Author Topic: Robert Novak going to be indicted??  (Read 2135 times)

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
Robert Novak going to be indicted??
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2003, 10:19:35 AM »
Well we should just go ahead and execute Novac, Rove and Bush.  That would make you libs happy right?  Another approach would be to let the investigation happen and see exactly who did what that was wrong/illegal. And then prosecute that person(s).  

Why should Novac be prosecuted anyway?  He's a member of the press, or don't they have freedom anymore?  Or is it only "liberal" press members that have freedom of the press?

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2003, 10:57:25 AM »
Originally posted by Udie
Well we should just go ahead and execute Novac, Rove and Bush.  That would make you libs happy right?  Another approach would be to let the investigation happen and see exactly who did what that was wrong/illegal. And then prosecute that person(s).  

Why should Novac be prosecuted anyway?  He's a member of the press, or don't they have freedom anymore?  Or is it only "liberal" press members that have freedom of the press?

That's right, Udie.  But how much can you print before you start running into the whole National Security issue?

I wonder what the law is concerning this. I imagine Novak was within his right as no one arrested him.

Seems sleazy, but not illegal.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2003, 11:04:00 AM »
I don't think anyone is seriously talking about charging Novak.  Even sleazy conservatives are protected by the 1st Amendment.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2003, 11:05:28 AM »
Yeah I don't know the law on this, but I do know the first amendment :)  How can the press get in trouble if it's some person or persons in the administration that broke the law, elegedly.  I just woke up to this so I know nothing about it.  It sure does stink though from what I've learned so far.  Look like you libs may finally have something to get frothy at the mouth over.  It will be interesting to see if we (conservatives) put the blinders on for this like the libs did with billy boy.  I don't think we will, but ya never know I guess.

wait and see for now.....

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2003, 11:13:00 AM »
k2cok, where you gettin' your info? Wilson himself said this morning that he didn't know if Rove leaked the info or not. He said he was "caught up in the moment" when he made that statement.

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2003, 11:18:17 AM »
Originally posted by Apache
k2cok, where you gettin' your info? Wilson himself said this morning that he didn't know if Rove leaked the info or not. He said he was "caught up in the moment" when he made that statement.

Any chance Wilson's wife is leaning on her Hubby to STFU. Someone threatening her career, perhaps?

*Note: no sarcasm in above statement. Looking for news here*

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2003, 11:18:36 AM »
Originally posted by Apache

It seems odd that Rove would even have access to such information given his role in the Bush White House.  Why would a political strategist possess classified information about undercover CIA agents?  I suppose it's possible if he demanded it for the exact purpose of sticking it to Wilson, but that would leave one hell of a paper trail.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2003, 11:20:18 AM »
Originally posted by muckmaw
Any chance Wilson's wife is leaning on her Hubby to STFU. Someone threatening her career, perhaps?

*Note: no sarcasm in above statement. Looking for news here*

Don't know. To clarify my previous post, here is the statement he made this morning on ABC.

"In one speech I gave out in Seattle not too long ago, I mentioned the name Karl Rove," he said. "I think I was probably carried away by the spirit of the moment. I don't have any knowledge that Karl Rove himself was either the leaker or the authorizer of the leak. But I have great confidence that, at a minimum, he condoned it and certainly did nothing to shut it down."

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2003, 11:21:02 AM »
Originally posted by Dead Man Flying
It seems odd that Rove would even have access to such information given his role in the Bush White House.  Why would a political strategist possess classified information about undercover CIA agents?  I suppose it's possible if he demanded it for the exact purpose of sticking it to Wilson, but that would leave one hell of a paper trail.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Agreed.

Offline Erlkonig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2003, 11:28:03 AM »
Nobody has answered my question.  All Bush has to do is make a couple phone calls to find out who the leakers are, and have them fired.  We don't need an expensive investigation on the part of the Justice department.  What's he trying to hide?

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2003, 11:30:51 AM »
Originally posted by Erlkonig
Nobody has answered my question.  All Bush has to do is make a couple phone calls to find out who the leakers are, and have them fired.  We don't need an expensive investigation on the part of the Justice department.  What's he trying to hide?

well you're so smart and seem to always know the evil intentions of Bush,  why don't you tell us?  -or-  why not just sit back and enjoy the show?  And maybe wait for the facts to come out?

Offline ra

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2003, 11:36:00 AM »
Originally posted by Erlkonig

Are you pretending to believe that if Bush fired someone over this their would then be no investigation?

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2003, 11:39:59 AM »
Originally posted by ra
Are you pretending to believe that if Bush fired someone over this their would then be no investigation?

he'd probably be one of the first calling for impeachment if there were no investigation.

Offline Erlkonig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2003, 11:40:34 AM »
Originally posted by ra

no

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2003, 11:42:48 AM »
The whole story is odd.

1) By default, any ambassador/wife/familly is a CIA agent.  This is simply accepted by everyone.

2) Naming the wife as a CIA agent does not name the operatives.  Either they were not killed, or it was for a different reason.

3) The wife's name being mentioned in a news report is one thing, continuing the whole contreversy through the media is another.

Too much about this doesn't make sense.

MiniD