Author Topic: Boring and unstrategic maps  (Read 2405 times)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Boring and unstrategic maps
« Reply #90 on: August 19, 2003, 02:42:18 PM »
beetle... 3 weeks?   that is nothing.. do it for a few tours.   I see you also started flying the 109f4... do that for a while too.

your point is that if you don't fly with all the advantages your stats suffer.  My point is that they don't have to and that most people adapt.   For instance... if the only place for me to take off is a capped field with 8 guys taking turns making straffing runs on the runway... I won't take off.. I will log or try the CT..   If my country is simply down on numbers I will find (try to find) a place with sorta equal numbers.   If there is nothing but long distances between fields and nothing but late war fast planes porking fuel and hiding from each other I might grab a yak or a Tempest and run down some milkrunning pee 51.    No matter what I do my stats seem to stay about the same.... most peoples do.
lazs

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: August 19, 2003, 04:18:12 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
your point is that if you don't fly with all the advantages your stats suffer.  
Nope.

Let's stick to my original, and only point - despite your best efforts to twist this around into yet another stats comparison "my schlong is bigger than yours"/pissant thread.

You commented on my original 38/3 tally in the F4U-1C. I had cited this stat in another thread in praise of the CHog - you didn't contest it there, but in HERE (when you thought I wasn't looking) you disputed it as a half-truth or a lie, and that you had "corrected" me on it when in fact you did not because you could not -  no correction was applicable.

My post in this thread was to set the record straight for the benefit of the three people that might be reading your post.

End of story.

Goodnight.

Offline Drex

• Nickel Member
« Reply #92 on: August 19, 2003, 08:20:12 PM »
Creamo,

What time do you fly IL2 FB? If you don't mind, I'll hook up with you guys.  Have enjoyed playing it competitively on hyperlobby since the first one came out.  I don't have to be a studmuffin though, do I?    

Drex

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #93 on: August 20, 2003, 08:20:10 AM »
so beetle... even when you kill 30 or so planes in the chog you can only manage an overall 2/1 K/D?   you must get killed by every plane you see the rest of your sorties huh?
lazs

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #94 on: August 20, 2003, 08:59:31 AM »
Lazs, put a sock in it FFS. Everyone here knows you for the whiny tard that you are on this BBS, and how you like to apply your own interpretations to other people's stats and scores. I've got nothing left to say to you. Interpret my stats/scores and those of any other players of your choosing any way you wish. No-one gives a cheese what you think anyway.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Oh, just one other thing...
« Reply #95 on: August 20, 2003, 09:31:07 AM »
...just checked the scores. At 15:27 local time (14:27 UTC, 7:27 PDT) your fighter rank was 200. Mine was 165. Seems the ranking system isn't too impressed with your hallowed k/t stat. :D

muhahahaha.... :cool:

just saying. ;)  rank means bugger all in an unstructured arena, and mine goes down the tubes as a rook fighting a lost cause against a bish wall immediately prior to reset.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Re: Oh, just one other thing...
« Reply #96 on: August 20, 2003, 09:38:40 AM »
Originally posted by beet1e
...just checked the scores. At 15:27 local time (14:27 UTC, 7:27 PDT) your fighter rank was 200. Mine was 165. Seems the ranking system isn't too impressed with your hallowed k/t stat. :D

Holy crap... did I just witness someone using fighter rank as a measure of skill or competence?

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Drex

• Nickel Member
« Reply #97 on: August 20, 2003, 11:16:33 AM »
Go back to sleep Levi

Drex

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #98 on: August 20, 2003, 11:29:09 AM »
Originally posted by Drex
Go back to sleep Levi

Only if you promise to stop sucking.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Re: Oh, just one other thing...
« Reply #99 on: August 20, 2003, 11:38:34 AM »
Originally posted by Dead Man Flying
Holy crap... did I just witness someone using fighter rank as a measure of skill or competence?

-- Todd/Leviathn
Hehe. Scores/stats - the ideal instrument for goading Lazs. Well, you've got to fight fire with fire! :D

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #100 on: August 20, 2003, 02:17:04 PM »
beetle you will probly find 2 things that you beat me at all the time.  score and rank.   both have to do with hours played.   Score and rank are not very impressed with K/h or even K/d  but....

when have I ever said I was anything more than mediocre?   When have I got on this board and bragged about myu sorties?   I am simply saying that you and I are both mediocre.... course... you're a lot more mediocre than me.   You just don't deal with it as well.
lazs

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #101 on: August 20, 2003, 06:02:13 PM »
LOL Lazs!

Listen, old chap - didn't mean to be hurtful in anything I said. But sometimes you can be very frustrating, trying to twist round things that I've said. When I said about the 38/3 in the CHog, I was praising the Chog - not me. As you have already pointed out, I have no skill, so rank, k/d, k/t means nothing (it's the plane that counts, not the pilot) - and even a fair contest to assess individual skill is meaningless - many more factors were at play in WW2, otherwise Germany might have won - would certainly have won the BoB in 1940.

So I'm going to try to make that con in October, and when I get there, I'd like to slap you around the face with a wet fish if that's OK. Afterwards, you can take it home to feed to your cats. :D;)