Author Topic: Will there be nights in AH, sorry if this question has been answered before :)  (Read 338 times)

Offline lasse

• Copper Member
      • Lassenet
Will there be nights in AH, or is it gonna be like "all" other sims with 24 hours daylight ?
I shure hope you will include nights, after all it is required with 3D cards, so this should not be a hardware problem.

I cant imagine anything more exiting than me and my squad (The Wild Vikings) sneaking in to enemy country with our black Lancasters, trying to avoid searchlights and flak, finding a hole in the cloud layer just big enough to identify our target, bombs away, and heading for home with all those nightfighters climbing towards us, but not be able to spot us, because it is in the middle of the NIGHT, o`man that would be cool.      

------------------
The Wild Vikings
Commanding Officer
lasse-
You smell that? Do you smell that?
Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that.
I love the smell of napalm in the morning.
The smell, you know that gasoline smell, smelled like victory.

Offline Sascha JG 77

• Zinc Member
He he lasse: Nightfighters (at least the german ones, dunno bout other nations) have radar installed and would find your nice black Lancs in a matter of minutes.  

Yes: Nightfighting would definetly be cool!
(I think I said this a couple of times b4 on this board)

Sascha

Offline indian

• Copper Member
The F4u-2n(?) was a navy night fighter. The P61 was a night fighter. Im sure there is more.

------------------
Tommy (INDIAN) Toon

http://www.geocities.com/~tltoon

Offline Windle

• Copper Member
Yup, The F4U-2 was the original US Navy night fighter   It incorperated Radiation Laborotory's experemental 3cm-wavelength XAIA radar set with an 18-inch paraboloid antenna mounted on the starboard wing. Since were starting with the early aircraft first, I suppose if we do night missions this would place the F4U-2 at the top of the list.  

I think it would be great flying with very little if any visibility at altitude and having to refer to a properly modeled radar scope to find my adversary. I believe this particular radar had 'Stage A' which gave visability out to 3 miles, and 'Stage B' which was the gunsight stage chosen when the bogie was less that 1/2 mile away. I can post further details on this apparatus, its detailed function and use if HTC or anyone else is interested. Would make for some great diversity in the arena.

------------------
Windle
*Future* Aces High VF-17 'Jolly Rogers' 8X

Offline Apeboy

• Zinc Member
Sounds great Windle but who's gonna fly "Washing Machine Charlie"?    

Cya up there
Apeboy

Offline juzz

• Copper Member
      • http://nope.haha.com
Uhh, to put in nightfighting would involve alot of complex stuff - radar, RDF etc...?

Besides the ju88's would massacre the Lancasters like they did for real  

Offline Sascha JG 77

• Zinc Member

Sascha

[This message has been edited by Sascha JG 77 (edited 09-14-1999).]

Grifon

Sascha think you're forgetting 'Mosquitopanik' LW night-fighters decimated by RAF Mossie night-fighters with far superior radar! Also with the RAF's 'Serrate' (airborne radar direction finding) switch on that Kraut radar and you're DEAD, mossies swarm all over you. They even had rear facing RWR! So, no sneaking up on them with your Radar.

If they don't flame your JU88/Bf110/FW190 even He 'Uhu' in the bomber stream they'll nail you on your final approach  

And pray you do get to those Lancs (remember Window) because if they get through, game over, you'll wish you were only being hit by B17s those Cookies ,Tall Boys and Grand Slams really made an impression and don't forget the ol' bouncing one! Tirpitz Kaput! Various V weapon sites Kaput! Especially the awesome destruction of the V3 site in France, A few Dams, the Rhur (not to mention..Shamefully a few 500,000+ german civilians, Koln, Hamburg, Berlin and Dresden..not the UKs finest hour!)

Oh and then try a late war 'Baby Blitz' over the UK in a He177(nice plane wish someone would model it) and re-live what happened to the LW when they tried it!..slaughtered!

Yeah, bring on the Night-Fighting as long as its accuratly modeled , by the way I fly for the LW in WB a lot so I'm only intrested in accuracy.

Grifon

Offline Sascha JG 77

• Zinc Member
He he grifon, I can't wait to be blasted outta the dark, lonely sky over the Kammhuber line. Hmm...on second thought, I guess I'd rather do the killing...  

Schräge Musik, He 219 Uhu, Mossie Nightfighters, man I can't wait to see if it's ever gonna happen...

Sascha JG 77 "Herz As!"

[This message has been edited by Sascha JG 77 (edited 09-14-1999).]

Grifon

Wow Sascha 'jazz music' upward firing cannon! why, why didn't those Brits put ventral ball turrets on the Lancs (original design did, MoD thought it unsporting!)  …all this nightfighting talk is givin me a hard on!

someone has got to do nightfighting, please please!

see you over the Kammhuber line Sascha, watch yer six as your stalking that Lanc, use that radar real carefully, are those contacts really Lancs or Mossies baiting you???  

oh and try not auger-in on that real nervous home approach, he he  

Grifon