Author Topic: Needs to be said about Bush & Iraq  (Read 3578 times)

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
Needs to be said about Bush & Iraq
« Reply #90 on: October 08, 2003, 02:04:37 AM »
Originally posted by k2cok
Doesn't change the fact that Bush looked into the cameras and lied to us.

lie    ( P )  
n.
A false statement deliberately presented as being true; a falsehood.
Something meant to deceive or give a wrong impression.

v. lied, ly·ing, (lng) lies
v. intr.
To present false information with the intention of deceiving.
To convey a false image or impression: Appearances often lie.

v. tr.
To cause to be in a specific condition or affect in a specific way by telling falsehoods: You have lied yourself into trouble.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

mis·guid·ed
adj.
Based or acting on error; misled: well-intentioned but misguided efforts; misguided do-gooders.

Do a google for CIA/Cabinet information/actions if you don't get it.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2003, 02:51:37 AM by Tumor »
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #91 on: October 08, 2003, 02:40:53 AM »
Funny, the flag flying from the pole in my yard is displayed upside down.

When my neighbors asked about it I told them what it signified-they all agreed with me.

I do not want to be admired by scumbags and liars and wife beaters. I want to be admired by good and decent, intelligent and just people, and in order to achieve this I need to do things that make me despised by their opposites.

So keep on spinning Iron, it's what you do best-welcome to my ignore list.

------------------------------------------------

USC Title 4

Sec. 8. — Respect for flag
No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor.

The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property

---------------------------------------------------------

You are in error.  You are abusing the flag, and that is a fact. Displaying the flag with the union down has a purpose, and your "agenda" does not qualify.  

Spin?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2003, 10:08:27 AM by Tumor »

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #92 on: October 08, 2003, 02:49:47 AM »
Originally posted by Toad

Of course, in time WMD may well be found and proof of an "imminent threat" would be undeniable. In that event, you'll look even..... less intelligent...... than you do right now.

Hey Toad... just for giggles, show k2(can't properly display the flag)cok where Bush used the words "imminent threat".
« Last Edit: October 08, 2003, 02:53:23 AM by Tumor »

Offline Snork

• Copper Member
« Reply #93 on: October 08, 2003, 06:52:42 AM »
Originally posted by Udie
YOU PEOPLE ARE ARGUING WITH A MORON.  

A shocking confession, but your honesty is commendable.
Flying as Noser

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #94 on: October 08, 2003, 09:05:31 AM »
Originally posted by Snork
A shocking confession, but your honesty is commendable.

whew!  I'm humbled by your searing wit!

NOT....

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #95 on: October 08, 2003, 10:12:47 AM »

No, I'm not a weasel,....

OMG!!... we've been hornschwaggled! lol  It's all coming clear now. :rofl

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: October 08, 2003, 05:12:03 PM »
Iraq had WMD.

umm read the kay report

Iraq's stockpile of WMD was large

again read the kay report

Iraq's WMD was battlefield ready

ever hear of a scud...or the ability to move it and WMDs...do you think this is at all possible.

AGAIN just invite Sadam to join the democratic party (cue the journey music) with "open arms"

cause he was just a swell guy.  He was a good neighbor and a heart felt humanitarian

(end music):D

Offline strk

• Nickel Member
« Reply #97 on: October 08, 2003, 05:20:10 PM »
He was a good neighbor and a heart felt humanitarian

IMHO saddam's atrocities were enough reason to go in there and take control.  I dont think that Bush would have gone in there for that reason though.  

And it does create a slippery slope.  Were next?  China? Saudi?  France?

strk

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #98 on: October 08, 2003, 06:34:03 PM »
weasel was banned from the AH UBB?  LOL thats funny!  Best news I have had today.  I need to get out more often.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #99 on: October 08, 2003, 10:15:03 PM »
Irrelevant. The USA did not go to war because Hussein was a monster.

umm yea we did....i've heard several mentions of torture and oppression as well as WMD

I have. It offered no conclusions except; no illicit weapons found so far.

from KAY himself:

In fact, I'm sort of amazed at what was powerful information about both their intent and their actual activities that were not known and were hidden from U.N. inspectors seems not to have made it to the press. This is information that, had it been available last year, would have been headline news

Well, we have found right now — and we're still finding them — over two dozen laboratories that were hidden in the Iraqi intelligence service, the Mukhabarat, were not declared to the U.N., had prohibited equipment, and carried on activities that should have been declared.

This is typical. We now have three cases in which scientists have come forward with equipment, technology, diagrams, documents and, in this case, actual weapons material, reference strains and Botulinum toxin, that they were told to hide and that the U.N. didn't find.

if these arnt illicit well than why cant i buy them on ebay

When's the last time Iraq used a Scud? Have any Scuds
been found?

1991...yes we found several burried in the desert.  He aslo used several missles during the invasion that could have carried a payload of significant amount of deadly toxins that far exceeded UN limits

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #100 on: October 08, 2003, 11:56:06 PM »
Specifically, from Kay's report:

ISG has discovered evidence of two primary cruise missile programs. The first appears to have been successfully implemented, whereas the second had not yet reached maturity at the time of OIF.

The first involved upgrades to the HY-2 coastal-defense cruise missile. ISG has developed multiple sources of testimony, which is corroborated in part by a captured document, that Iraq undertook a program aimed at increasing the HY-2's range and permitting its use as a land-attack missile.

These efforts extended the HY-2's range from its original 100km to 150-180km. Ten modified missiles were delivered to the military prior to OIF and two of these were fired from Umm Qasr during OIF -- one was shot down and one hit Kuwait.

In addition to the activities detailed here on Iraq's attempts to develop delivery systems beyond the permitted UN 150km,

Specifically.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Erlkonig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #101 on: October 09, 2003, 12:58:06 AM »
These efforts extended the HY-2's range from its original 100km to 150-180km.

30km is a rather unspecific window, especially for one whose lower bound is the maximum permitted.  Why didn't he just say that it had a range beyond the UN allowance, rather than qualify it in this vague manner?

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #102 on: October 09, 2003, 01:10:36 AM »
We havnt found any yet, but those missles question could be converted to a different warhead AND there range exceeded the UN limit.  

Look, Its a big destert out there and i just think its silly that people think Sadam had all these labs but wasnt producing.  I think it is even more foolish to beleive he is just going to leave them were they are when he knows full well US troops are coming.  

As for tryants:

we've gone after several in history.  unfortunatly I dont have time right now to post them (shift change)

Will follow up on a later date

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #103 on: October 09, 2003, 07:02:37 AM »
Well, Lawyer Daggett, you may or may not have found a loophole that your client might have squeezed through.

I'm sure not going to search all the UN resolutions against Iraq looking for ballistic vs cruise distinctions.

Why not?

Seems pretty clear what the UN intent was though. It was to restrict Iraq from being able to strike with missiles with a range greater than 150km.

And, since it made the Kay report in the fashion it did, one would seem there are others that hold that opinion as well.

Oh, and lastly, again from Kay:

2. In the delivery systems area there were already well advanced, but undeclared, on-going activities that, if OIF had not intervened, would have resulted in the production of missiles with ranges at least up to 1000 km, well in excess of the UN permitted range of 150 km. These missile activities were supported by a serious clandestine procurement program about which we have much still to learn.

Looks like somebody didn't give a hoot about UN Resolutions.........
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #104 on: October 09, 2003, 08:56:39 AM »
Puzzle over this Toad:

Main Entry: im·mi·nent
Pronunciation: 'i-m&-n&nt
Function: adjective
Etymology: Latin imminent-, imminens, present participle of imminEre to project, threaten, from in- + -minEre (akin to Latin mont-, mons mountain) -- more at MOUNT
Date: 1528

ready to take place; especially : hanging threateningly over one's head

Main Entry: 1threat
Pronunciation: 'thret
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English thret coercion, threat, from Old English thrEat coercion; akin to Middle High German drOz annoyance, Latin trudere to push, thrust
Date: before 12th century

1 : an expression of intention to inflict evil, injury, or damage
2 : one that threatens
3 : an indication of something impending

Were we under an imminent threat on Sept. 10th?

You appear to be a bitter and hateful person, just like some others on this board.