Author Topic: Time to leave  (Read 2318 times)

Offline Revvin

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ch-hangar.com
Time to leave
« on: August 17, 2003, 07:44:42 AM »
I've decided to close my AH account but just wanted to pop by and say goodbye to the friends I've made in Aces High. Plenty of good memories down the years and thanks to HTC for providing so much fun. It's not a decision I took lightly as I have a squad to consider but I've hardly flown at all in the last few months.

I may try AHII:TOD but if I don't then HTC and the friends I made and thanks for all the good times...cya round folks.

Offline Joc

• Silver Member
Time to leave
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2003, 08:11:15 AM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Not Revvers!!!! Ill give you 50% shares in my sheep flock IF ya stay!!!,REAL sad to hear that mate :(  :(  :(  Ive been flyin a LOT less than I used to,guess its cos of no strat,bombers the way they are,the maps, etc etc etc etc,just hangin on to the hope AH2 will be what we want,you still gonna fly in the 'other' sim?,keep in touch m8y,
a BIG <> to ya,
take care,
Joc
:(  :(
Joc

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
Time to leave
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2003, 09:11:44 AM »
Damn, lost another one..

:(

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Time to leave
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2003, 09:20:03 AM »
Cya Revvin! Always a pleasure to see you in the game.

Best of luck to you and enjoy your new pursuits!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
Time to leave
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2003, 09:59:26 AM »
I’m keeping my account open, regardless of hours played. They are way down now, but it’s not because AH isn’t still a great product. Just have had some great distractions in life which is nice.

It’s only $14.95 a month, and if AH2 Beta is only a month or 2 away, I don’t subscribe to the pity party logic that leaving now just to come back for AH2 serves any purpose at all, other than taking revenue from HTC when they deserve it the most.

While players quit and wait for something they deem better, HTC still has to spend their resources on making the new graphics, FM codes, damage improvements, etc… I think it’s a slap in their face considering.

Seems to me HiTech and Co. have taken a very positive step to progress the game with the announcement of AH2, and will surely provide us subscribers with even more good stuff soon. For the same price too I bet. It has taken some time, sure, at the expense of updating the current game which is soon to be replaced, and it should. Certainly you guys caught that concept and realized the good of no more updates because the resources were being focused on bigger and better things ? Still, that doesn’t discount the righteous deal we have now, which is a really fun game, and I gladly pay the price of admission. Hell, as I see it, I can’t afford NOT to support HTC, especially now when they are putting out such a radical update in AH2. Every dollar helps a growing company.

Using their BBS to stage that you are yanking your support dollars for a month or 2 is kinda crappy I think. Unless Yankee, SuperT, Nate, and Skuzzy are making $95,000 a year which some bbs poster recently guessed. Then I say go ahead. With that kind of income, they pry do this as a hobby, and a favor to the players?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2003, 10:03:09 AM by Creamo »

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
Time to leave
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2003, 10:24:51 AM »
Jeesh another classy guy going, ! Revvin

Offline Revvin

• Silver Member
Time to leave
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2003, 10:43:38 AM »
My reason for posting this was to say goodbye to the friends I've made in AH some of which I've lost mail contacts or maybe did'nt have any contact info for them. I did'nt list any names here or try to mail as I'd inevitably forget someone's callsign as I've been here a few years now. The post was not to undermine HTC in any way and I wish them all the luck in the future hence the to them also, my cancellation will be filled by another 5 new subscribers such is the nature of online gaming. I doubt I will try AHII but I never rule out returning to any game I've played. I owe none of the companies whose sims I've played anything and they don't owe me anythign in return I'm just another customer. My reasons for leaving AH are numerous and I could have posted a long whine about how I felt but prefered to give a to my friends and HTC and simply say goodbye.

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Time to leave
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2003, 12:25:19 PM »
Don’t take it personal Revvin. I was generalizing.

See you in a month or so in Beta, Revvin2.

Offline Cooley

• Silver Member
Time to leave
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2003, 12:33:41 PM »
Cya Rev

S!
Cooleyof 367th

Offline Revvin

• Silver Member
Time to leave
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2003, 12:34:57 PM »
« Last Edit: August 17, 2003, 04:22:28 PM by Revvin »

Offline Skyman

• Copper Member
Time to leave
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2003, 12:52:48 PM »
revvin

dont take to long out ;)

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Time to leave
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2003, 01:05:24 PM »
Take a little care?

Oh for gads sake, I was trying to be nice. OK, prod me.

Maybe instead of directing how I should respond to your leaving AH, perhaps you could have left an forwarding email and just left?

Maybe you missed my response in a thread talking about sympathy. You’ll find it not here, but between sh*t and syphilis in the dictionary.

I’m going to go fly a BF110 in the MA today to test it out and pry get demolished. But Im going to have fun doing it.  You?  You are going to refresh this thread all day, almost certainly looking for a response. Ill be flying AH and then watch the Michigan Nascar race. Maybe do both.

Not being a dramatized whiner, but a real salamander has its advantages.

Carry on.

Offline Joc

• Silver Member
Time to leave
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2003, 01:23:52 PM »
Jeez times are changin,this is supposed to be a community,if it were me leaving,this IS where I would leave a post saying goodbye to all the folks Id be missin,Revvin didnt say ANYTHING 'anti' in his post,just sayin goodbye,seems to me folks with attitudes like yours make leaving AH even more pleasurable.
Joc

Offline Revvin

• Silver Member
Time to leave
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2003, 01:26:31 PM »
« Last Edit: August 17, 2003, 04:22:03 PM by Revvin »

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
Time to leave
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2003, 01:26:54 PM »
Cya Revv!!!