Author Topic: Whack That Dead Horse One More Time – Big Isles  (Read 772 times)

Offline Zippatuh

• Silver Member
Whack That Dead Horse One More Time – Big Isles
« on: September 02, 2003, 07:44:01 AM »
Really… what’s with all the vehicle bases on the small islands?  Are there any plans on converting some of them to airfields like trinity?

Long flight times this weekend and a hand full of fights.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2003, 07:54:35 AM »
Did the constant non-stop action wear you out?

;)
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2003, 07:56:45 AM »
yep... with the big maps I have noticed that for the first time... I have as much time in the CT this tour as the MA.  

If the big maps were a plot to get people into the CT... it worked.
lazs

Offline Zippatuh

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2003, 08:13:02 AM »
Yup Toad, on for a little over two hours this weekend spread over two days and was hard pressed to find a fight that was closer than 40 – 50 miles away.

CT, wrong plane set most of the time.  I don’t like the early war aircraft and the rump divots in my mustang are formed just right now.

I think I got 10-12 kills in two hours of play.  A lot of assists though, people are awfully friendly it seems these days.  End up finding a stand up fight only to have it taken by a picker while in the mix.  I can’t blame them though.  When you have to fly so long to find a fight you get fixated on any red icon you see.

Makes me wish I lived next to the late night driving range just north of me.  I’d of done better going and hitting a bucket.

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2003, 08:56:34 AM »
I recently had 4 days to play while the wifey was out of town....these 4 days brought me the most fun I've had flyin in the past year.

Fights and planesets are good for business....folks actually fight(with a few exceptions) and drive time is at a minimum.

Numbers are still on the small side, but what we had worked well(50-75).

Whatever ingredients are at use with the current map should be given some consideration by HT for the MA....it works for furballin and strat.

Just an old guys opinion.

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
      • http://bellsouthpwp.net/w/o/wotans/4JG53/
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2003, 02:43:01 PM »
FinRus is a great map. Theres also 3 finrus maps summer winter and fall. Same layout but different textures. With paint schemes to match.

The okinawa map is fun, the slot map is fun as well but these maps bring more of the runners and milkers in.

If you could get the ct cms to lock in some standards like min 15-20 troops per field capture, hardened fuel tank and hangers, supply off (down times for objects are like early ah) and no fuggin night time. Maybe add fuel mult to stay at 1. Some say dar and radar need adjusting but they never bothered me.

All that then during the big maps the ct may get decent numbers consistantly. If the folks like to fight then anywhere from 50-100 guys fighting at 2 close fields is damned fun provided there is some parity in the planes set.

Eliminating all pretenses of the silly war winning may attract the fighters in better numbers.

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2003, 10:59:55 PM »
Toughened up fields and more troops for capture would probably do it by itself, as far as attracting a crowd that is more interested in fighting.

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2003, 11:20:14 PM »
The CT has been winning the time from me the last week or so.

Fights are good.
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline BNM

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.christian3x3.com/
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2003, 11:28:39 PM »
Agree with Zipp.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2003, 01:00:06 AM »
Originally posted by Toad
Did the constant non-stop action wear you out?

;)

Blitzkrieg is FUN!! :D
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2003, 08:06:47 AM »
Bigisles is a damn fine map if you ask me. I have never had so many 1 on 1 dogfights. Much less gangbang crap.

Trinity is gangers heaven and i dont like it anymore
AK desert makes me want to log off, such a poor longterm map!
Smaller maps are some good some a bit dull but generally most are too full and degrade into gangbang wars.

Big Isles makes a bloody change!

CT is rocking atm. Axis vs allies is superb flip side to mass MA mix of every type of plane.In MA you get absolutely no idea about how aircrafts worked as groups and wings etc. You rarely have a time where theres not a spitfire or nik or LA7 around to either kill or help you so you never get to feel what fighting with just a group of 109s was like verses either USAAF or VVS RAF planes.

Its great that axis allies is there.

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2003, 08:12:57 AM »
You know what too? I actually attack bases in CT but i never totally destroy the fuel. I try to keep from spoiling any fights developing and some others have done the same. Now thats rare!! :) I wont kill fuel if theres a big ongoing fight nearby.Why spoil it?

(unless of course we deem it necessary to get a base then we level the whole place :) but lately ive just been fighting or attacking cities/factories for jabo fun. You dont have to be constantly on a drive to capture bases to have fun.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2003, 12:00:50 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
If the big maps were a plot to get people into the CT... it worked.
lazs

Not ALL of the people, just some of them.  :p
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2003, 12:38:18 PM »
Well I have had no problem finding fights on this map. The knights were surrounded for allmost the entire weekend. Then when we broke out any number of cv furball were avalible. One of the best I have ever seen lasted for at least 2 hours with as many as 30 planes from each side furballing within a 5 mile radius. Looked like a swarm of bees. My first flight I got gear up leveled out flew for 30 secs to the furball and 2 mins later I was landing 6 kills. A few mins later I was landing 8 kills. Was epic too bad you guys missed it ;{.
Army of Das Muppets     
Member DFC Furballers INC. If you cant piss with big dogs go run with the pack

Offline najdorf

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2003, 01:11:43 PM »
It seems that what we can learn from this is that Lazs was right, closer fields make for better maps and induce more fighting(furballing).  To me the best feature of the Finruss map is short flight times to find a fight.