Author Topic: PFC Lynch gets Bronze Star and Hero's welcome..  (Read 3029 times)

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
PFC Lynch gets Bronze Star and Hero's welcome..
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2003, 11:13:26 PM »
I've never met a single person that had the bronze star that felt they earned it.  I've met plenty that criticize any metal any individual receives.

One I respect... the other I don't.

MiniD

Offline Syzygyone

• Silver Member
It is beyond me .....
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2003, 01:14:42 AM »
The rampant utter self important arrogance of those of you who sit in mock judgment of whether of not Private First Class Jessica Lynch deserves a Bronze Star is beyond astounding.  

I'd like to hear from those on this BBS who have seen combat.  I'd like to hear what they think.  It seems to me that when you've been there, been shot at, seen friends and comrades killed, then you have some semblance of wherewithal to discuss the propriety of awarding that medal.  Until then, I think all you monday morning arm chair quarterbacks sitting in your air conditioned houses, playing  make believe war with cartoon airplanes ought to shut the f@ck up!

IMHO!

Offline anonymous

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2003, 01:17:42 AM »
she got whupped on pretty badly while a pow and didnt 'squeak out' as far as anyone knows. the kid has skull and spinal damage that she couldnt have gotten from a vehicle accident. her leg was broke so severely that the iraqi military guy in charge of her was pressuring the iraqi doctor to chop the leg so shed survive transport to a more secure interrogation facil. being as she supposedly walked hands up to her captors she didnt bust the leg in the fight either. she got worked over bad. and there have been bronze stars handed out in the past couple of years for less trying circimstances and some have been awarded bronze star when theres no way in hell it should have been awarded. whatever you do dont bag on her. bag on her oic who ran into the desert at the first sign of danger instead of doing his job. bag on the 'brave & honorable' iraqis who beat the tar out of her. leave the kid alone. she was scared to death and didnt break down. see the photos of her face when they were extracting her? you guys telling me you all know you wouldnt have started crying out of joy that youd been snatched back? i hate to say it but medals can be abused. i know guys that should have had alot of them but didnt get one because they embarrased the higher ups by being real deal warriors when the higher ups and their bellybutton kissers didnt have the guts to follow suit. not all medals are undeserved. id say the majority are deserved. i wouldnt call hers undeserved.

Offline anonymous

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2003, 01:25:36 AM »
some more of the story. the reason the iraqi doc went to tip us off about where she was came from him feeling uncomfortable with the requests to amputate the damaged leg to give her a better chance of surviving transport. he didnt think shed survive transport no matter what they did.

Offline rc51

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2003, 01:32:04 AM »
Well everybody has there opinions.
mine is that women have NO place in the military combat anyway.
But thats another story.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2003, 01:53:29 AM »
Considering I'm not in the Army, it's really none of my business.  As a citizen who was also sitting in my air conditioned apartment during the war, I say good for her.

SOB

PS...Who else would like to see RC51 get his bellybutton handed to him by a female soldier?  ;)
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline anonymous

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2003, 01:58:43 AM »
Originally posted by SOB
Considering I'm not in the Army, it's really none of my business.  As a citizen who was also sitting in my air conditioned apartment during the war, I say good for her.

SOB

PS...Who else would like to see RC51 get his bellybutton handed to him by a female soldier?  ;)

nah he was a soldier i think so he knows its to serious of a job to be treated like an everyone plays sport. she did great. that doesnt mean a rifle platoon thats half men and half women isnt a horrible idea. and youd get no satisfaction rc51 could probably give you a long list of babes who he wants to kick his ass. :)

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2003, 02:31:21 AM »
LOL  :D
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2003, 04:45:33 AM »
The Bronze star was an request from Hollywood, the movie will get so much better with an Bronze star award scene at the end!

I heard the Jessica Lynch movie is due out before the invasion of Iran... Will be fun to see what "really" happened!

:)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2003, 04:57:41 AM by Maniac »
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2003, 05:07:40 AM »
Any soldier that SOB could surely beat up and take their sand clogged weapon from them that wouldn’t fire anyway, regardless, ought to be court-martialed, not given a bronze star. A purple heart? Sure, it fits.

If in this case, maybe not court-martial her, but her commanding officer that let those defenseless embarrassments to the military get in that situation.

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2003, 09:22:38 AM »
:rolleyes:

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2003, 11:08:03 AM »
Originally posted by Hangtime
If thats an offical army document, then dowdings the queen of england.

really.

Go to http://www.army.mil and follow the links in media releases to get to this: http://www.army.mil/features/507thMaintCmpy/AttackOnThe507MaintCmpy.pdf

I guess Dowding needs a new avatar.

The report doesn't say much about Pfc Lynch.  I'm curious to read the text of the citation but haven't been able to find a copy on the net.  

This discussion reminds me of a saying that I read in Ilmari Juutilainen's book "Double Fighter Knight" that goes something like, "In war, medals and bombs always seem to hit the innocent."

Offline Monk

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2003, 11:18:47 AM »
Do a search of past BS winners, then compare.

LOL!! what a freakin joke.

Offline Sox62

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2003, 11:34:09 AM »
The animosity some people have towards her is unreal...I don't recall her having campaigned for a medal or publicity.All she did was survive capture.

If the medal and the publicity is what angers some,then place the blame squarely where it belongs-the media.

NOT Jessica Lynch.

Offline krazyhorse

• Nickel Member
« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2003, 11:41:11 AM »
my opinion , well in ww2 my grandfather was awarded 3 bronze stars, dday , battle of the buldge, and one  that had no listing and this one he wouldnt talk about and took it to his grave. he was also award the good conduct medal(oh and all of our relative are still trying to figure out that one, as he was busted back to   pfc 4 times,  he didn't get the purple heart which he probaly should have  (hand to hand with a german soldier who put a baynet through the roof of grandpa's mouth)   .now to jessica i agree with the purple heart by all means, i do not feel what she did was heroic, but hey that's my OPINION, oh and as far as the etrex in those "documents" **** the army should have got  them a better unit than that.