Author Topic: Please Change Ki-67 to Ju-88  (Read 2543 times)

Offline Sakai

• Silver Member
Please Change Ki-67 to Ju-88
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2003, 02:26:18 PM »
Originally posted by brady
   The mismatch does bother me though, thats why we have the Peggy/Boston combo, If we had a Beaufort and a Betty I would gladely use them instead.

If the Boston had a tail gun?  The matchup would be very close.  Boston better divebomber, better load, Peggy faster and better defended . . .not a bad tradeoff.

Sakai
"The P-40B does all the work for you . . ."

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2003, 05:24:27 PM »
"Notice though, that the only whining Nancy-boy milk running dweebs are the US guys, so given their obvious proclivity toward dress wearing it is reasonable to assume they will mince and fuss regardless of what bomber the face shooting weinie boys who never have enough of an advantage have to see. "

Sakai! When did you learn to master sarcasm so well?! :D

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2003, 05:48:06 PM »
Originally posted by brady
If we had a Beaufort and a Betty I would gladely use them instead.

HT ... model the Buford and the Becky! :D

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2003, 06:11:16 PM »
Originally posted by Arlo
HT ... model the Buford and the Becky! :D

Oh yeah the SK8TR-B01 Becky, I forgot about that plane!  How about the Ki-100 for this setup too while we're at it!!!!!  Spitfire anyone? :D
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2003, 06:23:37 PM »
Kwit beeing sew sarkastik abowt mi powst.

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2003, 10:22:26 PM »
Pluto  I agree

KI67 is way off in this scenario.

IMHO
Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2003, 10:39:46 PM »
Participants have been making excellent points about compatible plane sets every since CT started but, pro or con, isn't it rather significant that this complaint thread keeps going and going like the Energizer bunny?

Maybe it's time to try really limiting plane sets to true historical matchups -- and NO substitutes -- in a couple scenarios.  

Wouldn't hurt to try it.  

Then see how many, if any, complain about the planes (except maybe to ask for more types).
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2003, 11:21:06 PM »
It has been tryed, people always complain about somthing:)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2003, 01:35:51 AM »
Brady,  you seem a tad resistant to any suggestions from players. Why is that? Aside from constant feedback ( whining, general concerns,Batz's crap) what has jaded you from any input at all anymore?

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2003, 02:15:34 AM »
I am not at all Jaded to input, I consider all input that I take the time to read, and weight it, and determine wheather or not it has any merit, obviously I am prety set in my interpation of the Peggy/Boston isue, which was decided a long time ago and will remain a fixture of any PAC set up I do untill we get a diferent bomber or two to use instead of them, the same whining from the same players each time I run this set up is doing nothing to change my mind, they say prety much the same things each time and prety much ignore what I say each time, so it is aparent neither side is doing much to convince the other side, but that is not at all uncommon.

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2003, 02:51:53 AM »
mrpluto forgot to close the whine tag plz do so btw typing [/whine] at the end of your post TY!. i had fun ripping allies up with ki67 also used val a bit had no luck in getting kills. i bomb from 5k and head home. they are whining over channel 1 that im running:rolleyes: .so im an attemp to get this f4f below i dive.right in front. get him smoking. he augers. by now 4 chasing me. still complianing im running. they slowly catching up.they kill me over the field. then they start whining i porked there field which i didn't i just got 3 building on town. has CT become Whine Theater?(aka WT) was pretty fun thanks for great setup brady.

skull12
(or no i was taunting them)
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
      • http://bellsouthpwp.net/w/o/wotans/4JG53/
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2003, 02:59:53 AM »
Brady and I get along fine. My "crap" hasnt jaded him. What he wont tell ya I will.

Theres no problem at all provided your planes are better. The tbms and sbds for instance. The fact the boston is much faster then the peggy below 15k and carries a larger bomb. The boston has fixed forward guns that shred zekes.

The peggy is 8 to 10 mph faster then the f4f below 15k. So it cant be speed thats a problem especially when you compare the boston to the a6m2.

It cant be plane toughness as the peggy is easily killed with 50s. Compare that with type 99 mk 1s against the boston.

It cant be bomb load as all Japanese bombers carry about the same load.

So its the guns. Well if the betty was here the guns would be about the same.

So if you think brady is jaded by the "crap" above you are wrong because he agrees.

What may have jaded him is one sided whines that always flow as soons as the poor allied farmboys lose their advantage.

But on top of all that if the bombers give ya trouble then just leave umm alone. If the ack stars have nothing to shoot at they will get bored and leave.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2003, 03:58:29 AM »
Ah Batz, in addition to your list, bomb drops are totally inaccurate at full throttle so the F4Fs can easily catch a Peggy in bound for the target and  sometimes a Peggy will turn and chase attackers so speed can’t be the problem, maybe the problem is a bomber with teeth.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2003, 05:43:53 AM »
I am not at all Jaded to input   Good to hear. It wasnt just this set up that I saw you not receptive to some input (or seeming to be)  Just making sure. BTW, I dont really mind this set up, just thought it would be intresting to see it with out the 2 evil bombers.

Theres no problem at all provided your planes are better.

I fly both sides except on the dreaded "Squad Night"

What may have jaded him is one sided whines that always flow as soons as the poor allied farmboys lose their advantage.   Seems to me you read way too much into what people post. Your "STFU whiner" everytime some "farmboy" posts wore thin long ago. I know. STFU, its my sandbox go away  yadda yadda yadda..

Brady and I get along fine   Never said otherwise. Although you do seem a bit too protective/possesive of him.  No one is trying to steal him from you. :D

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2003, 12:34:18 PM »
Batz is just saying what, I generaly cant do my position, while I may well feal the same way he does on many issues I am somewhat restricted in how I present my "emotional" takes on things by my position on the staff.

Slash, I only run one set up in 4, so I dont always coment on all the set up's and the threads they generate.