Author Topic: Needs to be said about Bush & Iraq  (Read 3577 times)

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
Needs to be said about Bush & Iraq
« Reply #75 on: October 07, 2003, 03:35:37 PM »
Originally posted by k2cok
From your second link Krusher:

Mr Bush: WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?

I guess this kid is right based on that articles logic?

After all, the Bush family has ties to bin Laden going back 25 years.

This shed some light for me...I feel sorry for you.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: October 07, 2003, 03:37:42 PM »
Gettin' deperate now, obviously.

Jeez... that's the best he do?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline k2cok

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #77 on: October 07, 2003, 04:06:18 PM »
No more desperate than Krusher was to post that link, I'm just showing how easy it is to turn the same type of argument against Bush.

Those who try to whitewash Bush's record don't dispute this evidence; they just ignore it. So let's review the evidence, all of it on the public record for months or years:

Is it true that the Bin Ladens have had business relations with Bush and family off and on for the past 25 years?

Most Americans might be surprised to learn that you and your father have known the Bin Ladens for a long time. What, exactly, is the extent of this relationship, Mr Bush? Are you close personal friends, or simply on-again, off-again business associates? Salem bin Laden - Osama's brother - first started coming to Texas in 1973 and later bought some land, built himself a house, and created Bin Laden Aviation at the San Antonio airfield.

After leaving office, your father became a highly paid consultant for a company known as the Carlyle Group - one of the nation's largest defence contractors. One of the investors in the Carlyle Group - to the tune of at least $2m - was none other than the Bin Laden family. Until 1994, you headed a company called CaterAir, which was owned by the Carlyle Group.

After September 11, the Washington Post and the Wall Street Journal both ran stories pointing out this connection. Your first response, Mr Bush, was to ignore it. Then your army of pundits went into spin control. They said, we can't paint these Bin Ladens with the same brush we use for Osama. They have disowned Osama! They have nothing to do with him! These are the good Bin Ladens.

And then the video footage came out. It showed a number of these "good" Bin Ladens - including Osama's mother, a sister and two brothers - with Osama at his son's wedding just six and a half months before September 11. It was no secret to the CIA that Osama bin Laden had access to his family fortune (his share is estimated to be at least $30m), and the Bin Ladens, as well as other Saudis, kept Osama and his group, al-Qaida, well funded.

Using the same tortured circular logic as in krushers link it's clear that Bush is an al-Queda operative.  :rolleyes:

In the end the backpedaling and obfuscating by the right wing will still not be able to disguise the fact that Bush lied to us about the reasons for war with Iraq.

Just what was the "imminent threat" posed by Saddam?

I don't see it anywhere in Kays report.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: October 07, 2003, 04:39:44 PM »
As Kay pointed out, he's not done yet.

Puzzle on that a while.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline k2cok

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #79 on: October 07, 2003, 04:51:57 PM »
Puzzle over this Toad:

Main Entry: im·mi·nent
Pronunciation: 'i-m&-n&nt
Function: adjective
Etymology: Latin imminent-, imminens, present participle of imminEre to project, threaten, from in- + -minEre (akin to Latin mont-, mons mountain) -- more at MOUNT
Date: 1528

ready to take place; especially : hanging threateningly over one's head

Main Entry: 1threat
Pronunciation: 'thret
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English thret coercion, threat, from Old English thrEat coercion; akin to Middle High German drOz annoyance, Latin trudere to push, thrust
Date: before 12th century

1 : an expression of intention to inflict evil, injury, or damage
2 : one that threatens
3 : an indication of something impending

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
« Reply #80 on: October 07, 2003, 05:13:13 PM »
Still haven't fixed your flag, putz-Stars to the LEFT.

Offline strk

• Nickel Member
« Reply #81 on: October 07, 2003, 05:15:21 PM »
This weekend was a jolt I needed to remember how vile the left is and that they will go to NO end to win victory to get their power back.

glad to see you finding justification for your prejudice!  A real growing experience.

It seems that you guys are all in a tizzy about the lack of reporting of this matter in the "liberal press"

here is an EDITORIAL from the washington post on Sunday
Mr. Kay's report contains powerful evidence that significant illegal weapons programs were not discovered by U.N. inspectors and that Saddam Hussein was aggressively violating U.N. Resolution 1441

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A45278-2003Oct4.html

here is COlin Powells own take on it
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A53173-2003Oct6.html

here is another one
Kay states that while no ready-to-use weapons have been found, Iraq is a big country and many depots and other locations are yet to be inspected. However, the Kay report does list evidence of continuing research and development (though not production) in each weapon category. It also describes activities and equipment that Iraq failed to declare to the United Nations and that were not discovered by the inspectors.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A48562-2003Oct5.html

The freakin NY TImes has a story on Bush's take of the report
http://www.nytimes.com/2003/10/04/politics/04WEAP.html

and the LA times has 2 stories on it, but Im not subscribing to either of them just to post stuf here.  

what vile liberal scum, to report the news like that!  This research took abot 2 minutes on Google, yet you popped off with an assumption before even looking into it.  Even the zoo monkey would have checked first, although it might have taken him longer.  sheesh

strk

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #82 on: October 07, 2003, 05:23:54 PM »
^ strky,  how bout put the whole quote of what I said up huh? :)

^ Personal attacks and cartoons, but definitely NOTHING of any substance what so ever. This weekend was a jolt I needed to remember how vile the left is and that they will go to NO end to win victory to get their power back. LA Times..... Greyout Davis - watched part of an interview with him yesterday. At the beginning of the interview he said he would comment on the LA Times story about Swartz. By the end of the interview all he was talking about were the allogations against the Swartz. They offer nothing but venom.....

It had little to do with the Kay report, though it was part of my thought.  It had more to do with everything I saw last weekend, and last week, from the left.  The Rush thing, the Kay report (and just because you post stories from 2 papers doesn't mean you've refuted my point) and then the Swartz thing and greyout davis himself.  Reminded me exactly how vile the left is and will do just about anything to get back in power.  It also had a lot to do with the 'debating' tactics used by you leftist here on this UBB.  Cartoons and personal attacks.....

I stand by my statement.

[edit] missed this part of your post....

what vile liberal scum, to report the news like that! This research took abot 2 minutes on Google, yet you popped off with an assumption before even looking into it. Even the zoo monkey would have checked first, although it might have taken him longer. sheesh

:rofl looks like you were the one popping off with an ASSumption.   How'd you do in reading comprehension?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2003, 05:28:48 PM by Udie »

Offline Preon1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #83 on: October 07, 2003, 05:59:24 PM »
Originally posted by Sabre
...debunked by others more eloquent and informed than I.

Sabre.  Few are as well informed or eloquent as you are.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: October 07, 2003, 06:13:02 PM »
Originally posted by k2cok
ready to take place; especially : hanging threateningly over one's head

Hilarious being given dictionary quotes by one who can obviously read but then can't comprehend.

Here, read this again then think about it as long as you like. Feel free to keep posting, even before you finally understand what the guy said. It's entertaining.

KAY:

For example, there are approximately 130 known Iraqi Ammunition Storage Points (ASP), many of which exceed 50 square miles in size and hold an estimated 600,000 tons of artillery shells, rockets, aviation bombs and other ordinance. Of these 130 ASPs, approximately 120 still remain unexamined.

Now, just to be helpful...

There is at this time no proof that there was not an "imminent threat" simply because of facts like the one posted above.

It's going to take more time. Anyone with any sort of adult approach to the subject realizes that.

Now, in time these places will be searched and others like them. And if nothing is found, THAT would be the moment to mount your soapbox and spew forth like you're doing prematurely right now.

Of course, in time WMD may well be found and proof of an "imminent threat" would be undeniable. In that event, you'll look even..... less intelligent...... than you do right now.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2003, 06:15:07 PM by Toad »

Offline strk

• Nickel Member
« Reply #85 on: October 07, 2003, 07:54:12 PM »
and just because you post stories from 2 papers doesn't mean you've refuted my point

well, it kinda does.  you have some evidence?

sorry if I misundrstood what you meant and you got in the way of my axe grinding.  I did make an assumption that you were discussing the thread topic but I will take you at your word and offer this apology

you are still wrong about everything though :)

strk

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: October 07, 2003, 08:43:48 PM »
I still think the democrats need to invite Sadam hussein into there party....since he was such a swell guy that we did not need to go to war with obviously they should embrace him with "open arms" (cue the journey music)

k2cok
Most Americans might be surprised to learn that you and your father have known the Bin Ladens for a long time. What, exactly, is the extent of this relationship, Mr Bush? Are you close personal friends, or simply on-again, off-again business associates? Salem bin Laden - Osama's brother - first started coming to Texas in 1973 and later bought some land, built himself a house, and created Bin Laden Aviation at the San Antonio airfield.

but, osama himself never came to texas nor did any of these companies meet with osama HIMSELF.  And please correct me if I'm wrong isnt the bin laden family HUGE and isnt osama considered mostly the astranged or outcasted one?

is that a picture of you wearing the Tshirt...if so i'm gonna shut up right now (youth is waisted on the young)

(end journey music)

ps change your flag avitar...it is disrespectfull to display it incorrectly....if your gonna run it upside down do it the right way
« Last Edit: October 07, 2003, 08:46:15 PM by Gunslinger »

Offline Snork

• Copper Member
Re: and ..
« Reply #87 on: October 07, 2003, 09:07:28 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler

unless they find filled 55 gallon drums labeled "SADDAM"S WMD HERE!" in 24" letters - they dems won't know they found "it" [/B]

And if they actually found something meaningful the conservatives would be dancing in the street.
Flying as Noser

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: and ..
« Reply #88 on: October 07, 2003, 11:36:50 PM »
Originally posted by Snork
And if they actually found something meaningful the conservatives would be dancing in the street.

More like dancing on the grave of the Democratic party. ;)
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline mrblack

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #89 on: October 08, 2003, 01:39:01 AM »
I think the main question has to be Is what we did in Iraq worth all the American lives It took to do it?
I voted for Bush But I must say that I do not believe that the people of the middle east are worth one single American live for anything NOT ONE THING!!
As far as I am concerned They can all kill eachother and starve to death.
There all Idiots that cant reasone and Have no respect for Human life.
And Now look at all the Billions being spent to rebuild the silly country !!
And do you see the jerks there! screaming Americans GO HOME!! we dont want you here!.
Fine we should come home and never go back.
And never send One red cent there way again.:mad: :mad: