Author Topic: Me262  (Read 1789 times)

Offline jodgi

• Nickel Member
      • http://forum.mercair.net
Combat trim
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2003, 10:22:57 AM »
Why turn off combat trim? Please explain... (Blank mentioned it in the 2nd post)

If someone has some thoughts on combat trim in general I would be happy to hear them.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Me262
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2003, 11:10:36 AM »
I can fly it and get to the base with partial wingage but then I auger nicely on approach.
Combat trim- from what I know, which isn't that much, CT doesn't do that good at low or high speeds. This being a 262 topic, I think the high speed part is involved. Also some planes just fly better without it. As for damaged planes, CT off is sometimes the only way you can keep it flying.

fuzeman
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline jodgi

• Nickel Member
Me262
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2003, 01:49:20 PM »
Ok, thanks.

(Never even tried to turn CT off in flight)

Now I have some flying and comparing to do...

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Combat trim
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2003, 01:59:01 PM »
Originally posted by jodgi
Why turn off combat trim? Please explain... (Blank mentioned it in the 2nd post)

If someone has some thoughts on combat trim in general I would be happy to hear them.

This pretty much explains the pros and cons of using Combat Trim.

Combat Trim Explained

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline jodgi

• Nickel Member
Me262
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2003, 03:35:19 PM »
Good info, thanks

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
Me262
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2003, 11:26:26 PM »
Originally posted by B17Skull12
hehe. im getting close again. 88 perks and climbing. getting used to these 30mm cannons in the G10

ive reached the magic 100 perks mark and perk bonus is almost 2;) .time to taunt bish!
ive killed 3 rook ponies no bish yet.
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Me262
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2003, 11:30:08 PM »
anyone have a good gun sight for 262? that is becoming a nightmare for me. you have to zoom in to see the dot

I use the same gunsight for all of the planes.  It's a modified Mk8 gunsight with the outer ring removed and I've also raised my head position so the bore-sight is at eye level.  Makes deflection shots so much easier to gauge since I can see over the nose.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
Me262
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2003, 12:30:06 AM »
HEHE. i didn't burn my last 262 more like controls locked up and i went lawndarting.

Your flying it wrong ...... all wrong.... reasimalate reasimalate.....

you need remedial 262 school..... back to the beginning of this thread and reread....:D
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
Me262
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2003, 05:32:20 PM »
Originally posted by Roscoroo
Your flying it wrong ...... all wrong.... reasimalate reasimalate.....

you need remedial 262 school..... back to the beginning of this thread and reread....:D
:D that has been fixed.
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline Devourer

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.106thvag.org
Me262
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2003, 03:31:25 PM »
Honestly skull, i dont think you are ready for it. When you have only 200 or so perks and you fly the 262 you get nervous and thats not good for your performance in the 262.

I think you should save up to around 500 perkies having fun every now and then in other perk planes, that way losing a 262 wont be such a big deal. That will also give you time to get better in the game. Having experience on how to approach other players and how they will react is vital in the 262. Its not just about running away.  

When i started, I was just as anxious as you are to fly the 262 and i ended up killing myself against a buff. Maybe you are a better pilot than I was, but having experience really makes things easier.

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
Me262
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2003, 05:31:26 PM »
Originally posted by Devourer
Honestly skull, i dont think you are ready for it. When you have only 200 or so perks and you fly the 262 you get nervous and thats not good for your performance in the 262.

I think you should save up to around 500 perkies having fun every now and then in other perk planes, that way losing a 262 wont be such a big deal. That will also give you time to get better in the game. Having experience on how to approach other players and how they will react is vital in the 262. Its not just about running away.  

When i started, I was just as anxious as you are to fly the 262 and i ended up killing myself against a buff. Maybe you are a better pilot than I was, but having experience really makes things easier.
im ready (have had help from:fester, wilbuz, FBgrumbl) im following wilbuzs rules for now.
Originally said by wilbuz
at first only go after straight moving targets and take the shot even it may seem impossible. that is the only way to get better. i used to fly with fester and this was how he learned the learned the 262.
i follow what says
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Me262
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2003, 12:21:43 PM »
I've been flying the 262 a bit lately in order to run down the P-51s and 190s that seem to exponentially propogate on the Trinity map.

It's honestly the easiest plane in the game to fly, bar none.  Set autoclimb speed to 300 until about 6 to 10k alt, then level it and keep your speed between 400 and 600ias.  Nothing on this planet will catch you unless you want to be caught, and it's fun to have P-51s blow 20k alt to try to catch you, only to fall behind 1k out.

And if you happen across a runway where a group of B-17s and three fighters are spawning in the same spot, you'll have a smile on your face for hours.

-- Todd/Leviathn
« Last Edit: September 10, 2003, 07:33:16 PM by Dead Man Flying »

Offline pellik

• Nickel Member
Me262
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2003, 11:37:33 PM »
Cut the corner! Almost every kill I've ever gotten in a 262 (not counting those where my target fell asleep) has been from anticipating the high angle deflection shot. Generally people like to turn into you on a break turn so if you aim a little to the side of your target you can generally plan on them crossing your gunsite as you get closer. If you keep your speed a little low (400-450 indicated) and pull high Gs for just a moment after their break turn you can occasionally get a ping even with poor spud gunnery. Also note that for this to work you should fire both guns as the extra giant lead balls flying at your target improves your chances of getting a hit.

Keep your speed down. Its almost impossible to get kills at 600mph, unless they dont see you comming at all. The 262 can dive well enough that if your a little slow you can usually still get away. Corner speed is at around 400mph if you can't. If being slow makes you nervous thats fine, it keeps your SA up. When a high dot appears and your slow just level out and disenguage.

Kill slow targets. Evasive maneuvers are considerably less effective if your target can't cover enough ground during the maneuver to get out of the 10 degrees or so you can kick your nose over without really changing your course. Look for base  porkers and runway vulchers as easy targets. Cut your throttle on the way in, and maybe give it some rudder, to keep it at a maneuverable speed.

If you're too afraid to loose your 262 you're going to have one hell of a time getting kills. Even when a little slow this plane can zoom so well its funny. You can actually climb pretty fast with repeated dives and zooms.

Hope these tips help.

-pellik