Author Topic: AH v WB DUEL - SIGN UP HERE  (Read 3520 times)

Offline bigsky

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
AH v WB DUEL - SIGN UP HERE
« Reply #75 on: July 28, 2003, 09:33:35 AM »
well if wbs experience still puts you off the team then count me out. no use giving them something to whine about after the brutal beating there about to get.
"I am moist like bacon"

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #76 on: July 28, 2003, 09:40:21 AM »
To my way of thinking, the FM of old that some of the guys here might have been used to is a *lot* different than the "mushbirds" of today. It's a big difference imho., so unless the AH players in question have a lot of experience with WarbirdsIII (which is unlikely), then it's not going to give them an advantage.

My 2 cents.

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: July 28, 2003, 09:44:22 AM »
Originally posted by Rude
As to tactics, it's a non-issue.....select the correct pilots and tactics are a given. The older experienced pilots have done this type of gig many times before....it's not a big thing. Pilot selection is what it's about.

I would like to withdraw, i'm really not experienced enough for something like this - i haven't been playing AH even remotely near as long as the people mentioned here.  

I was hoping to learn something from the people who were selected; but it seems its changing from a bit of fun, to very competitive.

I will be reserve if you are really short of players (i doubt it) but please make sure you post the films :)
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2003, 09:53:59 AM »
Originally posted by Furball
I was hoping to learn something from the people who were selected; but it seems its changing from a bit of fun, to very competitive.

Nah, stick around, Furball.  The idea is to have fun.  And besides that, I haven't seen any of the people listed state unequivocally that they can make these dates and times anyway.  

What better way to learn than to get down and dirty in a duel like this?  Don't let the competitive vibe get ya down.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: July 28, 2003, 10:58:19 AM »
I agree with Steve on "rotating" the roster to accomodate those who cannot attend every frame.  I'll fly where there's room.

And Todd, right on.  As soon as ya get competitive (eg, score in the MA) the fun factor gets blown away.
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: July 28, 2003, 10:58:35 AM »
Ummmm... Rude? It's 8 v 8; you need to pick two more. I'm used to you turning S when you say West but this mathmatical challenge thing is new. You think it's the vitamins? :)

I could probably think of another dozen that are really good. But I'm not sticking my           into this buzzsaw.

Tactics? Why hash it out here in public so the WB guys can get briefed too? Pick 8 guys and 8 alternates. Let the alternates be the "opposition" and run a few practices. Let the fighters determine their own fighting style.

Now, I'm going to "duck and cover!"
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #81 on: July 28, 2003, 11:04:16 AM »
Originally posted by Toad
Ummmm... Rude? It's 8 v 8; you need to pick two more. I'm used to you turning S when you say West but this mathmatical challenge thing is new. You think it's the vitamins? :)

Yer both wrong. :D

"10 players from each side (suggest we prepare alternates in case of no-shows) " - Daddy (rules on the 1st page of this thread)

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: July 28, 2003, 11:09:30 AM »
That's just the base Toad....two more  to fill it out:)

I'm sorry guys....unlike some of you, the competitive aspect of this is what makes it fun for me....I'm not interested in some PC crap about hey let's all get together and hold hands kinda thingie....AH should kick their arse plain and simple.

And I know this....anyone of the guys I mentioned are not going to view this as some touchy feely kinda thing....their going to want to kick some tail.

This mild mannered, let's all love one another silliness is for the Girlscouts!

It's time to step on their necks!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: July 28, 2003, 11:17:36 AM »
Well Nash, I think the actual 8 v 8 event will require.... ummmm ... maybe 8 players to participate?

Now, how you want to pick your alternates is up to you but I'd think you'd want 8 guys to practice against and since those guys would be "practiced up" I'd think that would be a good group from which to pick the 2 alternates. Just my .02. ;)

BTW, you guys are seeing just a teeny-tiny bit of the "Evil Rude" that he keeps so well hidden that you rarely even hear a "muahahahahahahah!"
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: July 28, 2003, 11:43:10 AM »
Lazs, are you mediocre?  I've heard good things about ya. :)

Well, you're right as far as many of my kills come in a p51 but I've been flying the FM2 and p38 lately... fun planes!!!!
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #85 on: July 28, 2003, 11:54:20 AM »
yep... I'm mediocre... allways was.  I don't  really put much stock in what people say about me... they are just being polite..  I certainly wouldn't collect things said about me and put em on a website... even if I knew how to set up a website.

The advantage to being mediocre is it gives u an advantage in spotting mediocrity as well as in spotting talent.
lazs

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: July 28, 2003, 11:56:35 AM »
Originally posted by Rude
That's just the base Toad....two more  to fill it out:)

I'm sorry guys....unlike some of you, the competitive aspect of this is what makes it fun for me....I'm not interested in some PC crap about hey let's all get together and hold hands kinda thingie....AH should kick their arse plain and simple.

And I know this....anyone of the guys I mentioned are not going to view this as some touchy feely kinda thing....their going to want to kick some tail.

This mild mannered, let's all love one another silliness is for the Girlscouts!

It's time to step on their necks!

I find myself agreeing with Rude more and more lately... ewww!

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: July 28, 2003, 11:59:58 AM »
....and anyway, we should do AH vs. wwiionline as well :D
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: July 28, 2003, 12:03:32 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
I find myself agreeing with Rude more and more lately... ewww!

lol....don't worry MT...just follow me and all will be good:)

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: July 28, 2003, 12:06:35 PM »
Well geez Rude, I'm sure others are not looking to fly lazily straight and level holding hands with goofy grins.  :p  But I wont be pissed off if it turns sour.

There are different forms of competition (scenerios, 1v1, 2v2, AH vs WB, etc)... but it all depends on just what the competition is.  Like you said, I'll have fun being competitive, but I wont let it become SO competitive that it spills over into other areas. :)
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]