Author Topic: need some advice about my instructor  (Read 8814 times)

Offline mia389

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
need some advice about my instructor
« on: September 30, 2003, 01:28:20 AM »
Hi all,

Something been really kickin my arse lately. Ive logged about 47 hours in my private pilots course and my checkride is next week. I have alittle problem though. My instructor is a 23 year old women that is engaged. Im starting to fall in love with her, but its not effecting my training "so far". Im going to tell her tomorrow hoping things will be ok but am worried about losing her as an instructor. I think she's feeling something towards me cause she sure flurts alot. Sometimes we will do ground work that is suppose to take an hour but ends up being 4 hours. She only will charge me for the hour though:D She will be my instrutor though my instrument,twin,comercial, and my CFI courses. Think I should ditch her and goto a diff. school or keep her and try to just work through it. I dont have much experiance with women so I need some help on this one. I think she is starting to question her boyfriend too. (wich is good:) ) I could ask for a new instructor if I wanted to, but would be wierd seeing her around the school. I also want her as an instructor cause I love being with her.  I think I would just go somewhere else and act like none of this happened if something got goofy. All this has turned me into an alcholic the last 2 weeks. Anyway Im asking, you think I should keep her as an instructor, and see what the feeling are all about, or get the hell out of here and leave it behind.

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2003, 01:41:21 AM »
AAARRRGGHH!  KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!

Oh sweet jesus, don't say a goldanged thing.  You'll screw up a friendship, mess up your licensing, and in general you'll die of embarrasment.

Whatever you think you're reading, you are WRONG!  Keep telling yourself this right up until she puts her hand down your pants, and then, and ONLY THEN, start to wonder whether or not your original thoughts were correct.

Never say anything.  I swear, I have a friend who has made this mistake MANY TIMES.  I beg of you, just SHUT UP and finish your cert work, then pay them, thank her quietly, and leave.
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline mia389

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2003, 01:59:58 AM »
ruh row,,, hope it aint to late. I sent her a email lastnight that Im sure gave her a hint but actually didnt say it. Can I be slaped now

<<

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2003, 02:08:06 AM »
Show up to your next lesson nude and see if she notices.  By her reaction you'll know without needless embarrasment.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline davidpt40

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2003, 02:32:27 AM »
Mia389, how old are you?

Offline mia389

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2003, 02:40:12 AM »

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2003, 03:12:04 AM »
get the license first.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2003, 03:22:24 AM »
You went a bit hot there, mate. She might just be the flirtatious type. Have you ever arranged to see her outside of the flying lessons? You might be able to spin it into a 'just friends' situation and seen what happened. She might have let her guard down and you could have gauged it from there.

Oh yeah - never, ever send an email proclaiming your undying love or anything daft like that. In fact never ever use email for anything remotely like this. Too easily ignored for a start - ends up looking a bit juvenile from their end.

I hope I'm wrong and good luck! :)
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2003, 03:59:26 AM »
Gee, a flight instructor that flirts with a potencial CFI cash cow student for the school? Unreal!

You better stop thinking your Chuck Yeager, and play Hand Solo to cool yer urges before some large black man that's engaged whips your ass.

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2003, 04:12:51 AM »
Oh dear, looks like you have a bad crush there.
I suggest you finish your test before making a move. But you have to make a move if she doesn't beat you to it. If you don't, it'll always be gnawing you, ,  ,what if and so on.
Good luck !:)
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2003, 05:31:42 AM »
LOL!!!!
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline Habu

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2003, 06:17:08 AM »
Listen to these guys they know. Let her decide if she wants to take it to the next level. Enjoy her attention while you have it. You are getting extra mentoring for free. That alone is reason enough not to blow it.

There is an old saying (I forget exactly what it is as I am not that old) that goes something like:

A smart dog does not cheese on his master's doorstep.

Offline Modas

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cutthroats.com
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2003, 07:41:26 AM »
Good Lord Dude...

I agree with all above.   Keep your mouth shut.  If she's seriously interested, let her make the first move...

To many nutcase boyfriends out there with firearms.....

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2003, 08:03:00 AM »
Any skin?

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2003, 08:03:42 AM »
Originally posted by capt. apathy
get the license first.

I agree.  With the license, you can get more chicks.