Author Topic: Where Fur and Strat Collide...  (Read 8969 times)

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
Where Fur and Strat Collide...
« Reply #390 on: July 09, 2003, 10:28:48 AM »
I'm involved in self-promotion?

Forgive me.

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #391 on: July 09, 2003, 10:46:03 AM »
Of course. You made your self all important with the rest of the "I pay" tards.

I pay HTC to PLAY....not to work. Personally I have too much on my plate as it is.

Like I said above....if it begins to suck really bad, I'll find something else to do.

Just say when the rest of the MA players should grieve for you , RAM.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2003, 10:48:23 AM by Creamo »

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #392 on: July 09, 2003, 10:57:26 AM »
Just up and fly. It's really as fun as hovering over the bbs.

This is good....from a guy with 10 sorties this tour I get lectured.

Tell me how you really feel Creamo....try being direct...it saves time.

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #393 on: July 09, 2003, 12:02:03 PM »
Skuzzy, can you distinguish "Gameplay/Feedback Issues" from the "AH General Discussion" or what?

Take away the soap box already, they are checking MY stats even. Good grief.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #394 on: July 09, 2003, 12:29:51 PM »
Skuzzy, can you distinguish "Gameplay/Feedback Issues" from the "AH General Discussion" or what?

I'm sorry Creamo, but this post doesn't really belong in "Aces High General Discussion".

Specific requests to the web admin should be directed via private mail to support@hitechcreations.com.

Thank you.

Wab:cool:
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
« Reply #395 on: July 09, 2003, 12:35:16 PM »
Originally posted by Creamo
Just up and fly. It's really as fun as hovering over the bbs.

Does Skuzzy moderate the boards? Yup.

And ignore these constant Gameplay ideas that punt on the hour in the General Forum?

Yes.

If it was my job, I would  remove the stage these guys obviously need to promote themselves, and move it to the Gameplay forum.

Well put..

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #396 on: July 09, 2003, 12:58:10 PM »
Has any thread ever broken 400 before?
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #397 on: July 09, 2003, 01:05:00 PM »
The all time record is some thread called "Who are you" which topped out at 687.

No substance. No Flaming. Just huggy kissy type stuff.

This little war is #2 in replies of all time.

Do I get some sort of Troll award for this?

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #398 on: July 09, 2003, 01:20:24 PM »
After flying last night I couldn't sleep so I started catching up on this post and fell right asleep.

The bottom line is undisputable - The country with the numbers is going to roll.

The country that is getting double teamed, usually the knights, has no chance in hell to do anything, much less defend.  This means taking up the best fighter for a 3 on 1 or greater engagement.

I would love to see a furball area like Tank town.  It would be nice to be able to go furball when numerically challenged.  The DA is just that, for Dueling - it is not furball conducive.  The CT just plain sucks because of the lack of people to shoot down.  A furball arena, at least that would be a start.  Yes it would be better in the MA but it's a start.

This game does get extremely boring, waiting for high alt JABOs to dive on field, hopefully survive their first drop, then wait for them to burn enough E so that you can catch them only to have to fight for the kill with the other salivating countrymen.  Then do this all over again.  zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Then there is the other side - Find a base close enough to climb ten minutes to intercept the high alt raid and maybe get a little dog fight while you chase the JABO guy to the deck he drops his ord you kill him and have to climb another 10 mins for the next one.  Wake me when I get there.

The hardest part of this game is the patience.  It really is like real life in that regard - Hours of boredom broken up by minutes or seconds of heart racing action.  That is fine when you have a lot of time to kill.

JABO is fun and you can always find some strat to kill no matter what any time anywhere.  For the Fighter Joc, as you get better and better this game gets more boring and boring, since there is no where to furball, unless you get lucky and one appears.  But they are so fleeting, because as one country gets the advantage they almost always start vulching and good bye furball.

All in all, with a game this good they are missing a big piece of game play and it is too bad.  I dont have much hope for AH2 to fill the void either.

mars01 [M.A.W.] Blacksheep - XO

crap I just put myself to sleep again, proofing my post.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #399 on: July 09, 2003, 01:46:45 PM »
It would be nice to be able to go furball when numerically challenged.

I'm curious as to why, if the numbers are skewed and your team is getting gang banged, why you would think it would be different at the fighter town?  Why wouldn't the numerical imbalence just carry over?

My guess is that you'd still be getting gang banged just as much.  Just by slower planes.

Wab
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #400 on: July 09, 2003, 03:24:37 PM »
Originally posted by muckmaw
The all time record is some thread called "Who are you" which topped out at 687.

No substance. No Flaming. Just huggy kissy type stuff.

This little war is #2 in replies of all time.

Do I get some sort of Troll award for this?

Call Creamo or WT...they might pay ya to end it somehow:)

Offline BGBMAW

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #401 on: July 09, 2003, 04:42:33 PM »
imyself  can stop any country from steamrolling...KILL the ****ng Barraks...how easy is that??? 1 man can stop it...easliy...we just have alot of...monkys flying

any ways..Luzs..u hunk o crap..where is your ..4 MAWs only worth a dam??...You punk hick in Dixon.....lolol run and hide when you spew ur diahrea

List it or Apologize..eitherr  way you are going to be wrong..

So i hope everybase u lift from is porked....:p

If anyone wants to hunt Luz and pork his base feel free to ask me over Chnl1...

Love
BiGB
xoxo

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #402 on: July 09, 2003, 05:03:16 PM »
Originally posted by AKWabbit

I'm curious as to why, if the numbers are skewed and your team is getting gang banged, why you would think it would be different at the fighter town? Why wouldn't the numerical imbalence just carry over?

In MA, when numerically challenged it is predominantly high alt cherry pickers and jabos attacking.

Never a low alt knife fight.  I guess I would be hoping that furball alley would be more people inclined to knife fight rather than cherry pick.

mars

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #403 on: July 09, 2003, 05:22:26 PM »
I guess I would be hoping that furball alley would be more people inclined to knife fight rather than cherry pick.

I'm not sure about what logic you're basing that on.

I don't see any mechanism by which unbalenced numbers in the MA would magically balence themselves in the furball area unless its forced somehow by code.

If you're out numbered 3 vs 1 in the arena in general I can almost guaruntee you it will be the same in the fighter area.

Of course thats just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Wab

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #404 on: July 09, 2003, 05:46:32 PM »
your not getting it Wabbit,

Dude, are you just looking for some one to argue with?  Pick some one else.

Logic?  "I'm guessing and Hoping", were the words used, what the hell does it have to do with logic.

I could care less about the numbers in a furball, its the kind of fight, I love a low alt, out numbered furball, twisting turning and shooting.  I love having more to kill than to fight for kills with.

Again - That is what I'm GUESSING and HOPING it would  be.

The numbers only factor into it due to the boring steam roller that exists now.  High alt JABOs and Cherry Pickers.  There is no where to knife fight bottom line.