Author Topic: Bomb Site Calibration sucks this week.  (Read 214 times)

Offline eta32

• Zinc Member
Bomb Site Calibration sucks this week.
« on: August 03, 2003, 11:56:46 AM »
I strongly believe there is a technical problem with the current CT map or setup... or something is screwed up.
No one is able to get a proper calibration with the bomb site.
I know how to calibrate and I consider myself to be very good. Regardless of alt.. I can hit dead on my target.
This week the calibration seems to be way off..
I have a set routine that I follow when calibrating.
I go level @ drop alt.. open my bay doors.. reduce throttle so my manifold reduces to 30 to max 35 depending upon the bomber that I am flying.
I let my speed reduce to 150 to 170.
I then control from the Bomb site.. when target comes into view I select the specific target I want to hit.. I hold the Y key down for a long count of 30 minimum to 50... all the while holding the cross hairs on the specific target.
After the count.. I then bring up the kneeboard and click on the target base.. for the correct alt..
I then minimize the kneeboard.. I then hit U.... and zoom or what ever is necessary to see the target... I release right on target and I ALWAYS hit the target dead center..
This week following the same routine... one time the bombs will fall rediculously short or long...
there is no set pattern..
On one pass headed west... the bombs were way short..
going an entire sector length out and coming back I go through the same calibration all over again.. and this time upon releas they are frickin long.

Now if I were the only one missing on the drop.. I would think I am doing something wrong.. but I am NOT the only one... everyone is having the same problem..

This is what leads me to believe there is a bug or something in the system this week..

Please fix it by Tuesday squad nites.

ETA32...