Author Topic: Rush admits pain killer addiction  (Read 2452 times)

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Rush admits pain killer addiction
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2003, 03:57:33 PM »
I hope he kicks the habit, so he can be a sober idiot.
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2003, 04:00:09 PM »
Limbaughs dialogue is suffering because the repubs are in power and he has little to b*tch about.  He is at his best and most efficent when liberals are in power and all morality is challenged.

As for pain killers, been there done that.  If I had his wealth I would probably be addicted to em too as I have chronic back pain.  Love that percocit.  Wonderful narcotic.  Had a wonderful dose of narcotics last year due to pain caused from fractured sternum sustained in a car accident.  I can definately see where Percocit could easily become addictive long after the pain is gone.

erlkonig I agree, if he has broken the law he should suffer the consequences like any other.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Lance

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2003, 04:41:57 PM »
If this were Al Franken, you would have some people relishing his misfortune and others supporting him -- just like you see with Rush.

Offline DmdNexus

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2003, 04:45:16 PM »
Go Rush!

Rush is the victim here. No doubt the pusher was a liberal Democrat - she was minority too. There it is a conspiracy.

I can empathize with his back pain. That's a good execuse to break the law. At least it's better than being an urban proverty stricken teenager living in the ghetto with a crack using mother on wellfare, sister knocked up, father in jail, dead or missing - there's no excuse for those people.

Rush has a legit excuse - he has back pain.

What were Rush's famous words for drug users? "Lock em up and throw away the key."

Fortunately he has the wherewithall to find, aford, and get into rehabilitation.

Rush is a republican... he'll pay a fine, do some community service, and be a rehabilitated man.

Republican's practices Trickle Down Drug Economics. Pay the pusher, pusher pays the middleman supplier, supplier pays the grower (ok in this case the guy that prescribes or steals the drugs). There's a few thugs in there that kill people - no worries just a part of doing business.

I wonder how many crimes were financed with Rush's drug money?

Wonder how many other people were addicted as a result of Rush's support of his supplier.

Ah doesn't matter as long as a few jobs were created.

Wait a minute... this is about Rush,. who is the victim, who because of unbearable back pain was duped into leading a life of crime and hypocrisy.

Now I understand why I never understood Rush's rhetoric...
he was on drugs!

Ergo... Bush's rhetoric... I wonder if those coke snorting stories of young Mr. Bush are true... makes one wonder submininanabbbly.

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2003, 04:58:13 PM »
Originally posted by GtoRA2
I am not a big Rush fan, and I think wishing prison on a guy who got addicted to medication is pretty low.  

Why, he wouldn't say it about another drug addict? Shoot, he has made a living from saying it. It's funny when things come full circle.

He who lives in glass houses................
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2003, 05:01:34 PM »
I've always said Rush was only entertainment...so, being in the entertainment business, does this surprise anyone? Its full of drug addicts.

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
Re: Rush admits pain killer addiction
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2003, 05:04:25 PM »
Originally posted by CMC Airboss
At the end of the show on friday, Rush announced a 30 day drug rehabilitation treatment plan to help break a pain killer addiction.

airboss

Who cares?

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2003, 05:07:09 PM »
Rush set himself up for this. What would he be saying if the same thing happened to Al Franken and not him?

Main Entry: hyp·o·crite
Pronunciation: 'hi-p&-"krit
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English ypocrite, from Old French, from Late Latin hypocrita, from Greek hypokritEs actor, hypocrite, from hypokrinesthai
Date: 13th century
: a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion
- hypocrite adjective
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2003, 05:15:32 PM »
Wow. OC's(oxi contin?) come in two different pills, 40's(one dose) and 80's(larger dose). 40's are 40 bucks, 80's are eighty bucks.( I could be wrong). Now I see why pharmacies are being robbed.

I'm told one of these pills is equal to 16 percocet(16!)

Scary.
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Frogm4n

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2003, 05:21:14 PM »
lockem up and throw away the key!

Offline strk

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2003, 05:28:21 PM »
There are lots of people sitting in jail for simple possession of oxycontin.  It is a problem and all the states can offer is jail for them (at least in my state).  Rehab is not available.  There is some drug counseling in the prisons but presently there is a 2YEAR WAIT because resources are so limited.  The guys doing a few months for possession in the jail get nothing for treatment.  Despite the fact that treatment dollars are 7 times more effective than money spent on jail.

That being said, the law is the law and it is that way because of people like Rush Limbaugh.

So it turns out he is just another hypocrite.  Big suprise.  Is everyone ready to coddle him because he is an "addict?"  He is a CRIMINAL too you know.  He broke the law, every day for years.  I personally do not agree with those laws, but the Right Wing that Rush is so eager and willing to be the spokesperson for have directly hindered any decriminalization or treatment before incarceration.  The federal laws are even stricter than most states.  

He doesnt get full points for his confession because he is claiming he is still in pain.  If he was still in pain he would have a prescription for it.  God knows he could afford health care.  No, he is backing and filling already.  Not suprising though, most criminals do that don't they?

I feel for people in his situation but I have little compassion for him personally.  He cold gain respect for himself by spearheading a legalization or decriminalization campaign.  Somehow I doubt it.  

strk

Offline strk

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2003, 05:31:00 PM »
I wonder how many crimes were financed with Rush's drug money?

not to mention the terrorism

strk

Offline Scootter

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2003, 05:34:03 PM »
Originally posted by Udie
^ you may get your wish.  He said the cops are doing an investigation.

Pretty damn strong of him today to come out and say it. That took some testicular fortitude for him to admit that to his 20 million person audience.  I'm proud of him.  When I read it on drudge last week I had a feeling it was true. The last year or 2 I've noticed him taking a lot more days off than he used to and when the story came out,  he didn't deny it, he said he couldn't talk about it yet.

Nice [cough] liberal [/cough] attitude there earl.  His hard times generally make you happy don't they....

I like Rush and am a big time Rep. but I have to wonder if he would have admitted this and went into rehab if he was never cought.

Kind late to slam the barn door shut after the horse is gone and died of old age.

just a question. I am really pissed at Rush for waiting untill he was cought, I don't think he would have ever admited or changed if he was not found out.

JMHO

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2003, 05:35:02 PM »
Originally posted by strk
[B.  He cold gain respect for himself by spearheading a legalization or decriminalization campaign.  Somehow I doubt it.  

strk [/B]

LOL, yeah, decriminalizing all drugs would solve America's problems. LOL! Thats sig material.

The day the US decriminalizes drugs is the day I go back to college and get a PHD in rehab.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2003, 05:54:57 PM »
I agree with you all that it is a crime, and he is a hypocryte now....but its funny how sooooo many librals who seek rehabilitation for drug abusers are now seeking jail time for rush....that to me is also a hypocracy...one thing is for sure...the investigaion will tell