Author Topic: BiPlanes and Open cockpit's  (Read 1647 times)

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
BiPlanes and Open cockpit's
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2003, 12:03:50 AM »
Some of these planes are actualy prety well armend, the A5M has two 20mm MGFF cannon's, the I-16 also has two 20mm cannon's and packs a very usable bomb load or rocket's, if memory serves the HS 123 caried the same bomb load as the early Stuka Models so ya it would do pret good as well, espichaly within the earler time frame's.

Offline MrWimpy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2003, 02:18:03 AM »
Originally posted by brady
Some of these planes are actualy prety well armend, the A5M has two 20mm MGFF cannon's, the I-16 also has two 20mm cannon's and packs a very usable bomb load or rocket's, if memory serves the HS 123 caried the same bomb load as the early Stuka Models so ya it would do pret good as well, espichaly within the earler time frame's.

If by A5M, you mean the Mitsubishi A5M "Claude" it NEVER carried 20mm cannon.  It's main armament was 2x 7.7mm machine guns.

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2003, 09:03:41 AM »
"it NEVER carried a 20mm gun?

NEVER say NEVER. I have a pic of one with an enclosed cockpit and a 20mm cannon. One of a kind, probably, but ....

Offline _Schadenfreude_

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2003, 09:20:07 AM »
Originally posted by hazed-
i gotta ask why are we the only ones who get excited by these aircraft?

:D

When you think about these aircraft here pictured and described theres several things that makes them desirable;

1) they have rarely if ever been modelled in any online sim or boxed sim for that matter and this means we would have a whole new era of aircraft to match against one another the (1930's types generally but used throughout WW2). we dont know which is the TnB'er or BnZ'er, which would be slowest or fastest.It would be like AH was for me in the early days, an almost total unknown.

2)their armament is so light that fights between them would last a lot longer than the cannon armed aircraft we have now.With these guns you could be caaught cold in a full burst and STILL be able to react and evade before they hit you enough.Furballs would be a dream in these!

3) They just LOOK so good! :D

I really hope HTC consider adding just a few of these open cockpit monoplanes or biplane types.>

ya never know we might get real lucky!

Since most of the late war rides will soon be represented going early war or mid 30's (drool) is the way to go!!

Offline MrWimpy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2003, 11:03:13 AM »
Originally posted by CurtissP-6EHawk
"it NEVER carried a 20mm gun?

NEVER say NEVER. I have a pic of one with an enclosed cockpit and a 20mm cannon. One of a kind, probably, but ....

It NEVER carried one into combat.
 ;)

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2003, 03:33:55 PM »
Yes I just looked it up again, I remembered them being fited (the 20mm) but forgot it was just a test bed model:)

Offline Dr Zhivago

• Nickel Member
« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2003, 03:52:55 PM »
Lavochkin LaGG-3      ;)

Offline btone

• Zinc Member
« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2003, 10:30:58 PM »
You know, I noticed somebody said that alot of these planes were used for training later on, and that made me remember how somewhere I heard that in AH2:Tour of Duty there will be training missions that you must pass before entering combat.  Maybe we need some of these sweet planes that could be used as a armed model for combat or as an unarmed model for basic training.  Of course, I don't know how simple or complex the training will start out.  Myself, I wouldn't mind flying a pt-17 into combat against a me-109 and shooting it down with a .45 pistol  :-) lol.

Well we will see I guess....

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: June 27, 2003, 12:14:52 AM »
Hey That reminded me that HTC did a Stearman for that Pizza Pusher and they use it at airshows or somthing to help get kids hooked on their stufedcrust or somthing, anyway their was an Armed vershion of the Sterman which was sold for export and used in WW2 althought I know little more than that about it, maybe we could get it added since the plane is well already done and all:)