Author Topic: What is it with all the no-skill killstealers lately?  (Read 2629 times)

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
What is it with all the no-skill killstealers lately?
« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2003, 07:52:29 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
what is with all the kill stealing lately???  You gotta be kidding?

It is so simple  a blind hubert could see it....

Make itso that there are no opportunities for good furgballs or melles.... make it so that the only viable survival tactic is steamrollering and gangbanging.... create an arena where, if you are lucky you see a con that isn't above you with 20 buddies oh, maybe once in 10 minutes and....

buddy.. you are gonna take a shot at that plane!   you haven't seen anything you didn't have to run away from all night and now you are gonna put some ammo into that plane even though the other six guys are on it!

More fights equal less worry about such things... first off, if you have a lot of action you don't care so much if you lose one to a stealer because you are to BUSY  rememeber busy?   Also.. you won't find 8 guys on one con if there are a lot of playeres participatihng in a real furball.

The more you make these timid maps with their totally dweeby strat... the more dweeby crap you will see.
lazs

Lol, god bless ya Laz, but you are starting to sound like Weazel. And I’m not prompting you to step on my tail. I just notice that everything you talk about is low furballing, nothing else, like it’s what anyone playing this game should achieve. That’s kinda a weird obsession.

Sure, it has its merits, but when it consumes your every post? Kinda like once Bush is gone, what’s Weazel going to do? Make his bbs moniker a “?” graphic and sit around miffed, with no current pResident quotes linked graphics of anti-bush cartoons to posts here?

Im guilty of goofing on people thrusted by 12 Budweiser’s of animosity just to get a reaction, but come on. It’s at least varied and topic specific. I'll work on that considering.

You furball , super. If you can’t furbal to your liking, move on from Aces High. Seems like you can though.

Give the HTC BBS a break.

Offline Mathman

• Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: June 23, 2003, 08:16:57 PM »
I thought the point of this game was to turn the enemy planes into confetti and everything that moves a situation towards that end is legit.  Well, if not for the game and those that think their **** don't stink, then it is by my standards.  If someone steals my kills, fine.  Why should I care?  I get my share.  I think many in this thread get their share of kills as well even without the stolen ones.  These self-professed experts always make me laugh.  IT IS A GAME PEOPLE.  It is meant to be enjoyed.  Why on earth they worry about a few kills here and there being stolen escapes me.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: June 23, 2003, 08:42:54 PM »
Creamo You talk about autofellatio a bit much. As a heterosexual, it makes me uncomfortable. In the future, if you want to blow yourself, or talk about others doing so, leave me out ok?  Your phallic fixation is your business, but not my cup of tea.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #78 on: June 23, 2003, 08:52:06 PM »
Originally posted by Mathman
IT IS A GAME PEOPLE.  It is meant to be enjoyed.

Exactly.  What do I care about about a couple kills a tour?  I just enjoy being obnoxious with the perps. :D (think I read somewhere that may be bad for my karma though :eek:   )

Offline cpxxx

• Gold Member
« Reply #79 on: June 23, 2003, 08:56:33 PM »
I'm a killstealer, usually it's a furball. I'm towing a line of spits and La7's getting in each other's way trying to kill me. I fly through where the action is thickest shooting at any red icon who crosses my path. Then I see a Corsair going vertical (the fool) right in front of me so I shoot, seeing strikes and flash past noticing he has no tail, uh oh :( . I get the kill but even the victim has a whine at me on Ch 1. Well sooooooooorrrrrrry:rolleyes: So shoot me!

That's what happens in the heat of the hunt.  Maybe it's my video settings but usually by the time I get close enough to see the details it's too late. I can't read icons either until close. Unless he's on fire, you can't always tell.
Nine times out of ten that is what happens. You do see the real kill stealers attacking a spinning or burning aircraft. But it's only a game.

It used to happen in real combat flying all the time to the frustration of fighter pilots. Everyone would shoot at a bomber or whatever and all would claim the kill. Shared kills were common.

Offline devious

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.jg301-wildesau.de
« Reply #80 on: June 23, 2003, 09:39:30 PM »
Kill stealing - I try not to, I don`t care much if someone got "my" kill.

Idiots that will get into my line of fire when I`m in a deadly position suck.

I`m not talking about accidentally crossing a snapshot from my Mausers. It`s about the guys that will overtake into my tracers.

Ok, you shoot him dead in front of my guns - no problem. But please, get the f**k out of my LOF if you`re the 3rd one to appear to party. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: June 23, 2003, 09:41:39 PM »
Originally posted by devious
Ok, you shoot him dead in front of my guns - no problem. But please, get the f**k out of my LOF if you`re the 3rd one to appear to party.

Kill faster.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #82 on: June 23, 2003, 10:05:22 PM »
Originally posted by Mathman
I thought the point of this game was to turn the enemy planes into confetti and everything that moves a situation towards that end is legit.  Well, if not for the game and those that think their **** don't stink, then it is by my standards.  If someone steals my kills, fine.  Why should I care?  I get my share.  I think many in this thread get their share of kills as well even without the stolen ones.  These self-professed experts always make me laugh.  IT IS A GAME PEOPLE.  It is meant to be enjoyed.  Why on earth they worry about a few kills here and there being stolen escapes me.

Not to go off topic...aw, screw you guys, I'm going off topic..

Mathman, I would really appreciate it if you have a free 30 mins. to meet me in the TA or DA so I can see what you do in that F6F.

After reading your pages, I think I've learned all I can about my plane of choice, and I'd like to watch you work and see if I can pick up a tip or 2. I've asked around about who can teach me more about the Hellcat, and the answer is always the same..."Mathman".

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: June 23, 2003, 10:27:29 PM »
Originally posted by Steve
Creamo You talk about autofellatio a bit much. As a heterosexual, it makes me uncomfortable. In the future, if you want to blow yourself, or talk about others doing so, leave me out ok?  Your phallic fixation is your business, but not my cup of tea.

READ- OWNED.

You'll get over it.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: June 23, 2003, 10:36:18 PM »
Creamo, where can I get a pair of rose colored, reality altering glasses?  I suppose they double as protective eyewear for you, for the times when you miss a shot and get jizz shooting at your eyes.

Offline mia389

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #85 on: June 23, 2003, 10:37:57 PM »
Steve I agree with you and I dont think it will ever change. After the first merge sometimes guys meet nose to nose or a HO I try to avoid and other will shoot me down alot. I say to myself I should have poked my nose at him and shot as well. These HOs are diff. then the typical HOs that happen at first merge. I have many films of guys going for the HO but miss and others get me while I try going under or breaking and that really pisses me off. Ive come to the conclusion sometimes its HO or be HOed. Ive had a few pilots Ive fought that they dont take the shot so I wont either in respect, since they didnt. These pilots value life as much I do I guess and I love meeting these guys one on ones. The it takes 2 to HO is true on the first merge in my opion but after that first merge its HO or be HOed from what I found out. Not evertime I fight I run into this but usally at least once a night. My rule is if my nose got around first I fire and if its a tie I wait for him to fire first then Ill fire and usally die and squeak on channel 1 about him being a HO dweeb lol.

Perk the 51 and La7!!!! :D

Offline mia389

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #86 on: June 23, 2003, 10:39:50 PM »
As far as coming down on a enemy with alt and he pokes his nose up to HO me, that dont bother me because I could have pulled up and I would do same thing if in his sitution. But coming down on a guy its easier for me to kill him then him to kill me in a HO sitution from what Ive experienced

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: June 23, 2003, 11:15:12 PM »
Ok, you wont get over it.

If you want to be as effective as Drex Steve, just don't post.

It's the diffrence between being good, and being a goofed on punk.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: June 24, 2003, 12:17:12 AM »
Creamo, at least as far as AH goes, you wouldn't know what being good is, having never experienced it first hand.  Now, take your unhappiness at never really being any good at this game and move along.  Your dissatisfaction about your own shortcomings in the game become somewhat evident by the way your rail against those who express their feelings about the success of others.  
Like any sport or game, most people enjoy AH more when they "win" with some sort of regularity. Not everyone is like this and hopefully, you're an exception to this rule, otherwise you must be unhappy about this game indeed, having rarely had any real success in it.
The fact is, Drex and Levi have had success in the game and, to a certain degree, so have I. Having improved at the game and garnering some success makes it all the more enjoyable for me.
Like I said, I MAY be effective like Drex and Todd, it's for others to decide, not me.  As I stated, I do not consider myself to be in their company as far as skill in the game, but it was sure nice to be mentioned along with them.
I can only assume your assinine remarks stem for jealousy over the fact that you will never be any good at AH.  Kind of silly really, unless your failure to become an experten here reflects your life as a whole.  If this is the case, your behavior is truly understandable, being an overall failure would make just about anyone bitter and petty..  If this isn't the case;  let it go, it's just a game.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: June 24, 2003, 12:28:53 AM »
I hear ya mia... although if I was in a big ol' p38 w/ those nose guns, I might not refuse an HO from a guy that really wanted one.

:)

Murdr brings up a good point though: those that rely on that HO are easy kills.  Still it's more exciting, win or lose to get in a fight that's intense enough to leave your hands sweating.  There is a nice list of folks I run into that hand me my arse, but it's always more exciting than the easy kill.  I used to run into Mathman a lot when I was a bish, I would consider it a moral victory if I lived long enough to tangle, then disengage from him, tail tucked but more educated.
Shane. Lazerus,  and Drex have all schooled me recently. after the fights I just sort of sat at my computer, duly impressed. Haven't run into Todd lately, just means I have a couple less deaths.
Anyway, it's nice to know that there are still some real talented sticks out there... ya just need to be lucky(unlucky) enough to run into them