Author Topic: Holier Than Thou  (Read 2063 times)

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
Holier Than Thou
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2003, 11:19:13 PM »
how come the only people who DONT seem to be offended are regular catholics???

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Holier Than Thou
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2003, 12:35:52 AM »
Originally posted by FUNKED1
I guess I'll get to work on my "AK-Toting Imam" sculpture, I'm sure you guys won't mind that either.

Originally posted by Mini D
But then... I'm sure you'd be arguing the same thing if it were a statue of a blackman being hung from a tree while other black men circled around below wearing KKK outfits and the thing were titled "uncle tom".  That wouldn't really raise a stink.

MiniD

Originally posted by lazs2
cool.... so we can all put out our black lawn jockey statues again?
lazs

Jeez.. yeah, I've been tipping today (Guest in a corporate box at my first ever Nascar race.... well, at least I got to drink free..) so maybe my funnybone is more sensitive than usual BUT

These three had me howlin' till tears of laughter ran down my cheeks.

I'm not far from Washburn and for a penny-ante University, they've always thought they were something special.

Tell ya what.. let's do these three ideas in paper maiche and take them up to Washburn's courtyard. We'll call a newsie or two and drag them along when we set up our "art show".

When Washburn freaks, I'm sure the ACLU will rush to our defense.

Gotta love that PC cr p. It's only offensive if WE say it's offensive. No one else can judge.

I guess I'm racist for thinking those above statements were hugely funny, right?

:rofl

BTW, I don't give a fig what Washburn uses for lawn art, although Pink Flamingos are just about their true speed.

I just think the rife hypocrisy is too good. Just too good.

BTW, Funk.. make sure the Imam is at least waist up... you'll want to show the Martyr Vest of dynamite and all....
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline bigsky

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Holier Than Thou
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2003, 12:45:45 AM »
it looks like something i wouldnt mind my dog taking a piss on.
"I am moist like bacon"

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
Holier Than Thou
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2003, 12:52:30 AM »
Originally posted by Nash
I saw it as a statement about the fondness some priests have for the dicks belonging to little kids that we've been hearing about all year.

Then surely you all or the ACLU won't mind my upcoming sculpture depicting the fondness that some african americans have for watermelon and fried chicken that we've been hearing about for the last 150 years?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2003, 12:59:38 AM by FUNKED1 »

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
Holier Than Thou
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2003, 12:55:14 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
cool.... so we can all put out our black lawn jockey statues again?
lazs

w3rd
I think we can also break out the watermelon-totin-negro pistol range targets.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Holier Than Thou
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2003, 01:05:46 AM »
Originally posted by Sandman_SBM
Well... you don't put the ten commandments out in front of the courthouse for Constitutional reasons and you don't put this sculpture because satire really isn't welcome at court. :)

Whoops ... too late ... you done went and got stupid on me. ;)

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Holier Than Thou
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2003, 01:41:49 AM »
Originally posted by Arlo
Whoops ... too late ... you done went and got stupid on me. ;)

I had nothing to do with it... Take it up with the Supreme Court.
sand

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
Holier Than Thou
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2003, 01:54:19 AM »
And now.. a quote from our sculptor:  "Art's subjective, that's why it makes the world go around,"

Why is it most "artists" tend to take themselves and thier vocation WAY WAY WAY too seriously?  Could it be that nobody else does? :rofl
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Holier Than Thou
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2003, 02:12:47 AM »
I had nothing to do with it... Take it up with the Supreme Court.

Freedom's freedom, dude ... don't go squawking how your's is more important than mine. If you're free to crap on the street in front of my house ... then I'm free to crap in front of yours. And whatever precident set in the courts of our fair land that you think is hunky-dory for your own ends might well come back to bite you in your own end. So while you hummm and haaaa and start up with the "exceptions to the rule" stuff ... just remember ... everyone has a built-in bs meter. :D

You're welcome. No charge for the unsolicited advice. ;)

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Holier Than Thou
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2003, 02:16:24 AM »
Freedom's freedom, dude ... don't go squawking how your's is more important than mine. If you're free to crap on the street in front of my house ... then I'm free to crap in front of yours. And whatever precident set in the courts of our fair land that you think is hunky-dory for your own ends might well come back to bite you in your own end. So while you hummm and haaaa and start up with the "exceptions to the rule" stuff ... just remember ... everyone has a built-in bs meter. :D

You're welcome. No charge for the unsolicited advice. ;)

Apparently, you've just graduated the Grunherz school for arguing both sides of a discussion.

Don't let me get in your way... I'm just an observer.
sand

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Holier Than Thou
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2003, 02:31:10 AM »
Apparently, you've just graduated the Grunherz school for arguing both sides of a discussion.

Don't let me get in your way... I'm just an observer.

How you come up with that convoluted bit of tripe over my asserting that freedom cuts both ways is kinda entertaining ... in a slapstick buffoonish sorta way. I guess some people want to interpret the law to protect them from the freedoms of others while making sure it gives them the freedom to act outright imbecilic. ShruG ... such is the world we live in today. Listen .. it's simple ... you may want to have it both ways .... but you're not gonna get it. So learn to choose your fights more wisely. Freedom came at a high price so it's pretty damned easy to give away on the street, yaknow. :D

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Holier Than Thou
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2003, 02:33:06 AM »
Originally posted by FUNKED1
Then surely you all or the ACLU won't mind my upcoming sculpture depicting the fondness that some african americans have for watermelon and fried chicken that we've been hearing about for the last 150 years?

I don't know about the ACLU, but if your work of art is reasonably priced I'll purchase one for my mantle...rather than a standard african american (you PC pansy!), could you make it a guy in blackface with the big white lips?!  And maybe he could be chasing after a white woman too!

I thought at first that you weren't the artsy fartsy type, you being an engineer and all, but I was wrong!  :D

BTW...I just went to an art show that featured art from a friend of my sister.  It was about racial stereotypes from her perspective as a black woman...one of the works had the words, "Negro Vagina".  (replace both words with something more colorful http://www.rent-a-negro.com ...it's kinda funny  :)
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Holier Than Thou
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2003, 02:35:49 AM »
How you come up with that convoluted bit of tripe over my asserting that freedom cuts both ways is kinda entertaining ... in a slapstick buffoonish sorta way. I guess some people want to interpret the law to protect them from the freedoms of others while making sure it gives them the freedom to act outright imbecilic. ShruG ... such is the world we live in today. Listen .. it's simple ... you may want to have it both ways .... but you're not gonna get it. So learn to choose your fights more wisely. Freedom came at a high price so it's pretty damned easy to give away on the street, yaknow. :D

I have absolutely no idea what your talking about.
sand

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Holier Than Thou
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2003, 02:40:15 AM »
Don't worry...neither does he.
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Holier Than Thou
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2003, 02:42:59 AM »
Originally posted by SOB
Don't worry...neither does he.

Thank you, SOB. I was beginning to wonder.
sand