Author Topic: AH has the Meteor?  (Read 1808 times)

Offline udet

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.angelfire.com/nd/mihaipruna/dogfight.html
AH has the Meteor?
« on: October 09, 2003, 04:27:14 PM »
what's up with that commercial about Kadesh 1956??!?!?!:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Offline Dennis

• Nickel Member
Re: AH has the Meteor?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2003, 04:33:05 PM »
Originally posted by udet
what's up with that commercial about Kadesh 1956??!?!?!:confused:

The sort of thing we're all too familiar with in the CT because of holes in the planeset:  Substitution, substitution, substitution.

Can you say me262 v me262?

Nevertheless ... might be ok if you're into jets.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Splash1
« Last Edit: October 09, 2003, 04:35:47 PM by Dennis »

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
AH has the Meteor?
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2003, 11:02:13 AM »
Yea, I got hook, lined and such too...so I waited and clicked the ad/link...got as far as "substitute" and closed the page.

Don't feel like playing "pretend your airplane is this"...I'll wait til we have a Meteor  :)

Offline snocone

• Copper Member
AH has the Meteor?
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2003, 11:16:26 AM »
i dont feel like flying jets. this is why i fly a WWII sim. go figure.

Offline Grimm

• Silver Member
AH has the Meteor?
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2003, 11:50:13 AM »
Come on Guys,   Dont be too hard on the Scenario Corps.

This Should be alot of Fun for those that want to fly it.  

Remember,  Its all volenteers trying to add to your Aces High experience.    The are working with what they have to bring you some variety.    

I think it might be a hoot, Plus they might have custom skins in the terain to make it look better   :)

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
AH has the Meteor?
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2003, 11:59:22 AM »
I'm not knocking it...and by all means, have a good time.  I'm sure they have worked hard, yada yada yada...I don't think anyone has said otherwise.

Offline MaddDog

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
my question
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2003, 12:20:48 PM »
Correct me if im wrong now cuz im not sure but, Kadesh 1956? Isnt that about 11 years after ww2 combat? If this is so guess we cant say this is JUST a ww2 flight sim, anything could happen here, IMO if this is so, id rather see planes that almost made the war then battles that happend 10 years after it, but im not sure about it all, so if im wrong then looks like it might be a fun scenerio.:confused:

Offline MaddDog

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
wow, just saw this
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2003, 12:26:21 PM »
There will be first time in AH scenario rescue mission.Any bailed pilot will be able to get home. Rescue plane will get to him and bring home.

Why cant we have this now in the MA play? Thats something ive heard alota people saying they want.

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
AH has the Meteor?
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2003, 01:55:58 PM »
Ok

I'm desigener of Kadesh Scenario. Yes it is Post WWII. Why not? All of you flying at MA with mixed planset of all countries 109 ocers B17 and Mustang fights Thunderbolt is it looks like WW2 - not.
This is scenario that moves us to some different era. The things you do not know.

About planset all the planes are historical Meteor, Il-28, Mustang, Mosquito, B-17, F4U-4. Yes 262 was reskinned as Meteor (they quite similar planes in their perfomances. Il-28 close to Ar234). So what Ju88 was reskinned as Japan plane in Operation Isberg. That is usual thing that all of you must be familiar. Meteor vs Meteor - yes it was all countries involved in confict had operational Meteor - Egypt, Britan and Israel - yes it looks strange but it was.

What it opens:
  • First Jet vs Jet expirience - have you ever fight 262 vs 262 - it is really imazing!
  • Rescue mission - that thin had never done before
  • Trying to represent something different from well known WWII. Enen that AH is WW2 sim. But if it usefull for other times - why not?
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel

Offline Zanth

• Silver Member
      • http://www.a-26legacy.org/photo.htm
Re: wow, just saw this
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2003, 02:19:48 PM »
Originally posted by MaddDog
Why cant we have this now in the MA play? Thats something ive heard alota people saying they want.

Then we could kill the rescue plane and shoot the chute too?  Cool! :)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: my question
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2003, 02:32:02 PM »
Originally posted by MaddDog
Correct me if im wrong now cuz im not sure but, Kadesh 1956? Isnt that about 11 years after ww2 combat? If this is so guess we cant say this is JUST a ww2 flight sim, anything could happen here, IMO if this is so, id rather see planes that almost made the war then battles that happend 10 years after it, but im not sure about it all, so if im wrong then looks like it might be a fun scenerio.:confused:

One of the Scenarios we were working on before Airwarrior died was the Soccer War between Honduras and El Salvador in 1969 that involved their Air Forces made up of A26s, P51Ds and F4Us.  The opening bombing raid was made by a modified C47.

We thought it would be about as even as it could be since both sides had the same rides.

Point being, WW2 aircraft were flying combat long after the 39-45 timeframe :)

Dan/Slack
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
Re: Re: wow, just saw this
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2003, 02:37:15 PM »
Originally posted by Zanth
Then we could kill the rescue plane and shoot the chute too?  Cool! :)

No you will not be able shoot chutes it is forbidden by Zeneva Convention. :lol that is for all who shootes chutes!
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel

Offline Hening

• Nickel Member
      • http://members.axion.net/~glenb/main.html
AH has the Meteor?
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2003, 04:24:34 PM »
When you're a jet you're a jet all the way,
 from ME262 to the Meteor..yay!!!!

Hey LePaul..chill out.  Summer is only about a year away up there.  Them Bangor pilots get wicked grumpy in October when there's only sunlight for two or three hour :rofl

Your coffee and polka pal......

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
AH has the Meteor?
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2003, 04:55:25 PM »
Yes, the next scenario is well after WW2;  if you don't like the idea, then there is no need to sign up for it.  However, one of the best scenarios I ever took part in was Korea51 in AW.  I was apprehensive at first, but it ended up most enjoyable, and I don't see why Kadesh can't be just as much fun as that was.  Yes there will be substitutions, but does it really matter?  :)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline mrblack

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
AH has the Meteor?
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2003, 05:08:19 PM »
Looks Like fun.
Gald to see that there some people that take the time to make this game a little more fun for us all THX:D