Author Topic: Guilty of murder  (Read 908 times)

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
Guilty of murder
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2003, 08:51:50 AM »
Originally posted by 10Bears
LOL...

Somebody should dig up Airhead's old post..

Heh, we did, in the other thread devoted to this topic :)

-Sik
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Guilty of murder
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2003, 08:53:26 AM »
I covered this yesterday in my thread Thump! Crash! "Hey, get off my car!".  I think this is one pretty hilarious post that took a lot of imagination to develop.  And its pretty close to some closing arguments I've heard.

Here's the quote folks were asking about:

Submitted to the Clerk of Court by Mr. Elfenwolf, counsel for the Defendant, in the matter of State vs Mallard:

I have resisted posting further on this subject because the Homeless Problem in America is such an emotionally charged issue, but since you brought it up I will share with you the probable scenario of this terrible, unfortunate accident....

Chante is parked at a red light, still marginally buzzed from 48 hours of doing Estacy and drinking 40s with her new lover. It's late at night, dark, and Ms. Mallard is half asleep.

Suddenly a filthy dirty rag clutched by an equally filthy dirty hand is rubbed across her windshield. The hand belongs to Greg Biggs, a local drug addict, alcoholic and homeless man. Mr. Biggs begins demanding money for "cleaning" her windshield, but all he managed to do was spread only God knows what kind of filth on the windshield of Ms. Mallard's car.

Mr. Biggs stands in front of Chante's car, screaming obsenities and demanding money, but Chante can't see Mr. Biggs because he has spread only God knows what on her windshield.

Chante, scared out of her wits yet still trying to be polite, beeps her horn twice and proceeds to drive slowly through the intersection as the light turns green. She feels a hard BANG on her hood, which I believe to be Mr. Biggs' bottle of Mad Dog 40-40, she panics, floors the accelerator and the next thing you she's face to face with Mr. Biggs.

Can any of you possibly imagine how foul Mister Biggs' breath had to be as his face was suddenly inches from hers after he smashed it through her windshield? Can you imagine the terror Ms. Mallard must have gone through on the rest of her ride home? And Mister Biggs suddenly starts demanding Medical Attention in addition to the two dollars for cleaning her windshield that he just smashed out with his face!

Thank God Chante was able to drive home safely with this raving mad man breathing his foul breath on her, his nose just inches from hers, making demands and threatining legal action against her.

Being buzzed from the Estacy and the marathon 48 hour sex session with a new lover, being light headed from the stench of Mr. Biggs' foul breath and emotionally in shock from this entire incident, Ms. Mallard passes out and sleeps for two days. She wakes up, rushes to her garage to a barely alive Mister Biggs and, realizing it is too late to save the dying man, she clutches his hand, sheds a tear and says "I'm sorry" as Mister Biggs expires. (lowers eyes, shakes head sadly at the expiration of Mr. Biggs)

Now let's talk about the character of Chante Mallard. Her friends would commit crimes and risk imprisonment for her or maybe even KILL for her, they love her so much. As Milnko said, I wish I had friends willing to go to the mat for me like Chante has. Greg Biggs? Hell, even his family didn't know where he was and there is no evidence anyone even cared.

Occupation? Chante Miller has dedicated her life to nursing, which is as noble a profession as a young lady could choose. She has made the choice to help people, whereas Greg Biggs has dedicated his life to being a burden on society as a homeless derelect armed with a greasy windshield rag.

Future? Chante Mallard has a bright future. She has loyal friends, a great career helping others and is a bright shining star other young women should emulate. Greg Mallard? He was a bum. We don't even know if he died from the terrible unfortunate accident he was responsible for or rather he died as a result of his drug and alcoholic lifestyle. He was 39 years old, and most derelicts die by 40, so what difference would a year or two make to a man like Greg Biggs given the fact he'd spend it drunk or on drugs anyway?

Chante Mallard has suffered enough. Her life, along with her car, will never be the same. Ms. Mallard is the true victim here, and I think the reason so many of you are so up in arms over this is because you are racist against African Americans.

Please, let's not try another African American in a high-profile racist attack by the Press. Let's wait for the jury to decide her guilt or innocence before we convict her. Let's not make the same mistake we made with O.J. Simpson and convict an innocent African American in the press instead of in the courthouse. Let's not ruin Chante Mallard's life- we owe OJ that much at least.

Elfenwolf for the Defense

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Guilty of murder
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2003, 09:07:19 AM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
"but I feel sorry for her too."

No way! She just let the man die in her locked garage over a two day period as he begged for help. She should have been given the death penalty IMO...

The guy died within 1-2 hours and was dumped in the park about 6 hours after she hit him on that same day according to the prosecuters. And the guy wasnt begging or speaking in any way.

What she did was no worse than what other hit and run drivers have done in the past.........take Ted Kennedy for example.

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
Guilty of murder
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2003, 09:12:36 AM »
Originally posted by NUKE
What she did was no worse than what other hit and run drivers have done in the past.........take Ted Kennedy for example.

Lol, that reminds me of something from Parliament of potatos  where PJ is recounting the night of the 1988 Democratic convention when Ted Kennedy was giving his 'where was George" speech. The reply from one of the Goppers in the room was "Well he certainly wasn't out drowning campaign volunteers...'

-Sik
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
Guilty of murder
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2003, 10:38:32 AM »
Nuke, do you read the news at all?

http://www.thenewmexicochannel.com/news/1291016/detail.html

FORT WORTH, Texas -- A man who was the victim of a hit-and-run lived at least two days trapped in the driver's broken windshield before dying in the driver's garage in Fort Worth, Texas, police said.

Police told the Telegram that Gregory Biggs spent at least two days trapped in the broken windshield of the car that hit him. They said the woman who was driving the car, Chante Mallard, drove it home and kept it in the garage -- and heard Biggs begging for help before he finally died of blood loss and shock.

The story is the same wherever you read it:
http://dailybeacon.utk.edu/article.php/5648
http://www.google.com/url?sa=U&start=11&q=http://www.reporter-news.com/abil/nw_state/article/0,1874,ABIL_7974_2062451,00.html&e=747

So Nuke, where did you get this 'He died within two hours and never said anything' nonsense?
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline Arfann

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Guilty of murder
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2003, 11:06:02 AM »

If Ted had been driving a VW bug he would eventually have been elected president.

Offline Syzygyone

• Silver Member
Guilty of murder
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2003, 11:07:56 AM »
Originally posted by Chairboy
Nuke, do you read the news at all?

So Nuke, where did you get this 'He died within two hours and never said anything' nonsense?

With every one of his posts, in this and all other threas, it is more and more reinforeced and proven that Nuke lives in his own world, complete with factual news from the New York TImes!

:rolleyes:

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Guilty of murder
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2003, 11:26:28 AM »
Originally posted by Syzygyone
With every one of his posts, in this and all other threas, it is more and more reinforeced and proven that Nuke lives in his own world, complete with factual news from the New York TImes!

:rolleyes:

Actually took the time to read the link in the first post, where the prosecuters said he probably died within 2 hours. It also mentions that the victem was moaning.

Just read the link , jack arses

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Guilty of murder
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2003, 11:33:55 AM »
So Nuke, where did you get this 'He died within two hours and never said anything' nonsense? [/B]

I got it here, and it's reported from the ACTUAL TRAIL.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=3&u=/ap/20030626/ap_on_re_us/windshield_death_75

Prosecution witnesses said Biggs probably lived for two hours, may have been moaning and gasping, and could have survived with medical treatment.

The defense acknowledged that Biggs lived for an hour or two, but said calling for medical help would have not made a difference.

Jackson testified that Mallard took him to her garage about six hours after she hit Biggs. He said he removed Biggs' body that night and, with the help of his cousin, Herbert Tyrone Cleveland, dumped it in the park.

I guess you'd rather believe initial reports over  what was learned at the trial.

Syz and Chairboy, care to elaborate?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2003, 11:44:59 AM by NUKE »

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
Guilty of murder
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2003, 11:54:00 AM »
I guess the fact that the lady herself said he was alive and begging for help in her garage for two days doesn't mean anything.
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Guilty of murder
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2003, 11:56:58 AM »
Originally posted by Chairboy
I guess the fact that the lady herself said he was alive and begging for help in her garage for two days doesn't mean anything.

Where is she quoted as saying that? Is it just second hand or do you know for a fact that she said that?

Seems if she said that, it could have been used in the trial, wouldnt you think?

And I guess the fact that the poeple that dumped the body said they dumped it that same night means nothing, huh?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2003, 11:59:20 AM by NUKE »

Offline Syzygyone

• Silver Member
Guilty of murder
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2003, 12:03:23 PM »

Syz and Chairboy, care to elaborate?

Sure, I'd be happy to elaborate for ya!

First, if you think what comes out at trial, from the mouths of lawyers are true facts, you really do live in la la land.  First thing the judges tell the jury is that what the lawyers say isn't evidence and should not be considered as such.

Second, if you believe something stated by a witness means it's a fact, then you really do live in la la land.  I guess you don't know that witnesses are often mistaken, or (gasp) even lie.

Third, if you think you can trust anything other than the official trial transcript about what is said in a trial, you really do live in la la land.  I can't count the number of misquotes I've been involed with in all sorts of news media.  Come to think of it, I've spent some signficant time correcting erroneous trial transcripts as well.

Fact is that nobody knows how long he lived.  It's just conjecture.  Period.  That's why lawyers say things like "probably" and "may have" and "or so".  There's lots of competeing evidence.  One doctor said blood splatters and hand prints on the door pocket indicated the guy was conscious enough to try to pull himself out.  Another doctor said he never regained consciousness.  

Who know?  I sure don't.  But I do know that I can see absolutley nothing at all in that women's behavior to justify any feelings of sorrow for her.

There, do you feel better now?

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Guilty of murder
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2003, 12:09:37 PM »
Originally posted by Syzygyone
Sure, I'd be happy to elaborate for ya!

First, if you think what comes out at trial, from the mouths of lawyers are true facts, you really do live in la la land.  First thing the judges tell the jury is that what the lawyers say isn't evidence and should not be considered as such.

Second, if you believe something stated by a witness means it's a fact, then you really do live in la la land.  I guess you don't know that witnesses are often mistaken, or (gasp) even lie.

Third, if you think you can trust anything other than the official trial transcript about what is said in a trial, you really do live in la la land.  I can't count the number of misquotes I've been involed with in all sorts of news media.  Come to think of it, I've spent some signficant time correcting erroneous trial transcripts as well.

Fact is that nobody knows how long he lived.  It's just conjecture.  Period.  That's why lawyers say things like "probably" and "may have" and "or so".  There's lots of competeing evidence.  One doctor said blood splatters and hand prints on the door pocket indicated the guy was conscious enough to try to pull himself out.  Another doctor said he never regained consciousness.  

Who know?  I sure don't.  But I do know that I can see absolutley nothing at all in that women's behavior to justify any feelings of sorrow for her.

There, do you feel better now?

actually I do. You try to tell me Im a moron ( more or less) and that I "live in my own  world" get my news from the Times, yet in doing so you are implying that what you have heard before about the case was the "correct" version. At least I took the time to read the latest on the information. You belittled me  based on what then?

I never said I regarded anything a witness said as fact.

You just had to rip on me in your first post ( for what reason, I dont know), when actually what I posted was probably more reliable than what was reported second hand when this incident happened.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2003, 12:12:28 PM by NUKE »

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
Guilty of murder
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2003, 12:40:54 PM »
Tell me Nuke, why you think the lady would think that telling the jury and the court that she left the guy in her garage for two days and that he begged for help repeatedly would help her case?

That's what she described right after being arrested, and I suspect her lawyer suggested that she might not want to focus on that element of the incident while trying to appeal for mercy.

Geez....   taking her defense argument to heart as reality.  That's silly++;

Offline Syzygyone

• Silver Member
This isn't even sporting
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2003, 12:46:17 PM »
Nuke:

I apologize if I've offended your sense of logic and decorum.  Really, I do.  But, it's really no fun yanking your chain anymore.  You don't want to play the game.  Fine.  I will stop.

;) :D