Author Topic: idea for a map/setup?  (Read 285 times)

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
idea for a map/setup?
« on: July 04, 2003, 08:43:03 PM »
Heres an unusual snippet of info i found which could be used to make a really unusual set up in the CT.

its in FW190 in combat by peter caygill:
"Although the need for fighter aircraft to defend the homeland was great, the Fw190 was exported in small numbers commencing the sale of 72 Fw190a-3's to Turkey in 1943.These aircraft were supplied in the early lufftwaffe desert camoflage scheme of mottled brown/green.The armament was restricted to two MG17 machine-guns mounted over the engine and two MG-FF cannon in the outer wings.The wing root guns were deleted.
  The Fw190s were used by the 3rd and 5th squadrons of the 5th regiment,Turkish Airforce and were often flown alongside SpitfireV's that had been supplied in 1944.Both types remained in service until at least 1948"

How strange is that eh? and how cool for a fantasy set up.

Turkey declares war on the Allies or Axis powers in 1944.With a  map of turkey and a set of turkish airforce skins we could have the spitV and fw190a5 together on one side and still actually represent an historical airforce!

Could be a fun one to use but i guess its a lot to make skins and a map for.But then again the turkish airforce colours look pretty nice.

P.S. another suprising one is the Me110D-3 of 4./ZG76 which flew for the Iraqi insurgent forces in may 1941 and flew in their colours