Author Topic: desert is boring  (Read 474 times)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
desert is boring
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2003, 08:25:07 AM »
It just needs a tune up like Trinity, probably.

Too many Vehicle Only fields; change some of those to airfields which still allows the treadheads all the same tread-clanking opportunities to fight from the same spawn points and there wouldn't be so much droning around.

Obviously, the V-fields at the bottoms of canyons wouldn't be too sterling as airfields.

Maybe even put in a few more ports and CV groups. Or possibly change some of the "outer ring" streamside fields to ports.

I think either of these changes would up the "action" quotient.

Just my .02.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
desert is boring
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2003, 08:41:00 AM »
Originally posted by Toad
It just needs a tune up like Trinity, probably.

Too many Vehicle Only fields; change some of those to airfields which still allows the treadheads all the same tread-clanking opportunities to fight from the same spawn points and there wouldn't be so much droning around.

Obviously, the V-fields at the bottoms of canyons wouldn't be too sterling as airfields.

Maybe even put in a few more ports and CV groups. Or possibly change some of the "outer ring" streamside fields to ports.

I think either of these changes would up the "action" quotient.

Just my .02.

I'd have to agree on adding more ports and changing some of the v-fields to airfields, particularly the v-fields in the outer border.  As for turning the canyon v-fields into airfields, I think having a few airfields down low might make for interesting canyon furballs.

I'd also like to see some of the bumps smoothed out.  Driving a Panzer at 25 mph can give me a headache.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2003, 12:44:47 PM by gofaster »

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
desert is boring
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2003, 08:43:45 AM »
CHANGE THE DAMN COLORS.......

:mad:

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
desert is boring
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2003, 08:44:47 AM »
Desert map is fine and immersive especially since the AC broke in my home office and when the temp go past 35° (95°F) ...

Offline Baine

• Copper Member
desert is boring
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2003, 10:32:08 AM »
One good thing about pizza map, I get a week of playing Falcon 4 and Mig Alley.