Author Topic: AH v WB DUEL - SIGN UP HERE  (Read 3453 times)

Offline daddy

• Zinc Member
AH v WB DUEL - SIGN UP HERE
« Reply #120 on: July 29, 2003, 03:09:54 AM »
Congrats to Nash for stepping up and leading the AHers in the upcoming duel.

Sorry for the confusion. We raised the limit to 10 instead of 8...for more folks could play.

Also fwiw, trying to select the top 10 in anything is tough. What I'm trying to do in warbirds, is anyone who wants to participate gets to fly. We 'may' have 5 rounds and getting as many people a chance to fly is a win-win situation.

Oh btw, is Leviathn my old warbirds friend lthn?

furball, don't withdraw...please. One reason I want to do this duel is a chance to meet the folks in AH. And perhaps y'all can meet some of the wbers...and realize we are not the horrid SOBs that the 'lazss' say we are. I've known drex and the gang for going on 8 years, and imho it would be nice to meet other folks besides my x-wb friends.

Cheers
cya soon
Steve

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #121 on: July 29, 2003, 03:26:36 AM »
Why not do an AH vs WB Scenario lite instead.... :)
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #122 on: July 29, 2003, 08:15:20 AM »
Originally posted by daddy
Oh btw, is Leviathn my old warbirds friend lthn?

Nope, I'm an old AW Tardlicker (copyright Yeager).  I went by +Dead, DeadF, or Cilk over there.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #123 on: July 29, 2003, 08:26:11 AM »
Im in.

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #124 on: July 29, 2003, 08:30:28 AM »
Use the other thread now lads, this one's gotton a little full with general rubbish.

Use the Anyone Interested for chat and *offical sign up* for...er....signing up under our new Captain, Nash.

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #125 on: July 29, 2003, 09:27:25 AM »
Originally posted by Nash
I'm in contact with daddy via email and doing everything I can to get this pushed back to the following weekend.

Once we settle that issue I'm going to run a new sign up post. The one we have is kind of muddled. Hard to know who has volunteered and who has been volunteered by someone else. In addition, people signed up before the dates were posted, so we don't know for certain who can actually make the dates (some have since opted out). In short, things are a mess. If we don't get the extra week... well, I just don't know...

That being said, if daddy is good enough to grant this for us, we'll be in good shape. I'm going to ask Skuzzy to get us a forum so we can go over tactics and also use it to schedule in where reserves may be needed. A practice or two would also be a good idea.

Ultimately, I'm not looking for AHers to win in AH and WBers to win in WB, and having this all be a wash. For it to mean anything, we gotta beat them in their own house. ;)

Just a suggestion.....someone needs to take charge. Too much discussion will result in sloppy work....lead or be led...both won't work:)