Author Topic: Holier Than Thou  (Read 2062 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Holier Than Thou
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2003, 02:43:31 AM »
Originally posted by Sandman_SBM
I have absolutely no idea what your talking about.

Which doesn't surprise me in the least.

First move was Bishop's dickhat to public courtyard followed by Ten Commandments monument to front of courthouse to which you attempted to counter with "this good/that bad" flawed logic where I countered with "freedom's freedom, it'll end up all or nuthin at this rate" where you passed so I took your queen now you're staring at the board.

Now you should be caught up. :D

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Holier Than Thou
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2003, 02:44:28 AM »
Originally posted by SOB
Don't worry...neither does he.

You need to get over your third-person thang, bro. ;0)

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Holier Than Thou
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2003, 02:46:37 AM »
SOB thinks you need to go sleep off the booze.
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Holier Than Thou
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2003, 02:48:23 AM »
Originally posted by SOB
SOB thinks you need to go sleep off the booze.

Got two words into that and realized how wrong you were. :D

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Holier Than Thou
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2003, 02:50:36 AM »
Originally posted by Arlo
Which doesn't surprise me in the least.

First move was Bishop's dickhat to public courtyard followed by Ten Commandments monument to front of courthouse to which you attempted to counter with "this good/that bad" flawed logic where I countered with "freedom's freedom, it'll end up all or nuthin at this rate" where you passed so I took your queen now you're staring at the board.

Now you should be caught up. :D

Sandman is rather certain that he made no judgement good or bad. He simply noted the court's position on such things. The court will support your right to display satirical art at a private school, but will not allow you to display a christian monument in front of a public courthouse.

Maybe you should back up and re-read it.
sand

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Holier Than Thou
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2003, 03:01:46 AM »
Sandman is rather certain that he made no judgement good or bad. He simply noted the court's position on such things. The court will support your right to display satirical art at a private school, but will not allow you to display a christian monument in front of a public courthouse.

Maybe you should back up and re-read it.

The court made a ruling that has more repercussions than just the Ten Commandments monument. Sandman posted this ... and then Sandman challenged any and all who have voiced their personal objection to it so far (which, whether you want to play yourself off as a "neutral observer or not, puts you in the "support" camp). I supported the freedom to display it as well and challenged you to see exactly how open-minded you were in that regard. Now Sandman is all of a sudden a "neutral observer" again. Convenience must be Sandman's middle name.

Here's to you "neutral pot-stirrers." (raises glass) :D

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
Holier Than Thou
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2003, 03:08:06 AM »
well isn't this just poopy.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Holier Than Thou
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2003, 03:08:38 AM »
Originally posted by Arlo
The court made a ruling that has more repercussions than just the Ten Commandments monument. Sandman posted this ... and then Sandman challenged any and all who have voiced their personal objection to it so far (which, whether you want to play yourself off as a "neutral observer or not, puts you in the "support" camp). I supported the freedom to display it as well and challenged you to see exactly how open-minded you were in that regard. Now Sandman is all of a sudden a "neutral observer" again. Convenience must be Sandman's middle name.

Here's to you "neutral pot-stirrers." (raises glass) :D

Sandman sure says a lot with few words.

Sandman thinks someone forgot thier meds.
sand

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Holier Than Thou
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2003, 03:31:39 AM »
Winston Churchill with a noodle on his head.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Holier Than Thou
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2003, 04:21:23 AM »
Originally posted by FUNKED1
Then surely you all or the ACLU won't mind my upcoming sculpture depicting the fondness that some african americans have for watermelon and fried chicken that we've been hearing about for the last 150 years?

Meh... Tired concept. It's been done to death.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Holier Than Thou
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2003, 08:14:40 AM »
Sandman sure says a lot with few words.

Sandman thinks someone forgot thier meds.

Sandman is sandbagging. :D

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
Holier Than Thou
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2003, 10:00:14 AM »
wow....its just art. Do we ban everything we dont like or agree to? Is that freedom?
Get a grip.
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
RTR
The Damned

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Holier Than Thou
« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2003, 10:07:30 AM »
so it would be Ok if that school had a bronze black pimp with gold chains and drugs in one hand and cash in the other... standing on a pile of children who had been shot?
lazs

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Holier Than Thou
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2003, 10:19:09 AM »
Sure ... why not? Another social commentary in bronze or some other substance. Those offended are given permission to not ogle it ... maybe their money back as well.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Holier Than Thou
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2003, 11:15:20 AM »
I assume Lazs that your last reply is to me in an attempt to contemporize funked's black stereotype?

Is it okay? What do you think the answer to that is? I highly doubt it, yet the bronze dick-Bishop obviously was...

I'm not sure the comparison is a good one... maybe, but... Unfair? It sounds like we need to break out a bag of cookies and milk, sit some of us down and have a grown-ups talk about how sometimes, life just isn't fair. :D

I wonder if there's any art that the conservative types actually like... and why we only hear from them when they have something negative to say about it. I mean, not only is it offensive, but "That thing cost us taxpayers HOW MUCH? My KID could do that! Why, it's an OUTRAGE!" I reckon it sounds to people like me alot like the "librahls" sound to them when they say "guns are bad!" and "War is mean"...  Kind of silly I'm guessing.

It's sort of like... if the extent of your commentary consists of pointing at it every now and then and saying how much it bothers you, then you really aren't considered... uhm... yeah, considered. Again, I'm sure it's exactly how the gun arguments sound to you. And uh... the beat goes on... lada lada lay