Author Topic: Comments on Micro-Warps  (Read 428 times)

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Comments on Micro-Warps
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2000, 01:31:00 AM »
Same here funked.

466 128meg; Viper770/32meg...

Damn.

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Brazos

• Zinc Member
Comments on Micro-Warps
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2000, 03:56:00 PM »
Me too Dale,

Unplayable since 1.04. I see nme dots, a 6con, then a 3con, and they are by me. Not FR, but updates. In a tail chase, I can't get a shot 'cause any movement causes 'em to vanish for a sec. I don't think I have ever seen a 4 or 5 con. It just goes from 6 to 3 in the forward HO view. Very wierd, good luck on it.

Pent II 450, 128ram, voodoo 5 5500, DSL.

Cya up...Braz

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Comments on Micro-Warps
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2000, 04:46:00 PM »
I'm noticing a dot warp, first it kinda (pops) moves like the way it POPPED at the old icon range, when the icon above the plane would come into view, This is the first "pop", second is WHEN the icon does come into view. The micro warps ( as yeager posted in another thread) when tracking under .5k studder steps to the point of the word i would use is " annoying", But the major 2-4k warping makes AH unplayable. I've set my MTU packet size to Auto,large,med,and small the size deosn't seem to help ( actually large seamed to have less warpage. I'm using a DSL connection. I film all my flights now, anyone that would like to see what i have to do to get kills, post... and i will send. You will all agree, i should fill the number 1 spot on the score board, just for the " agg" factor.
NUTTZ

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Comments on Micro-Warps
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2000, 04:52:00 PM »
Hey HT crew, I'm not a programmer but i do see a 'POP" of the dot,i would believe to be the "old" icon range, Could the FE be picking up both ranges, and adding to the stress on the amount of info being updated to the client? Just a thought!
I know,,, I know,,, stop thinking.

NUTTZ