Author Topic: Movies that cause Neuroses  (Read 1718 times)

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Movies that cause Neuroses
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2003, 02:38:38 PM »
Just gonna say the movie... you guys in the Northwest might know the scene:

Sometimes a Great Notion

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2003, 02:42:21 PM »
I saw the Exorcist at the theater when I was 9.  That was a ****ing bad decision.  I was freaked out for over a year after.  A 9 year old seeing a shrink about a damn movie is ****ing messed up.

We had just moved into a new house;  Even today, some 28 years later the smell of fresh paints ****s with me head.  

My favorite record at the time was a 45 I had of Elvis singing "Hound Dog" and "Don't be cruel";  these two songs still can raise the hairs on my neck

I had a bunk bed and had to sleep on the top bunk, to be further away from the devil.  This combined with me already sleeping cross-legged so that Jaws couldn't jump up on the end of me bed and eat me like he did Quint, made for some long nites.

I had a chance to see it agian when it was re-released a few years ago, no ****ing way.

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2003, 03:06:05 PM »
Originally posted by Curval
MiniD is Deja?  As in Dejavu?  As in AKDejavu?

When did he become an FDB?:confused:

When he could no longer keep his love for SOB a secret and SOB got tired of filing restraining orders against him.  SOB insisted we invite him in because he was "tired of pretending."  Whatever that means.

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
The changeling got me good,
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2003, 03:27:32 PM »
The whole movie was just creepy as hell.

Poltergiest got me when I was a kid, freaked me out hardcore.

The first nightmare on elm street scared the hell out of me too...

Jaws, I still think about it when I swim in the ocean.

The entity, cause it was supposed to be true and it was creepy as hell.

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2003, 03:33:52 PM »
the first ever bob the builder episode...melted all my brothers toys after that one...cant sleep if theres any plastic toys in the house...

Offline anonymous

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2003, 03:45:23 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target

Sometimes a Great Notion

is that where the guy is pinned under the log and the water is getting higher and his buddy is trying to keep him alive? that can be done actually, and for a long time as long as everyone keeps their composure. i must have seen than movie over thirty years ago and i recall that scene perfectly.

Offline Mathman

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2003, 03:46:35 PM »
The Shining - little kids on Big Wheels, large vacant hotels, Jack Nicholson... damn movie freaked me out... "Danny, come play with us..."

The Thing (the Kurt Russel/John Carpenter remake) -  man that movie had me running from large huskies for weeks, and that damn music... holy ****, talk about adding atmosphere...

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2003, 03:49:42 PM »
Originally posted by anonymous
is that where the guy is pinned under the log and the water is getting higher and his buddy is trying to keep him alive? that can be done actually, and for a long time as long as everyone keeps their composure. i must have seen than movie over thirty years ago and i recall that scene perfectly.

You got it. Paul Newman and Richard Jeakle I believe. That drowning scene really stuck with me.. still does.

Offline anonymous

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2003, 03:51:23 PM »
three big ones here. a really old movie called atlantis. about the city that the unenlightened dont believe in. :) inside joke. at the end a evil dude goes crazy with some kind of laser. monsters all over and the laser burning the helpless people of atlantis and the world is ending. scared the **** out of me when i was young. the last scene in prince of darkness. where the guy who i think was in rip tide cop show is having nightmares wakes up looks over in bed and his girl is there with no skin on her face. that made me jump first time i saw the movie. last one is scene in forest gump where they are on patrol in VN and gump says "and then the sun came out" i said "oh ****" out loud and then blam the gooks popped the ambush on forest gump and his buddies. when the light got brighter from clouds goin away and they all exposed i knew they were going to get pounded. great directing there. im sure there are some other guys that thought the same thing an instant before the ambush was sprung.

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2003, 04:05:21 PM »
anonymous .. that "atlantis" movie...

was the big lazer melting everyone real big? and a woman told some dude to get out and sat on her throne and melted or something?

if so i been trying to find out WTF that was for like last 20 years. i saw it as a kid on TV and it was the totally saddest and scary ending i can remember. it doesnt scare me now but i still have that image and want to cry.

(YES im totally affected by every movie i see so i will prolly comment on all your replies LOL) :D

JK

EDIT: Movie threads are so broad and meaningless unlike the political stuff usually in the OC.. thats whay i love them and become a post potato! (+ the jobsite im @ today i can use the internet ;) )
« Last Edit: May 28, 2003, 04:08:09 PM by JB73 »
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2003, 04:07:07 PM »
What tha...Deja Vu is in the squad?  When the hell was somebody gonna tell me about this?!  I hate that dipsh*t!

OK, back on topic.  Most definitely that damned clown from poltergeist!  Him and his damned arms.  He got his in Scary Movie 2 tho'  :D

Creepshow and Twilight Zone the movie really freaked me out when I was a kid too.  Always checking the wings on the aircraft when I flew commercially for creatures having a snack, and worried about going down in the basement for fear of a ape-thing in a crate!

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2003, 04:11:11 PM »
"The Marathon Man"... I think about it every time I visit the dentist.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2003, 04:14:39 PM »
I hid my eyes when Bambi's mom was murdered by the gun nuts.

Offline Manedew

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2003, 04:16:13 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target

Sometimes a Great Notion

Hehe i was thinking about the 'finger' at the end .. too funny

Marthon man make my teeth hurt too...

Dark Crystal always scared the crap outta me when I was real young ...Pupets still 'scare' me :)

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2003, 04:16:28 PM »
Saw a movie at a drive-in theatre when I was a kid. Don't recall the name but it was about people who when they suffered a catatonic episode were buried alive because the were thought to be dead.

Have dreaded being buried alive ever since. ;)
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.