Author Topic: What is it with all the no-skill killstealers lately?  (Read 2627 times)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
What is it with all the no-skill killstealers lately?
« on: June 22, 2003, 12:54:06 AM »
Why are there so many killstealers lately?  Normally I don't suffer very many kill stealings, but lately its been rampant?

What makes somebody do such a scummy thing?  Its not like they actually earned the kill or demonstrated any skill?  Why do it?

It sucks and there needs to be some way of stopping it.

"Ooh.  I'm so manly!!!  I just blasted a helpless, spinning wreck!!!  I'm 1337!!!!"

:rolleyes:

I'm sick of that crap.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2003, 12:57:34 AM »
It's all part of the no-skill, never actually fight, running away crowd of late. You see the spinning wingless enemy plane is a very incviting target to them as it poses nearly no threat and so can be attacked agressivley. Enjoy!

Offline Drex

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2003, 01:27:03 AM »
My personal rules.

1.  Must kill the bandit my friends think they have.
2.  Do not shoot at totally disabled planes.
3.  Do shoot his chute.

Very easy rules.

Drex

Offline BNM

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.christian3x3.com/
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2003, 02:36:08 AM »
Understand Karnak. Seems to be on the rise. Had several 'stolen' in the past couple of days. Even had dweebs fly in front of my guns from below with me 200-300 behind enemy, fire and bang KS'd. Nothing we can do but try to "educate nicely" the noobs on the country channel when we see it. Altho I must admit to not being too cordial :) when it comes to KS. I've died to it 3 times in the last 3 days, I've only died to it 3 times before that period since I started flyin AH in March 02. :rolleyes:

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2003, 02:36:42 AM »
Maybe it could be programmed so that once an aircraft was definately dead it's icon disappeared and the kill was awarded.

By definately dead I mean something like a whole wing missing, the whole tail missing, the verticle stablizer missing or the horizontal stablizer missing.

Missing half a wing, both aelirons, both elevators, on fire or all engines would not count as aircraft in those conditions could conceivably fly home (at least to allow a bail out over friendly territory) or still be a threat to somebody by diving for speed.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline BNM

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.christian3x3.com/
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2003, 02:40:33 AM »
Would be nice but then I'd just get pissed about having to spend more ammo to blow it away instead of a little to cut 1 wing in 1/2. ;)

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2003, 04:16:28 AM »
Ive learned to just vox ie"spit dead" anytime anyone else is in.  Then squeak up a storm to anyone who continues shooting (and then get a mixture of crap and agreement on local and country lol).  Only had 2 blatently stolen this tour, and I didnt happen to call it dead those times either (like the missing wing, smoke and fire wasnt obvious enough.)

Maybe it could be programmed so that once an aircraft was definately dead it's icon disappeared and the kill was awarded. By definately dead I mean something like a whole wing missing, the whole tail missing, the verticle stablizer missing or the horizontal stablizer missing. Missing half a wing, both aelirons, both elevators, on fire or all engines would not count as aircraft in those conditions could conceivably fly home (at least to allow a bail out over friendly territory) or still be a threat to somebody by diving for speed.

That would be nice if a whole wing or whole tail missing would just register as a kill.  Note: (Purely by luck I have ditched twice w/o vertical stabilizer.  Was like a sheet of paper floating to the ground)
It can be very frustrating.  I still get ticked thinking back in tour twentysomthing when I shot the wing off an f6 1v1 at 15K to watch a so called vet steal the tumbling wreck at 1K.

Offline devious

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.jg301-wildesau.de
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2003, 06:28:59 AM »
- was in this massive furball on Pizza. Saddle up to an F4U and begin to snipe parts off it with my A6M. There goes his aileron - and tracers pass all around my canopy !!!

I break, 150m from the target. The guy firing is a friendly Hellcat, 1.0 behind the nme Corsair. WTFG !

- BigIsles: I finally out-E the spit and go after it`s tail. At D300, i let loose with both Mausers and the 13mm. Solid hits, Spit disintegrates.

Countrymate sweeps in from below my nose, killshootered.

- Vulching a La7 in the process of taking off from behind. Fire a long aimed burst of 12.7mm . Countrymate dives over me, pushes down, eats my lead and augers on the rwy.

Aggravating.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2003, 07:26:53 AM »
The Main is as the Main does.   But, manipulating the icon may be a good idea; I think in WarBirds they turned white when the plane was going down?

I don't fly as much as I used to, but the last few nights in the MA I have noticed much more dweebish behavior than I ever noticed before.   The other night I watched LA-7s screaming in to attack an airfield I was capping, boring in on a fighter hangar, guns blazing, and smashed right into the structure.    Several LAs did this in a row.   It was almost fascinating to watch after the first one.   This apparently is someone's idea of fun in an online flight sim.   Whaddaya gonna do?

Offline mia389

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2003, 10:05:31 AM »
Fly alone and it wont happen. I fly alone alot and never have the problem. Getting ganged or losing my advantages I gotta work on though

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2003, 11:13:29 AM »
Equally annoying is to see a 109 with a conga line of five or six planes 2.4 away from me. I've looked down... thought the guy was sufficiently handled and turned away to look for less popular targets and then hear the POP POP POP as the 109 fires on me.

I don't shoot at broken planes, but I will pop a plane that is beaten but not dead yet.

...and shooting chutes? Well, that's only fun if I hear about it on Channel 1. :)
sand

Offline Rutilant

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2003, 11:16:05 AM »
Ju88s can fly rather well without verticle(SP?) stab.. imagining most twin-engines adn above can fly relatively smoothly level without em

Offline bockko

• Nickel Member
      • http://groups.yahoo.com/group/blackoutboys/
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2003, 12:02:05 PM »
i would assume the kill stealers are new to the game and can't differtiate between live planes and dying ones. Hate to think their skill state is permanently low and they have to resort to shooting up carcasses!

Offline MwXX

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2003, 12:20:35 PM »
TW9

KILL STEALER!~@!#%$@!%!@%!@%:D

lol

:D

Offline SixxGunn

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2003, 12:54:53 PM »
Oh and lets not forget the 10 or 15 "Check 6" calls you get when saddled up from friendlies following you in hopes you will pull out and he can slide in and there's not another red icon in visual range.