Author Topic: JB42 here's that film of our fight  (Read 590 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
JB42 here's that film of our fight
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2003, 11:38:45 PM »
Originally posted by JB42

PS. Im still gonna call you an AKAKallite :p

It's a lot better than what you used to call me in AW

Acl-Ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline mia389

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
JB42 here's that film of our fight
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2003, 11:42:18 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
I usually try to keep my elevator trim as close to neutral as I can, that's why I usually have it on the _ part of the L in Elevator on the trim indicator.  If I have to dial in some positive or negative elevator trim, it usually depends on the situation I'm in.  Since we were doing a lot of vertical maneuvers and rolls, I wanted my elevators to be as trimmed to neutral as possible so I don't burn any unnecessary E because there might be a situation were I need all the E I can muster and when I get an angle on the target, I don't want to have to fight any positive lift to keep my guns on the target.

But would have trimming my elevators up hindered my fight?  Nope.  Would it have helped?  Depending on the situation yes it could have, at the least it could have made the fight shorter.

Ack-Ack

Thanks akak I was wondering if that does help me and I do know when i do use it and have to straiten out my nose, my nose gets bouncey until I can get trim back to nuetral. hehe kindof wish would move just a tad faster but Im starting to get the hang of it. After watching the film again I seen you really had no use to use it.
FBsmokey