Author Topic: Thanks Htc!  (Read 1242 times)

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
Thanks Htc!
« on: July 20, 2003, 02:57:40 AM »
for turning off the bloodyside change time limit. now i can switch to the low numbered country at will and get cheap sheep and 262's
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline BNM

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.christian3x3.com/
Thanks Htc!
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2003, 02:59:05 AM »
Ahh rampant spying will commence now! Move it 007! :eek:

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
Thanks Htc!
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2003, 08:39:46 AM »
This is a common occurence during the con.  They do it every year for the duration of the con.  I expect to see it back on once the con is over.

Offline Manedew

• Silver Member
Thanks Htc!
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2003, 03:37:51 PM »
13 hours is a reallly long time ... hope it stays lower

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Thanks Htc!
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2003, 03:40:41 PM »
Originally posted by sling322
This is a common occurence during the con.  They do it every year for the duration of the con.  I expect to see it back on once the con is over.
Right. Let's hope they put the proper map up while they're at it. Children's maps suck, especially when there are more than 100 people on.

Offline Joc

• Silver Member
Thanks Htc!
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2003, 04:07:20 PM »
Shouldnt be able to change sides AT ALL,pick a country and fly for it,simple,anyone wanting to change should have to contact support.
Joc

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Thanks Htc!
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2003, 04:47:31 PM »
Originally posted by Joc
Shouldnt be able to change sides AT ALL,pick a country and fly for it,simple,anyone wanting to change should have to contact support.

Um.  No, thanks.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
Thanks Htc!
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2003, 05:00:04 PM »
I agree with DMF.

I also think there should be no time limit if you wish to join the side with the lowest numbers.

Offline Gryffin

• Nickel Member
Thanks Htc!
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2003, 07:46:01 PM »
Originally posted by beet1e
Right. Let's hope they put the proper map up while they're at it. Children's maps suck, especially when there are more than 100 people on.

And the big maps suck even more when there are less than 100 people on.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
Thanks Htc!
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2003, 08:17:17 PM »
i agree with furious and dmf.

no time limit for changing to low numbers side
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Mathman

• Silver Member
Thanks Htc!
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2003, 09:25:23 PM »
Originally posted by Joc

I gotta agree with Levi, Fur, and Cit (never thought that would happen at the same time).

"I pledge alliegance,
To a chess piece,
Of the non-united sides of Aces High,
And to the pack mentality,
Of which it represents,
One line of code,
Under the rule of HTC,
Fragmented,
With whining,
And dweebing for all."

Maybe we can all become more patriotic and put flags on our porches of Knights, Bishops or Rooks while we are at it.

Offline BNM

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.christian3x3.com/
Thanks Htc!
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2003, 11:47:02 PM »
Originally posted by Citabria
i agree with furious and dmf.

no time limit for changing to low numbers side

You CAN'T have no time limit. Spying would be full time and the gameplay would be even worse than it is now. It'd be a total cluster****. I'd say 6 hours would be the minimum. Don't know why you guys would want/need perks that bad (I can barely takeoff and have about 3000) but if you do, fly something old and earn them. :)

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
Thanks Htc!
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2003, 12:30:43 AM »
I only say this because I've had way to much to drink.... I .... agre.... with......  FDBs.....

Ouch..... that was uncomfortable even with however much I'be had to drink tonight....

who'd have ever thought I'd agree with an ******* like mathman?

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
Thanks Htc!
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2003, 08:04:49 AM »
Originally posted by BNM
You CAN'T have no time limit. Spying would be full time and the gameplay would be even worse than it is now. It'd be a total cluster****. I'd say 6 hours would be the minimum. Don't know why you guys would want/need perks that bad (I can barely takeoff and have about 3000) but if you do, fly something old and earn them. :)

damn it hes right. I can hardly imagine you guys (some who have been ranked #1 for eons!) struggling to get perks. Side switching sucks unless you are doing it to support a country with low numbers.

How about we make it so the lowest populated country can accept side switchers from the other 2 countries but if you are in the side with the low numbers and switch to say the winning side you are forced to stay there for 13(?) hours.

still theres nothing then to stop a bish from switchig to the losing side and reporting their movements, then once hes happy he has his info swap back to bish. The limit has to be there to stop the fargin dweeb game the game types.

personally i think anyone caught 'gaming the game' in AH2 should have all awards,perks and rank removed instantly. Same as if he was caught disobeying orders in a real airforce.

Gamers can stay in MA , TOD should be for the more serious player looking to play by the rules common sense tells us is right.

Hiding fleets, flying off map, spying , suicidal behaviour etc etc should all be discouraged and punished somehow. Seems to me a nice reduction in perks/rank/awards would do the trick nicely.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Thanks Htc!
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2003, 08:06:46 AM »
spying???  u mean.. someone might spill the beans about the super secret "missun" to level an undefended field and kill all it's outhouses??  oh nooooo!!!   the whole country would lose it's.... it's what?  25 perk points?
lazs