devane.  I worked in a complex that had the exact same type underground garage and elevator system as in the movie.  Going to work at 4am (normally) was hard on the nerves for weeks. :D
We do not stop playing because we grow old
We grow old because we stop playing

Offline udet

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.angelfire.com/nd/mihaipruna/dogfight.html
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2003, 01:11:44 PM »
The TV show Twin Peaks....freaked the hell out of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
big white owls comint at you and then Bob...I was so scared every time it happened to watch an episode I probably blocked it out of my memory, I can only vaguely remember what the show was all about-just that agent Cooper came to investigate the death of that chick Laura Palmer.
someone please tell me they watched that show, and how it ends.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2003, 01:15:06 PM by udet »

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2003, 01:22:36 PM »
Never watched twin peaks.  I do know that it didn't end... it was cancelled.  They lost a majority of their fan base when it was leaked they were making the series up as they went along and there was no clear end.

MiniD

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2003, 01:23:50 PM »
NEON GENESIS EVANGELION - heh, if I was a girl, I'd never go to sleep with a guy named Shinji around, and definitely never go into a coma with him around.  ;)

Jaws freaked me out for awhile as a kid.  I got over it.

had nightmares from Nightmare on Elm Street for awhile in middle school.  One dream REALLY freaked me out, because it was a damned double dream.  I was dreaming I was dreaming with Freddy in it, and he sliced me with the knives.  I "woke up" in the dream thinking "wow, it was just a dream" until I noticed blood everywhere in the bed, and felt the slices on my back.  In the dream I screamed, and the next thing I know my mom was in my room waking me up.  It's the only time I know for a fact I have yelped while sleeping.  I don't think I slept soundly for a few days after that.  I kept having dreams about it until finally in a dream I said "I'm tired of running, just kill me," and Freddy obliged.  I woke up alive (obviously) and haven't had a dream about it in the 15 years since.  Freaky.

I've dreamt about other scary movies, but those usually turn out to be fun.  Like with Aliens.  Almost always my dreams about the aliens from that series end up with me fighting them somehow.  That's fun!  :)
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2003, 01:36:46 PM »
i totally forgot about the movie that scared me the most of all:

THE CAR

noone prolly knows it but it's about a demon possesed black car that goes around killing people. it mostly happened @ night and there would be a strong wind before it got you. it even drove / flew right through a woman's house so you weren't safe there :eek:

for years i would go to take out the garbage @ night and run my arse off the whole way in case the car was after me.

i still get the heebie jeebies @ night when it's real windy all of a sudden.
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2003, 01:47:23 PM »
Oooo... one that had an impact too...

Duel

MiniD

Offline OIO

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2003, 01:50:10 PM »
dont just say the movie, say what it did to you. Remember not everyone knows wtf you talking about :)

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2003, 01:52:49 PM »
**** you... I can say just the movie if I want.  And if you don't know wtf I'm talking about... that's your loss.  Twas a great movie.

MiniD

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2003, 01:53:55 PM »
2001: A Space Oddyssey - HAL2000 freaks me out.

Pi - a total mind****

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2003, 01:58:34 PM »
Originally posted by Mini D
**** you... I can say just the movie if I want.  And if you don't know wtf I'm talking about... that's your loss.  Twas a great movie.

MiniD

lol Deja.  That's almost sig material.

Offline OIO

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2003, 02:06:46 PM »
LOL!

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2003, 02:08:40 PM »
Originally posted by Swoop
lol Deja.  That's almost sig material.

MiniD is Deja?  As in Dejavu?  As in AKDejavu?

When did he become an FDB?:confused:
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Hawklore

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2003, 02:16:15 PM »
There was this one movie, messed me up bad..

Was like a desert combat armegeadon time era...

Back when I was like 7...

Had a dream I was in a tank and blew the heads of my brothers off.. woa..it was too realistic..
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.
Trouble no one about their religion;
respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours.
Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life." - Chief Tecumseh

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2003, 02:34:12 PM »
Its not really a "movie" but when I was 10 or so, there was a show, narrated by Orson Wells, about Nostrodamus.  Naturally, it was gloom and doom and went into great detail about how dismal a future we have.  I wasn't looking forward to several of the years they indicated "the end was coming"...much less the 3rd anti christ in a blue turban.

Name eludes me.

An Nostrodamus is fulla crap  :eek: