Author Topic: 109 and 190 people plz help  (Read 927 times)

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
109 and 190 people plz help
« on: August 06, 2003, 06:00:46 PM »
ok im not new just over use bomber's to munch and i need help on fight anyone have some tatic you could tell me or and flim's with the 109F4 or 190A5?

skull12
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2003, 06:25:02 PM »
You should first read these three threads carefully. They are very informative for people first starting to set their eyes upon the 109 and the 190.

A Primer for New LW Pilots - by Urchin

Advanced LW Primer: The Fw190A-8

On 190 Evasives, questioned by Gabber

Generally speaking, if you are out to reap kills and deal devastating firepower, the 190 is the right choice. If you need to defend something, or when you don't care much about individual scores, the 109 is an excellent defensive/interceptor plane.

Personally, I am more comfortable with the 109. It has very hard time dealing the final death blow to the enemy, but the process of pressing something into a defensive position, is quite easy in it.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2003, 06:27:41 PM by Kweassa »

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2003, 06:25:11 PM »
Even with a tiny bit of searching you would have found:

Urchin's LW Primer

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2003, 05:55:41 AM »
I like the 190 A5, it is imo the easiest 190 to learn to fly & stay alive in.

It rolls very well, so whenever possible get above your opponont, go nose down at him, use your roll to get on his 6, line up and don't miss.

Has excellent firepower from 300 in closer.

Good bomber intercepter.

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2003, 08:29:57 AM »
If you've been flying bombers, then you know all about flying straight.  If you're good at flying straight, then the 190A8 with four 20mm cannons and two big machine guns is for you!  

The 190A8 with the "Elephant Guns" package is great for HO attacks (and you'll find a lot of those in the MA), bomber intercepts, ground strafing, and snap-shot kills.  It has a great roll rate, good visibility out of the cockpit, plenty of WEP for climb-outs, good fuel capacity, and a paint scheme that screams "Evil!  EEEEEvil!".

The only thing the 190A8 can't do is turn.  But hey, you go in, you swing that four .20mm battleaxe, lop off a couple of heads, and fly away, then turn around and come back to do it again.

Set your wing gun convergence for d300.  Set your nose gun convergence for d400.  

When starting out on your mission, WEP it off the runway up to around 12k or so, then normal climb until the needle is below the yellow, then WEP it up to 20k or 25k, depending on your mood.  Chances are, if you find anything co-alt with you at 20k or more, it won't be doing much turning so a straight-in approach at the merge is probable.  This is to your advantage so long as the target you're about the HO isn't a 110, Mosquito, or P-38.  Start firing at d1.2 and let the enemy charge into your 20mm shower.  The nose-mounted machine guns at d400 will start hitting him at d800 or so, then the 20mm will kick in and finish him off.

Never try to attack anything above you.  If you see something below you, make a pass with enough speed to get away if you miss, but not so much that you have a miniscule firing window.  I usually cut throttle at d600 or so, just to reduce my accelleration a bit so I'll have a big larger firing opportunity before I blow past.

If you miss, don't try to turn around right away.  Hit WEP and go into a gentle climb to turn your kinetic energy into potential energy.  When you've gotten about d3.0 or more away, then you can initiate a turn back for another guns run.

Watch out for compression at extremely high speeds and don't let your alt get below 10k unless you're doing ground strafing runs or coming in for a landing.  

If you lose a wingtip during a fight, don't worry about it too much; just keep your speed up and adjust to level flight with your stick and look to bring the bird in for a high-speed landing.  If you can keep your belly landing on the runway, it'll still count as a successful landing. ;)   Otherwise, drop gear and use your brakes.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2003, 08:40:21 AM by gofaster »

Offline Blank

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2003, 09:33:06 AM »
109 get used to tapping the 'k' elevator trim to save yourself from hitting the ground when you compress, and fight in the verticle not the horizontal.

f-4's good fun as you can t&b a bit but  it lacks the speed to run away like the g-10.

spiral climbing up to evade nme and bleed thier e quicker then you especially if they try to pull for a shot  then once they flounder roll over and blow'em outta the sky :D

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2003, 01:50:17 PM »
thx all for the help ive got unbelivable number's in this 109F4 now because of you tank's now im almost ready for the me262 :)

thx thx thx thx thx all

skull12
II/JG3 DGS II