Author Topic: Killed in a Chute  (Read 1353 times)

Offline bfreek

• Copper Member
Killed in a Chute
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2003, 09:03:15 PM »
this has got to be a troll.

Offline Cooley

• Silver Member
Killed in a Chute
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2003, 12:33:13 AM »
When i first arrived here from the game down the hall...

and was shot down in my chute, I got pretty PO'd too
over there we didnt do that.  Flew there 4 years, got popped 2 or 3 times in chute, all by accident

Not gonna offer an opinion if  its good or bad sportmanship, Its Just part of the game here, blow it off

You will notice even the AI ack will shoot ya too :eek:

Though if an enemy chute is sittin on ground near my base,
I will pop him, as he may be providing sit-rep of field to his allies

Had 3 guys crash tryin to shoot my chute just last week,
same sortie :D
« Last Edit: July 24, 2003, 01:02:02 AM by Cooley »
Cooleyof 367th

Offline Sox62

• Silver Member
Killed in a Chute
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2003, 11:04:49 AM »
Always kill chutes...they are trying to sneak explosives into your base.

Why else would they explode when you kill them? :D

Offline Shuckins

• Gold Member
Killed in a Chute
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2003, 11:49:41 AM »
Always shoot the guys that bail over your base and then linger around after hitting the ground...they're probably radioing information to their squaddies...

...All spies should be SHOT!!! :D

Shuckins

Offline Rutilant

• Silver Member
Killed in a Chute
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2003, 12:07:25 PM »
if a chute bails and hides in a small field hangar, leave em, it'll be worth it to watch thier teammate explode from killshooter ;)

Offline BadRad1

• Zinc Member
Killed in a Chute
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2003, 04:04:41 PM »
You got upset because someone shot at, and killed you in a chute???  Heck, You should have THANKED the guy for putting you back in the "Tower" so quickly, so you could re-up faster! You probably bailed at 10k , you would have been in the chute for HOURS !

I "never" :rolleyes: shoot at chutes, all it does is put them back in a plane quicker just to shoot me down !  I just leave 'em hangin'! I do however buzz 'em as CLOSE as I can, just thinking about the poor basstagez pucker factor thinking I'm going to shoot at him.

Ok. Ok.,,,, So I've popped a couple my self ! Soo!!! I bet you have vulched!!!!:eek: :eek: ... oh, I've done that too.... Never mind !

Offline Snork

• Copper Member
Killed in a Chute
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2003, 07:29:34 AM »
Lots of chute shooting went on in RL WW2. Why let him live to come back and kill you or your wingie? Of course here it just gets him back faster.
Flying as Noser

Offline MOSQ

• Silver Member
Killed in a Chute
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2003, 06:22:02 PM »
I just wish HTC would give me a model 1911 .45 acp so I can defend myself from the chute shooting swine !

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Killed in a Chute
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2003, 07:04:07 PM »
I remember when I used to play WB you had a .45 to play with while hanging from a chute.  

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Awulf

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.imagisite.com/mdiplo
Killed in a Chute
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2003, 02:57:51 PM »
What part of "Help and Training" does this thread apply to??? :p

I'm sorry he got blown to bits while in a chute.... ummm ok I'm not... but still why in the world post the whine here?

...this from a guy who has NEVER whined...really I haven't...I would never whine about splashing my fully loaded F4U off the CV...repeatedly...

Offline Bluedog

• Silver Member
Killed in a Chute
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2003, 09:08:53 PM »
Originally posted by Awulf
What part of "Help and Training" does this thread apply to??? :p

...this from a guy who has NEVER whined...really I haven't...I would never whine about splashing my fully loaded F4U off the CV...repeatedly...

Know about the Rollback on CVs?
An extra 70 or so feet of deck makes a big differance in a heavy Hog.
Idea is.....ease throttle on just enough to release park brakes, but not enough to counter forward movement of the ship.
Done the right way, you will find your Hog backing up,just remembr to pull up before the CV rolls right out from under you.

A quick search of this board should come up with several posts on the topic, I even recall seing exact RPM figure to use for differant planes here somewhere.

Good luck, and Happy Hog drivin' :)

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
Killed in a Chute
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2003, 11:24:36 AM »
Ummmmmm chute (smaking lips)

Dude if you wanted a sim that will recreate moments in the skies above, akin to those of WWII.  Well then join this sim.

If you want  a sim that will push your Air Combat Maneuver skills to the limit- Well if there was a furballing arena I'd say join this sim - For the occasional furball, much like the seldom perfect drive off the tee, (crap I still play golf) - Join this sim

If you want a sim where shooting fuel, and porking bases kicks prettythang - Join Warbirds I hear they have an awesome game.   Fine join this sim.

If your panties are in a bunch because your chute was blown away, wait till you realize why your in the chute in the first place that should really make you wine lol.

If the demo has not convinced you this is an awesome Combat Flight Sim, there's little we con do for you.

Good Luck,

We'll I guess I should say a little about chute shooting - It all depends on my appetite for the day and bullet count.  But if the guy flew like a complete running ho wuss then he deserves to die.  Crap I've gotten into some great fights and killed the guys engine, only to let him ditch and barrel roll over him instead filling em full of lead.  (Thats few and far between lolh).   lol 8)

Mars01

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
Killed in a Chute
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2003, 03:34:39 PM »
If you "I got shot in my chute,I HATE YOU ALL!!!" whiners would just use some of that aggresion while you still have a plane and things to shoot with,maybe you wouldnt be hanging in your chute waiting to be shot like the weak-kneed dogs you are!
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Killed in a Chute
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2003, 05:25:46 PM »
The entire purpose of the training arena and the BBS thread is to bestow the basic knowledge required so that you can destroy the enemy plane and then whack the poor bugger in his chute.

Obviously the poor guy never heard the following:

There are only two types of aircraft....fighters and targets....

Guess which you are in a chute:eek:

Ride em in:D

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson