Author Topic: Pyro AH2 FAQ update?  (Read 3902 times)

Offline mos

• Copper Member
Pyro AH2 FAQ update?
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2003, 02:30:07 PM »
Originally posted by acepilot2
believe it or not, most other online games, like a good 80%, do that.   Like take Star Wars Galaxies.   Every week in the forums they do a "Friday Feature" about upcoming features being implemented in the game and bug fixes. like (this is not an actual example)

Yeah, but comparing a great game like AH to a mess like SWG isn't exactly going to hammer your point home.  Who cares how often the SWG devs report on their recent changes when all they do is nerf, nerf, nerf while struggling to find a balance they should have locked down a long time ago, like, say, back in beta.  When push comes to shove, the AH guys get the job done.

Patience people.

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
Pyro AH2 FAQ update?
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2003, 03:00:45 PM »
Even something simple ...

HT:  Been working with the particle effects this week, looking great though its a long process.
Super and Nate:  Finishing touches on new la7 model
Pyro:  Has he left his oiffice this week?

Doesn't seem like much to ask..

SKurj

Offline GA

• Gold Member
      • http://www.332viking.no
Pyro AH2 FAQ update?
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2003, 03:54:34 PM »
Punt Scootter, no whines here just a bone for us who pays to play this great game and who are realy looking forward to see some pictures or info on the futures for the upcoming AHII;)

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
Pyro AH2 FAQ update?
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2003, 12:44:45 AM »
Always happens like this.

Someone will say "but we've had nothing in 8 months."
Then someone else will say "yeah we did, that screenshot of the new hanger."
and yet another will say "yeah but that was pants, full of superimposed pics of the guys and contained no useful information whatsoever."
And a 4th will add "What about that shot of a wing?"
Original will say "So?  A shot of a wing in 8 months is good is it?"
Then another will chime in with "There was the interview....."
and the original poster will come back with "Yeah but it's full of simpering crap questions and vague answers that doesnt stave off the hunger for new info, honestly that interviewer must think the sun shines out of HTs backside.  We've been promised a FAQ for 6 months with nothing doing, had zero dev updates, zero news, zero details and are expected to get by on 2 screenshots and a crappy movie.....a really crappy movie.  Other companies give weekly updates waaah waaaah waaaah whinge, whine, whinge."

And then it'll degenerate into a flame fest with fanboi's on one side and HTC critics on the other until Skuzzy locks it.

Or maybe I'm completely wrong as usual and Pyro will get back from Vegas this morning and post a 10000 word update with more hard and fast details and facts than we could ever want.

Offline Scootter

• Silver Member
Pyro AH2 FAQ update?
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2003, 10:57:44 AM »
Originally posted by Swoop
Always happens like this.

Someone will say "but we've had nothing in 8 months."
Then someone else will say "yeah we did, that screenshot of the new hanger."
and yet another will say "yeah but that was pants, full of superimposed pics of the guys and contained no useful information whatsoever."
And a 4th will add "What about that shot of a wing?"
Original will say "So?  A shot of a wing in 8 months is good is it?"
Then another will chime in with "There was the interview....."
and the original poster will come back with "Yeah but it's full of simpering crap questions and vague answers that doesnt stave off the hunger for new info, honestly that interviewer must think the sun shines out of HTs backside.  We've been promised a FAQ for 6 months with nothing doing, had zero dev updates, zero news, zero details and are expected to get by on 2 screenshots and a crappy movie.....a really crappy movie.  Other companies give weekly updates waaah waaaah waaaah whinge, whine, whinge."

And then it'll degenerate into a flame fest with fanboi's on one side and HTC critics on the other until Skuzzy locks it.

Or maybe I'm completely wrong as usual and Pyro will get back from Vegas this morning and post a 10000 word update with more hard and fast details and facts than we could ever want.

looking for a point in here somewhere
:p

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
Pyro AH2 FAQ update?
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2003, 12:42:58 PM »
Me?  Make a point?

Never.  I write for the Daily Mirror don't-cha-know.

Offline BGBMAW

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Pyro AH2 FAQ update?
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2003, 04:05:31 PM »
space balls is a great comedy.....

Comb the Desert!!!!!

mAY THE sWARTZ  Be with You.....

Love BiGB

xoxox

YES MORE SCREEN SHOTS PLEASE...And F all of you that complain about new maps ect.....

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
Pyro AH2 FAQ update?
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2003, 10:10:23 AM »
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Pyro AH2 FAQ update?
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2003, 12:46:40 PM »
Not sure punting this one or any other topic will do much of anything.  I am positive they are more than aware of the many requests for more info on AH-II.   Only they could explain why they choose to remain mum but that would take as much, if not more, effort to post here than an update to AH-II would I imagine.

Sadly, it's as if they borrowed one of the really bad chapters from "How to Run (or not) an Online Venue" by Kesmai.  In particular the part where it explains how to culture and grow indifference and non-interest in your player base.  I hope they haven't gotten to, or even considered, the section on "How to Drive Your Loyal Player Base to the Desperate, Waiting Arms of Your Competition."
« Last Edit: August 28, 2003, 12:49:02 PM by Westy »

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
Pyro AH2 FAQ update?
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2003, 03:14:51 PM »
I would like to think of myself as one of HTC more loyal customers considering the time and effort I put into building special events for about 3 years, but they have seriously dropped the ball on keeping the community informed on the progress of AHII. I think what oboe suggested
What I'd love is a short and simple paragraph every week that makes me feel like I'm in on the development of AH2:
is a excellent idea. Would be a lot less work than updating the FAQ and keep the community happy. Would not even have to be one a week. Once a month would be nice.

Yes I know a “lot” would be left out in the brief updates and they could not possibly cover it all, but that is not what I am asking for.

Better a snippet here and there than nothing for 6 months.
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline GA

• Gold Member
      • http://www.332viking.no
Pyro AH2 FAQ update?
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2003, 03:26:54 PM »
PUNT DD;).

I started playing AH for about 3 years time And I knew DD is one off the moust loyal supporter and helper for the AH communety.

When I first started AH and when a new patch or update was IB I remember that it was more info and that the guys were more in the MA testing things out and also when releasing a patch or update on a earlyer stage to let us help out with bugg report and they fixed it ASAP when we played;). Maybee things have got more complex . as the above words:

What I'd love is a short and simple paragraph every week that makes me feel like I'm in on the development of AH2:

yep it was great and good to know you were alonge side giving feed back for the development team for a new patch or update. Ok maybee I was not the one that had such good ideas or feedback, but you backed up the guys who had :D

I considering my self for a loyal supporter for the AH game adn realy looking forward to a new big releas. But insted I drifting away to IL2/FB game with there exelent feed back on new updates every frieday and new things to come. But they have not the GREAT Communety the AH have and its multy play and communication via voice and tx it have when playing who makes a big diffrent in game play;).

No real whine but some frustration tho;)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2003, 03:30:46 PM by GA »

Offline sicko

• Zinc Member
later folks...
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2003, 09:38:51 PM »
Well, that does it for me, folks. I’ve never bothered to register with the bulletin board system, but figured that I would do so tonight to post one single message to the HTC staff. (I couldn’t even register under my flying name (already taken), but as you will see, that really doesn’t matter now.)

I’ll not waste much of your time, but I just want the staff and other players to know that when I selected ‘Lost Interest’ as my reason for canceling my account – my feelings can be summed up fairly well by reading through this thread.

Aces High is a good game, and I’ve been looking forward to AHII for quite some time now. Unfortunately, the fact that the staff can’t take five minutes to give us a heads up has bothered me for a while. They’re obviously aware of the growing sentiment (as evidenced by this thread) among the players that /any/ news is better than no news. And yet they still don’t bother to accommodate the very folks that are responsible for their livelihoods.

I could rant and rave, but everything has already been said in this thread. I’m sure a lot of folks will consider this post to be a pathetic whine, and I suppose it is in some ways. Regardless, I just wanted the staff to know that they’ve lost at least one player because of their deliberate ignorance of the community’s desires.

Maybe I’ll venture around in a few weeks to see if things have gotten better, and if they have, I’ll likely fork over my money to play again. But, until then, I don’t think the folks at the helm of HTC deserve my money – regardless of the amount.

Good luck.

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
Re: later folks...
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2003, 10:21:18 PM »
Originally posted by sicko
...Maybe I’ll venture around in a few weeks to see if things have gotten better, and if they have, I’ll likely fork over my money to play again. But, until then, I don’t think the folks at the helm of HTC deserve my money – regardless of the amount...

Did this pouting thing work with your mom at the toy store when you were growing up?

...and why waste a melodramtic goodbye only to, as you say, "venture round in a few weeks"?  Its cheeze.

Offline Herr Milde

• Zinc Member
Pyro AH2 FAQ update?
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2003, 02:00:45 AM »
Every day I read these message boards.

I used to look forward to the discussions but now they just make me sad. :(

Although I really want to believe that threads like this one don't deserve a response from HTC, the absolute silence from HTC is taking its toll on me.

I don't see how a comment from HTC saying something to the effect of "don't worry, we're still seriously working on AH2" would hurt, or maybe someone else can answer that question for me.

Nevertheless, I'll still be holding my breath until September 30th. :)

Regards to all,

Schutz

Offline fullback

• Copper Member
Pyro AH2 FAQ update?
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2003, 07:23:19 AM »

I think it's natural to feel a little frustrated if someone intentionally ignores you.

I wonder what would happen if you didn't speak to your spouse, co-workers or clients; answer any questions or even acknowledge they exist for about 6 months? :D

Or, do you think HTC is getting the Microsoft 'We-got-you-pathetic-addicts-by-the-short-hairs' big head?

Or, maybe they just want to create some suspense and surprise everyone with a great new update?

Or, maybe it ain't goin' quite as good as they hoped?

Hey... I have a suggestion, but it will only work if 90%+ of customers participate:

After AH2 is out, say nothing about it here -- good or bad,

- No 'WTG!'

- No 'Great Job!'

- Nothing, nada, zenzen, not a bloody peep about it. Just download as required, play and say nothing at all for about 6 months.

- No bug reports.

- No suggestions for improvement.

- No whines about any part of it.

Now that would be fun. Anyone want to make the pledge?