Author Topic: Time to leave  (Read 2321 times)

Offline olddogwb

• Zinc Member
Time to leave
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2003, 12:31:58 PM »
Hey Revvin,

Sorry to see you go, even though I don't have an AH account.
It seems to be a good one (with familiar issues) from my brief offline try of it.

I'll drop you a line, may want your help with a project I have volunteered for.

Blue skies, and I hope you don't leave the WWII sim community.

regards,

Offline Keez

• Copper Member
Time to leave
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2003, 01:52:06 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
strat guys are very sensitive.

Lazs.... I have always been surprised by the rude posts you make. You never make any attempts to be nice to someone. When you get a chance, you'll bite. You're every way I imagine the kid from school who always got bullied and is now taking revenge from behind a safe computer. It really makes me wonder who the person is behind that handle. I hope for you and your environment that you're a much nicer person than how you appear to me online.

What's all this online bashing of people you have never even seen face to face? It's pathetic and makes we wonder what kind of grumpy pale nerds these people here are. You know what creamo said? He said "I bet you're refreshing this thread the whole day".  While that sick bastard has like 2500 posts! That is sick!

Bah, I never really had much with the "community". And from what I'm seeing here I'm glad I never did. I dont wish to comment on that any further.

It's not just Revvin leaving. It's the entire squadron that is retiring WITH Revvin. If Revvin was out to make a drama, he would have posted that his whole squadron was leaving. Instead he kept it to himself and just said salute to old friends. I think that shows he's sincere when he says he's just saying bye to people he met online. Some people here prefer to send e-mails like someone here mentioned. That is fine, do that. But if someone prefers to do it this way, just respect it.

That is all.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Time to leave
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2003, 02:16:44 PM »
that's it! I jumping!

:)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Time to leave
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2003, 02:27:02 PM »
who said the british don't have a sense of humor?
lazs

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
Time to leave
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2003, 04:11:24 PM »
It's not just Revvin leaving. It's the entire squadron that is retiring WITH Revvin.

Gasp!

Where is the pity party being held? Is there soft drinks and finger foods? Coffee cake is my favorite.

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
Time to leave
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2003, 08:10:20 PM »
Creamo, why is it unacceptable for someone to say goodbye to friends when they leave?

Every time one of these threads comes up, youre the first to notch an arrow.  And everytime you do, I try and determine why.

Now, I may not be the brightest guy in the world, but perhaps you might be able to help me understand your motivation, because from this angle, it looks like youre struggling with puberty or something of a similar nature.

Offline Puke

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://members.cox.net/barking.pig/puke.htm
Time to leave
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2003, 02:25:23 AM »
This thread is kind of funny.  Revvin posts a goodbye, Creamo interjects by basically saying 'you don't really need to go, you can hold your account and just take a break...especially if you think you'll be back in a few months for AH2" and then Revvin gets mad and now we have people poles apart duking it out in here.  Maybe I read it wrong, or maybe I understood it because I have minimal hours in the game lately... zero-hours the month of July in fact.  I guess if you want to quit and post goodbyes every time you take a vacation that's fine.  
Seriously, good luck to Revvin in whatever he does.  Don't get so uptight when someone is actually trying to get you to stay.

If Revvin comes back for AH2 and then leaves again, do we get a 2nd goodbye?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Time to leave
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2003, 06:34:19 AM »
I think Skuzzy should set up a "I'm Leaving" forum :)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Time to leave
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2003, 08:07:39 AM »
Yep... good one eagler... they could lock it to anyone who hadn't attended sensitivity clases in the last 6 months.
lazs

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
Time to leave
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2003, 09:29:02 AM »
"QUOTE:  Now, I may not be the brightest guy in the world, but perhaps you might be able to help me understand your motivation, because from this angle, it looks like youre struggling with puberty or something of a similar nature.  "QUOTE"

I think ya nailed it with that one Mazz.Its either that or like ya said, "Im a horrid little punk that got his bellybutton kicked in school every day so now Im gonna hide behind a computer and be a virtual bad ass"  Along with the cyber side kick parroting  Thats right George.You sure told HIM George uh yup.
  Revvin ignore the immature little snipes.They have nothing better in life to do but make snide comments about people because the simple truth is there prettythangholes.Its just that simple.Enjoy your time off and if ya come back so be it.
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
Time to leave
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2003, 11:42:25 AM »
As Barnum (or Lincoln or Somebody said), you can't please everyone all the time.  

Sorry to lose good players, but agree with Eagler and Creamo sentiments that somehow Aces High is so good it deserves to be supported -- at least by True Believers -- even when not played as much.

I've been same way lately -- have not been playing much.  Don't know why.  Maybe it's the endless anticipation of II after all these months of no new toys.  

Hardest thing for HiTech and crew is to keep excelling.  Every accomplishment becomes a new minimum expectation.  Just human nature, I guess.

At any rate, $15 a month for this global state of the art WWII combat flight simulator is reasonable tribute, in my opinion.  It would be a fantastic game even if it were just introduced as is, and its possibilities are still limited mostly by our own imaginations, not the game designers'.

It used to cost $13 an HOUR just to fly stick planes with the first version of Air Warrior via local long distance GEnie phone modem.  I always play at least a couple hours of Aces High every month -- such a bargain!

And this bulletin board is a terrific serendipitous resource of some of the finest (and sometimes bizarre) computer minds anywhere (e.g., early warning and advice on latest viruses).  

So color me content -- but eagerly waiting for Aces High II like everyone else.
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Time to leave
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2003, 02:09:01 PM »
mazz and dea... I think you guys must be projecting.  
lazs

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
Time to leave
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2003, 02:43:46 PM »
Originally posted by DrDea
...I think ya nailed it with that one Mazz.Its either that or like ya said, "Im a horrid little punk that got his bellybutton kicked in school every day so now Im gonna hide behind a computer and be a virtual bad ass"  Along with the cyber side kick parroting  Thats right George.You sure told HIM George uh yup.
  Revvin ignore the immature little snipes.They have nothing better in life to do but make snide comments about people because the simple truth is there prettythangholes....

Can you find it?

Offline Stringer

• Silver Member
Time to leave
« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2003, 03:36:53 PM »
I think if we keep this thread going long enough, Revvin can just attach his "Hey Guys, We're Back!" post here, instead of creating a new thread :)

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
Time to leave
« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2003, 11:33:02 AM »
Can you find it?

Ummm....Find what?:rolleyes:
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.