Author Topic: How many of you use padlock now that we have it?  (Read 1205 times)

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
How many of you use padlock now that we have it?
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2003, 06:23:08 PM »
liked padlock in falcon 3.0 and it helped in EAW

not used it since

too disorienting

SKurj

Offline Zipper9

• Zinc Member
Padlock
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2003, 04:10:56 AM »
As i came from FA where padlock is very good i use padlock all the time here with a lot of success. The combination of the hat and padlock is a killer.

Cheers

Offline _Schadenfreude_

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Re: Padlock
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2003, 04:36:02 AM »
Originally posted by Zipper9
As i came from FA where padlock is very good i use padlock all the time here with a lot of success. The combination of the hat and padlock is a killer.

Cheers

Hi Zipper - am also from FA - GMT time zone let me know if you want to wing up anytime.

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
Re: Padlock
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2003, 04:24:43 PM »
Originally posted by Zipper9

Cheers

While I agree that FA had/has a padlock system it is very far from being very good in my judgement. To me a padlock system should not track an aircraft that stays behind and below you in your blind spot, through the brightest portion of the sun or the padlock can track you through clouds or behind terrain features. That is why I think AH has a good one and so does IL-2/IL-2:FB. If the enemy gets under your nose or you start pulling to many G's and blacking out then you loose padlock. Not so in FA3.6 (played it some last night after my 6 year old got through playing).

Beegerite; You are quite right that someone like me who has never flown an aircraft with a prop (got to ride in the backseat of an F-16 2-seater once here in Alabama) should not be talking about Flight Models but I do think that when you are developing a game you should at least start out trying to make it as hard as possible.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"