Author Topic: Warning for Hitech  (Read 1518 times)

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
Warning for Hitech
« on: July 10, 2003, 04:18:25 AM »
I have noticed many many people getting frustrated and tired of this game.  Seems that many people have cancelled their account already, and many others are considering to do so :(

Anyone have any ideas how to make this game fun again so we don't lose more people? without the need for a huge patch (as of course HTC are working on AH2)
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
Warning for Hitech
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2003, 04:38:15 AM »
An whine has been recorded.

Actually i think HTC has better stats than any on how many that signs up and how many that quits...

Anyone have any ideas how to make this game fun again so we don't lose more people? without the need for a huge patch (as of course HTC are working on AH2)

You could take an break during the summertime and come back winter time and i will ensure you that you will enjoy AH again.

We have seen the numbers drop every summer............
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline mipoikel

• Gold Member
      • http://www.llv32.org
Warning for Hitech
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2003, 04:53:54 AM »
Lately I've seen lots of newbies. ( at least in rook side)
I am a spy!

Offline Ecke-109-

• Copper Member
Warning for Hitech
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2003, 05:04:46 AM »
Maybe a contest for the best mapmakers?
If that isnt too much work besides AH2.

Ecke

PS:
I guess HTC dont care much about frustrated or tired vets.
As long as there are more newbie-subscribtions than cancelling vets, the world is ok for HTC.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2003, 05:11:44 AM by Ecke-109- »

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
Warning for Hitech
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2003, 05:21:29 AM »
Originally posted by Maniac
An whine has been recorded.

Actually i think HTC has better stats than any on how many that signs up and how many that quits...

You could take an break during the summertime and come back winter time and i will ensure you that you will enjoy AH again.

We have seen the numbers drop every summer............

wow, what i do to pee you off?? was a simple question about how we can make AH more interesting before the arrival of AH2, and i wasnt whining.  Did i say i was thinking of quitting? no, am i disappointed about seeing people i like quitting or taking a extended break? yes

go back and re read my original post, seems you misinterpreted it.

And Ecke thats a good idea, i have tried using the map maker once, but failed dismally :) but im sure the introduction of new maps would kickstart some enthusiasm, we need something like the 'frenchy award' but for map makers!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2003, 05:29:24 AM by Furball »
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
Warning for Hitech
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2003, 05:59:07 AM »

Ok, sorry...

Heres my suggestion on how to make AH 1 more fun, take an break during the summer, enjoy the things summer brings with it and then come back after the summer to AH, i can guarantee that you will enjoy AH again after an 1-2 month breake...

Regards.
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline Xjazz

• Gold Member
Warning for Hitech
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2003, 06:46:29 AM »
Many Finnish AH pilots are away during summer time....

"Pekka and  Mikko meet after Finnish summer.
Mikko: How was your summer?
Pekka: I dont remember. I was too drunk both days.."

Offline spiegel

• Copper Member
Warning for Hitech
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2003, 07:33:19 AM »
I canceled my account a while ago becuase i couldnt stand AH anymore.... Im not fully back but i do come on sometimes on a friends account and i enjoy it alot more now  for these simple reason..

1) My connection is better than it used to be

2) I got my glasses now, so i can see what im shooting at

3) Friends tell me i may be going a little insane, So i dont really care what happens anymore....

These 3 reasons are good enough for me..And they help when i do log on Main arena when i get the chance...

just a off note....  I like Cheese

Offline Ecke-109-

• Copper Member
Warning for Hitech
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2003, 08:38:01 AM »
lol  xjazz,

i guess, the finnish drink so much because they need to defense against all that mosquitos.

But by the time they (the mosquitos) got addicted. And now they are sucking more and more. ;)

Ecke

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Warning for Hitech
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2003, 08:52:39 AM »

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Warning for Hitech
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2003, 08:58:30 AM »
Originally posted by Xjazz
Pekka and  Mikko meet after Finnish summer.
Mikko: How was your summer?
Pekka: I dont remember. I was too drunk both days.."

That's hilarious!  The Finns have a very good sense of humor. ;)

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Re: Warning for Hitech
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2003, 09:03:54 AM »
Originally posted by Furball
Anyone have any ideas how to make this game fun again so we don't lose more people?

If you've been flying for awhile and are getting bored, its time to graduate from the "top tier" airplanes: LA-7, Spit IX, N1k2, P-51D, Typhoon, 190D.

Flying the F4U-1, 109G10, FW190A8, P-51B, and FM2 can be fun and challenging.

And when they get boring, you can fly the P40E, Ki-61, C.205, F4F, 109F, 190A(x), and A6M(x) for even greater challenges.  You can also dogfight in an A-20 for kicks.

Offline DoctorYO

• Nickel Member
Warning for Hitech
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2003, 11:08:55 AM »
DoctorYO <---- Currently on his break...

Planetside, MagicTheGathering, Pirates of the Carribean(Sea Dogs 2)

Had some interest to play the other day, when I saw the Frenchy Award.. then I read the fine print, No D11 wtf...  any JUG pilot worth his salt knows the Razorback is the most fun to fly...  archaic and deadly..

Instead we get some Brazilian POS (before you flame out, im joking)

heave fun fellas..

Planetside Calls...

DoctorYO

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
Warning for Hitech
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2003, 11:16:25 AM »
I think HTC has much more detailed information regarding the current state of the player base than we do.

I cant say Im not frustrated too, but come on guys... many of you have been playing this game for years and the first time you dont get what you want when you want it you cry foul?  Wheres the loyalty?

Offline ZENMS

• Zinc Member
      • http://USERS.EV1.NET/~ONLINE
Warning for Hitech
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2003, 11:21:57 AM »
If you really want to develope a good player base, a loyal player base then HiTech should have flown AIr Warrior. Yeah, yeah, you guys we on the War Birds development team, and got smart enough to leave and create AH.

However, what you failed to learn, is how to make a game fun. WB isnt that fun, the graphics still bite.....

AW had the most loyal group of customers (ok pilots for the undeducated ).. sure we would get tikced off at GS, EA, or even AOL and quit... then in a week be right back apologizing to our friends as they ragged our butts.

Fun=kills. PERIOD! Create a "Relaxed Realism" version, as AW had, and let the hardcore pilot wannabe's live for FR as usual. This will get many new clients, and give the ones who are not yet skilled a place to fly, where they can do more than become points for someone else.

You asked I spoke.... I gave Mage lots of input over the years, whether he ever listened to it, who knows... LOL!

But seriously, add a RR version, and by god get the word out... Doesnt HiTech have a marketing person there? I saw one little blip in a game mag, and that's it for AH.