Author Topic: JB42 here's that film of our fight  (Read 591 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
JB42 here's that film of our fight
« on: June 15, 2003, 04:15:07 AM »
Here's the film of our fight over A42 earlier.  It starts after my 3rd kill and and shows our entire engagement.  The only HO shot I saw was the one you took that hit my engine.  In the film it shows the first hits landing on your canopy area as you were trying to turn into me but I was able to get in tighter.  The next shots after that did hit your wing area as we both continued our turns but it clearly shows that I was going for a legit snap shot on your canopy/upper fuselage and not maneuvering for an intentional head on shot.  Other than that little controversy, it was a fun fight.  You see how many times that Spitfire stalled out trying to get a shot at me?

Too bad I didn't film the entire flight, it actually turned out to be a good one and will use it as a training film for my squadron.

P-38 run

Ack-Ack
« Last Edit: June 15, 2003, 04:22:48 AM by Ack-Ack »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2003, 05:23:06 AM »
Gee AKAK I always miss the fun when your messing with Rooks. Can I star in one of your films one day?? Please... please...

...-Gixer

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2003, 05:48:44 AM »
Originally posted by Gixer
Can I star in one of your films one day?? Please... please...

...-Gixer

I've got this film idea that I've been tossing around in my head.  It's got everything you can want in a movie, sheep, midgets and even JOC as Little Bo-Pimp.  There's a part you'd be perfect for.

Ack-Ack

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2003, 07:54:08 AM »
This is embarrassing. :(

You did nothing wrong AKAK, and I must say that was an excellent piece of flying you did there.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2003, 08:44:35 AM »
Very nice film, AKAK. I always like it when people post their films, as it gives a different insight/different perspective.

Offline mia389

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2003, 12:16:28 PM »
Very nice akak. only HO I seen was the one you tried to avoid but 205 hit your #1 engine. If he didnt do that he would have a dead squady and bet you would have made it home. Watching your film I would of done all the same things but one. I notice you didnt bring your trim all the way up. If i was in that situation I would have trimed up to get my nose around little quicker. Now saying that does that help me at all? I thought I learned that from you but maybe not. I got some films I would like to post but dont have a place where I could put them any ideas? great work akak, someday them spits are going learn if they slower they can turn tighter but they still got that torque factor :)  AKAK

I dont think ill believe JB42 much lol

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2003, 01:40:53 PM »
Oh no Mia, don't write off JB28 so quickly. He's a decent stick.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2003, 05:01:08 PM »
Originally posted by mia389
Watching your film I would of done all the same things but one. I notice you didnt bring your trim all the way up. If i was in that situation I would have trimed up to get my nose around little quicker. Now saying that does that help me at all?

I usually try to keep my elevator trim as close to neutral as I can, that's why I usually have it on the _ part of the L in Elevator on the trim indicator.  If I have to dial in some positive or negative elevator trim, it usually depends on the situation I'm in.  Since we were doing a lot of vertical maneuvers and rolls, I wanted my elevators to be as trimmed to neutral as possible so I don't burn any unnecessary E because there might be a situation were I need all the E I can muster and when I get an angle on the target, I don't want to have to fight any positive lift to keep my guns on the target.

But would have trimming my elevators up hindered my fight?  Nope.  Would it have helped?  Depending on the situation yes it could have, at the least it could have made the fight shorter.

Ack-Ack

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2003, 05:05:20 PM »
Originally posted by GScholz
Oh no Mia, don't write off JB28 so quickly. He's a decent stick.

Yeah he is, JB42 is doing a decent job of teaching his Jabbowockies on flying and fighting.  He did a better job than that Spitfire.

Ack-Ack

Offline Nwbie

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2003, 10:23:17 AM »
Thing about JB42 is, that if he dies on a snapshot, he assumes it is a ho, been yelled at by him a couple times for the same thing, but when explain my fe to him and that was a legit snapshot, he instantly accepts and salutes. He is just an intense fighter who has a lot of confidence in his abilities, so I never take it the wrong way, he and the rest of the JB's are good peeps and are one of the best squads at winging with each other, you are in for a good workout if you run into two or more of them together.
If ya really want to have fun with the JB's, stop in at the next snapshot event, they are always in there, and wing with them, lots of fun and their winging together abilities helps you land some kills :)

JB"S

NwBie
Skuzzy-- "Facts are slowly becoming irrelevant in favor of the nutjob."

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2003, 11:02:03 AM »
TY NwBie <> back.

one thing 42 preaches is avoid the HO so as not to get killed and leave a squaddie hanging alone. i know myself that almost 2/3 of all merges have @ least 1 HO shot available. i also know we generally as a squad avoid the shot best we can.

there are times when we all HO.... like a la7 is vulching and you get up and just kill him quick to clear the base... even if you die the base is now clear.

but back to topic. personally when i dont shoot a slight angle HO in a 1-1 fight out of respect and the desire to win the dogfight legit, then the enemy goes and takes the HO just to get out of the fight really PO's me. i havent been able to watch akak's film yet, so i'm not making conclusions about the fight. i'm just talking about fights in the MA in general. i would hazard a guess that 75% or more actually try for the HO in a fight cause they figure they'll @ least get a kill even if they die. what happened to ACM? :(

i know that 42 has been realyl PO'd about that lately.

just wait till "Dweeb week" and we'll all have fun MUHAHAHAHAHAHA :D
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2003, 11:20:55 AM »
"i would hazard a guess that 75% or more actually try for the HO in a fight cause they figure they'll @ least get a kill even if they die.

I would hazard to say that it is higher then 75% from what I encounter on a daily/hourly basis.

What I hate is when you have gotten into a good dogfight and are coming over the top and the enemy is at the bottom starting to try to flatten out for an extend/evasive and one of your fellow countryman comes to the HO rescue ... and you watch them both go down in flames. Worse yet ... your fellow countryman flys away with the kill ... :mad:
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2003, 05:21:23 PM »
Thanks NwBie!

Offline JB42

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2003, 09:02:39 PM »

Very enlightening. Clearly shows the difference that two FEs can have. Unfortunantly I did not film that fight, but on my FE it not only looked like you HOd me, but, what looks like I HOd you your film, on my FE i was coming at you from your front quarter. So my apology. I wish everyone would see this film and read the posts. Maybe before chastising someone for an HO or a ram, they might realize that not everyone has the same view of the fight.

PS. Im still gonna call you an AKAKallite :p
" The only thing upping from the CV are lifejackets." - JB15

" Does this Pony make my butt look fat?" - JB11

" I'd rather shoot down 1 Spit in a 109 than 10 109s in a Spit." - JB42

Offline mia389

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2003, 11:37:32 PM »
my appoliges, I forget his end and your end can be 2 different things. I do recall a time I was screaming at a guy for HOing me but when he did send me the film is wasnt quite a HO and I  would have taken the shot too. Was alot like this film actually. Same with collisons I guess. Lots of times ill die and they wont but on my end looks like both FE should of detected a collison but he was still flying. I kindof forgot about the internet thing and 2 guys and see diff. things. Ill pull JB42 out of the," I gotta kill this guys folder":D