Author Topic: Me262  (Read 1790 times)

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
Me262
« on: August 09, 2003, 01:53:04 PM »
ok for all of you people who fly the Me262 alot and get 13 20 kill's including rearm's plz give me the best advice you have for the plane im just about 3 perk's away from this plane i need help flying and mastering it so people like urchin and fester and also wldthing think you could help. plz?

skull12
(i wont use it aginst you people)
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline Blank

• Nickel Member
Me262
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2003, 02:27:58 PM »
dont use combat trim,

dont fly into the back of the guy your shooting at :)

get used to missing anything you shot at.

practice spud throwing (30mm cannon) in other LW planes with them.

dont expect to survive, that way you wont be pizzed off when you die and loose all your perks. :D

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
Me262
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2003, 03:26:07 PM »
full fuel , up from a safe base .
most important Take your time with it !!! Dont Furball !!!
get to a decent alt 20-25+k and keep it fast  , dont let it compress,and turn off combat trim.
its ok to use the 262 to draw the nme's away from their base so your countrymen can pork it.

you are the hunter in a 262 and fly it as such. i suggest that you hunt or protect  buffs with it at first. Bring it home after an hour or so of enjoyment teasing the nme and smile :)
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Inferno

• Copper Member
Me262
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2003, 04:44:15 PM »
And don't waste your ammo. It only takes 1 or 2 hits to send a guy down.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Me262
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2003, 08:48:35 PM »
The best thing about the Me262 is its excellent turning ability in high speed, high G maneuvers.  Make sure that you go as fast as you can and yank has hard as you can into a turn, pulling max G's to turn the Me262 on a dime.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
Me262
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2003, 01:17:58 AM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
The best thing about the Me262 is its excellent turning ability in high speed, high G maneuvers.  Make sure that you go as fast as you can and yank has hard as you can into a turn, pulling max G's to turn the Me262 on a dime.

ack-ack

Um if you do this with 100% fuel you can rip wings off.:eek:

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time

Offline wetrat

• Gold Member
Me262
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2003, 03:29:00 AM »
set your convergence at around 300, and stay close to the deck. Most people lose their first 262 to compression... staying low is the easiest way to avoid it. Also, if you stay near top speed (which is very easy to do; when turning you just use an upward spiral then dive back down when you're in the right direction), nothing will be able to catch you from above. Hell, you might even get a few proxies from greedy alt-monkeys lawndarting ;)
Army of Muppets

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Me262
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2003, 04:35:13 AM »
Originally posted by cobia38

Ack-Ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline hogenbor

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.lookupinwonder.nl
Me262
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2003, 10:15:20 AM »
When I was introduced to the concept of 'perks' I eagerly awaited the moment I could afford to fly the 262.

However, when I reached the magic mark I was clever enough to realize that I was not nearly good enough to be succesful with it and I still believe that, even now.

Usually I get massively pissed off when flying and fighting to the best of my abilities and get killed. Granted, I mostly kill myself these days (too much 'G' in P-51, too close to ack, screwed up carrier landings) but flying the 262 in the MA would simply not be good for my health.

Fly it extensively off-line, compress it off-line, shoor drones with spuds off-line first is the only valid advice I can give you. Flying the g-10 with 30mm is a good primer too.

Offline Blank

• Nickel Member
Me262
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2003, 10:23:25 AM »
helpful tip (well i think so )

if 1 engine gets pinged (as is bound to happen) i turn it off to save it and rtb then on approach turn it on so i land with both engines running

I've lost 262's to ground looping, flat spin stupid arsed shouldn't have gunned the throttle at low speed to miss the (insert object here) with only one engine landings before :D

and the best time to pull Ack-Ack 'hi g turn on a dime manouver' is when the plane is shaking slightly, cos that baby cant wait to get around and kill those cons ;)

Offline sonofagun

• Zinc Member
Me262
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2003, 01:51:45 PM »
Originally posted by hogenbor
When I was introduced to the concept of 'perks' I eagerly awaited the moment I could afford to fly the 262.

However, when I reached the magic mark I was clever enough to realize that I was not nearly good enough to be succesful with it and I still believe that, even now.

Mine was the Tempest.  I practiced and practiced till I got a good feel for it's performance.  Bought one, loaded with DT's and went looking for a fight.  First group of nme's I see, I pickle my DT's and point my 20mm cannons toward a 110 diving toward me.  I don't remember much after that other than being popped right back into the tower.

Now I fly the 110 quite often.  Haven't bought a plane since.:confused:

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
Me262
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2003, 03:05:10 PM »
Why do people think that a 262 can fly forever on one engine?  I had my engine killed by a 51 in the MA, i got away safely but, i could only go for a sector on one engine before i would auger it from the loss of speed.

Is there a way to make the engine go forever?  If there is, do tell :D

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
Me262
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2003, 03:48:19 PM »
well my k/d is 1 kill to every death. killed some guy named furball in a 262 2 second later something hits my wing it falls off and i go augering.:)  didn't even get pissed:) . now pissed me off was when i lost my 163 on landing. thing are im possible to land.:rolleyes: lost 30 points and right now im at 21 perks:rolleyes:
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline YUCCA

• Silver Member
Me262
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2003, 04:16:13 PM »
I'd recommend that you go to h2h or TA or something.  Because you need to know how it handles, compression, acceleration, dive etc.  If you do compress hit K slowly, if you do it too fast your wings could come off.  And always keep 400 mpyh and and at least 5k under you have room to run.
      Also take off with 1 click o flap level off and put flap up at around 300 mph start c.imb about 325 IAS.  If you want to save fuel if you cut back on all the rpm's and half throttle you will still go about 400 maybe 425.
      I usually RTB with 1 tank of fuel remaining.  It's best to come from enemy bases towards the base they're attacking, you can pick off the jabo while they're climbing and sometimes afk as well as goons.
     Now mind you i'm not a 262 expert this is mostly common pilot knowledge.
     Oh, by the way, as for climbing up to 20k or 25k that's not neccessary.  I climb to about 15k above target and full speed.  ANything higher than that either wont catch you or you can turn because they're compressing and 262 handles well at high speed.

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
Me262
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2003, 03:10:03 PM »
Originally posted by cobia38
Um you WILL rip your wings off!!
Army of Das Muppets     
Member DFC Furballers INC. If you cant piss with big dogs go run with the pack