Author Topic: Another Saturday Night Ruined.....  (Read 924 times)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Another Saturday Night Ruined.....
« on: July 12, 2003, 11:41:25 PM »
By darkness.

I understand the mission clock but the honest brutal truth is night time is the equivalent to barracks time.  No flying.

Good night and, sleep tight.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline F4i

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.ghost-squadron.org/main/frame.html
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2003, 03:51:02 AM »
do what everyone else does and turn your gamma setting up during the night time.  

F4i

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2003, 05:39:03 AM »
Originally posted by F4i
do what everyone else does and turn your gamma setting up during the night time.  

F4i

mine is on 1.3 gamma, and my monitor on max brightness ALL THE TIME therefor, dark is...erm BLACK? :(

maybe i should eat some carrots? ;)
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline wulfie

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.twinkies.com/index.asp
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2003, 09:21:53 AM »
(off topic)

Yeager - I don't have your home address available. I didn't forget about your book but I need your address again. Do you have an email address I can contact you at?

Mike/wulfie

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2003, 12:17:07 PM »
Wulfie, you can contact me at: yeager51@worldnet.att.net
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2003, 12:21:29 PM »
Night requires higher SA than normal. Please don't log when it gets dark, we need targets!

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2003, 12:30:01 PM »
night time = hunting time...

lots of folks around that dont see ya if you stay alert and use dar to guide you in

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2003, 01:09:56 PM »
Or just turn off the lights in your computer area. Hopefully you know where your keys/buttons are if not then get some NVG's and fly. :D

Night time is not that big of a deal. Its easy to fly in and you can smack some bombers who time their HQ runs by the game clock. One night (game time) I dropped in on a flight of 9 bombers with two wingmen about three grids off the HQ and brought 7 down with the 8th and 9th hurting bad and eventually crashing.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2003, 01:30:00 PM »
Maybe HT could make night a user option, like tracers on or off.

Then the guys that think flying day VFR fighters at night is cool could do that and the guys that think flying day VFR fighters during the day is cool could do that.

Just a thought.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2003, 01:39:19 PM »
Here is something that perplexes me.  

HT has to know that many if not most "game" the night with contrast/brightness/gamma, but yet it is still here.

In a realistic setting with realistic night fighters/bombers it might be fun.  In the MA it is not.

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2003, 01:57:22 PM »
I dunno, guys. I think its kinda kewl, myself. Doesn't last all that long anyway.

~shrug~

culero (doesn't screw with monitor settings, either)
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2003, 02:22:08 PM »
Won't game the game by playing with my monitor's gamma/brightness.  So for me, night just serves as a handy reminder to log off and do something productive.

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
      • http://bellsouthpwp.net/w/o/wotans/4JG53/
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2003, 02:26:48 PM »
night sux and has always sucked. many who fly at "night" just adjust their setting to mke it "not night".

I was glad ht pulled night the 1st time. Maybe hes listening.

Nigh yime sux.

The ct had done away with night as well. Then suddenly it came back. when I use to care about flying in ah I used to go to the ct until 4 in in a row it was night in the main and the ct. Then I said f'it and mostlyfly il2/fb.

The have night modeled way better they but it still sux. The good thing is theres always some other room to fly in.

http://bellsouthpwp.net/w/o/wotans/Info/spiegler.jpg

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2003, 02:27:02 PM »
Always seems like I work to make 45 minutes in my day to play AH and I log in and... it's night in the MA.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2003, 05:31:36 PM »
Originally posted by Tarmac
Won't game the game by playing with my monitor's gamma/brightness.  So for me, night just serves as a handy reminder to log off and do something productive.

Welp...gaming the game is what the 'creator' does. :) This would lead me to believe that it is what he intended.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2003, 05:40:41 PM by NoBaddy »
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."