Author Topic: Rush admits pain killer addiction  (Read 2455 times)

Offline strk

• Nickel Member
Rush admits pain killer addiction
« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2003, 03:10:19 PM »
Wonderful example of what seperates Liberals from Conservatives: Accountability.

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2003, 04:01:16 PM »
Originally posted by Ozark
Robert Downey Jr was sentenced to a year's live-in drug rehabilitation and three years' probation after pleading no contest to drug charges.

Superior Court Judge Randall White warned Downey Jr that he could go to prison for up to four years if he violated the terms of his probation.

In August 1999 Downey Jr was sentenced to three years in prison for violating his probation by skipping scheduled drug tests, but was released a year later on bail.

From this link:http://www.canoe.ca/JamMoviesArtistsD/downey.html

"Others who've bent over backward to accommodate Downey, who was first arrested for cocaine possession during a routine traffic stop in 1996, include Ally McBeal creator David E. Kelley. It took two arrests before Downey lost his job as Ally's love interest. The axe finally fell after Downey was busted in a Culver City alley in April 2001 on suspicion of being under the influence of a controlled substance -- charges weren't filed.

Downey was also sprung from rehab for a day at Elton John's request to star in the Rocket Man's I Want Love music video in Aug. 2001."

Took 2 arrests BEFORE he lost his job at Ally.  I doubt that any conservative would ever get a leniant treatment like that in CA.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline Ozark

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2003, 05:31:07 PM »
Hey DiabloTX

I thought we were discussing Jack55’s post.
Downey is a low life in my opinion and I'm not defending him. He was arrested and charged in 1996. He went through the court system and did not avoid prosecution. I thought you were using Downey as a justification as why Rush Limbaugh shouldn’t face any criminal charges.

As far as “Took 2 arrests BEFORE he lost his job at Ally. I doubt that any conservative would ever get a lenient treatment like that in CA.”
That’s not a legal issue. It’s a contractual issue.

On a side note: I enjoyed Rush’s show for many years, I even bought two of his books.  However the facts remain. Buying pharmaceutical drugs without a prescription is a crime.

Offline strk

• Nickel Member
« Reply #63 on: October 11, 2003, 05:52:16 PM »
Im not talking about the confession smart guy. Think harder. Accountability.

whatever

http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=97499&perpage=50&highlight=mcnabb&pagenumber=3

there ya go.  got anything to say about that Mr accountability?

strk
« Last Edit: October 11, 2003, 05:59:18 PM by strk »

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2003, 12:31:36 AM »
Originally posted by strk
whatever

http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=97499&perpage=50&highlight=mcnabb&pagenumber=3

there ya go.  got anything to say about that Mr accountability?

strk

What do I have to say about that?  Ill just repeat what I said:

Being a Philadelphian, I saw alot of coverage about the Rush/McNabb issue.  McNabb wasnt offended - he didnt come off angry at all.  

For you to call me a 'lair' because you disagree with me and are able to cite news articles that write of the incident in a different light from those I read and watched on television is ridiculous.

Now are you going to keep throwing around accusations and calling people 'liars' all day like a typical Lib or are you going to contribute to the conversation  young one?

Oh, and I stand by my other coments about wishing you good luck with your medication too - god knows you need it.

Offline MC_Honky

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2003, 09:19:37 AM »
Opioids and Benzodiazepines drugs produce -by far- the worst withdrawal symptoms.  Much worse than either Cocaine or Heroin.  Yes worse than Heroin.  His chances of breaking away from his Opioid addiction are very slim.  He's going to have to endure 30 days of the most wicked  withdrawal effects...his life will be a living hell.

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2003, 09:54:40 AM »
^ it won't last 30 days.  The people I saw go through oxicotin withdrawal lasted about a week.  My xanax withdrawal lasted abot a week for the primary withdrawal then about 2 or 3 days for the secondary withdrawal about a week after the first.  Symptoms vary from person to person though. Every square inch of your body hurts.

Offline myelo

• Silver Member
« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2003, 10:04:45 AM »
Originally posted by LePaul
Apparently I missed the O'Reilly incident....references?

http://freshair.npr.org/

Of course being NPR, he was just an unfortunate victim of the liberal mainstream media.
myelo
Bastard coated bastard, with a creamy bastard filling

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2003, 10:17:48 AM »
Originally posted by Ozark
However the facts remain. Buying pharmaceutical drugs without a prescription is a crime.

Agreed Ozark, this is the only "issue" I see in all of this.  

The Downey thing was the fact that he has been arrested multiple times and been given leniency on most of them is something that I wanted to point out.  He should have been fired from Ally after his first arrest, but, hey, he's an "artist" in an artist's community.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #69 on: October 12, 2003, 10:32:27 AM »
success rates for 28 day rehab runs between 2 and 10%.

Did Rush get caught with illegal drugs on him?   Pretty hard to jail someone who simply admits an addiction and then seeks treatment on their own.   This is far different from say, downey's case.
lazs

Offline Ozark

• Silver Member
« Reply #70 on: October 12, 2003, 11:33:46 AM »
Good point Laz. I think your right.

Limbaugh won't be prosecuted, attorneys wager

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: October 12, 2003, 11:43:07 AM »
Its not the illegality of the drugs in question, its the illegal way he obtained prescription drugs without a prescription i.e. it isn't the drugs themselves that are at issue but how Rush obtained them.

Offline Montezuma

• Silver Member
« Reply #72 on: October 12, 2003, 12:59:27 PM »
Originally posted by Saurdaukar
Wonderful example of what seperates Liberals from Conservatives:  Accountability.

Such an admirable junkie Rush is!

Offline MC_Honky

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2003, 03:18:23 PM »
Udie,

How many mg's of Xanax we're you taking?  I've seen people come down from 8mg.  No it doesn't last 30 days but it feels like you are going to die..and you wish you will.  Did you taper??  You had to taper- death is possible if you don't.

Offline DmdNexus

• Silver Member
« Reply #74 on: October 12, 2003, 10:12:10 PM »
With the new sentencing guide lines Ashcroft has given all federal judges, Rush can look forward to receiving equal treatment under the law, regardless of his particular mitigating circumstances.

In other words, the law does not care why he broke the law, or that he owned up to it after he was outed. It's black and white, he broke the law, and punishment is due.

"Go to jail, and throw away the key" - I like the way that sounds.

If Rush goes to jail - I'll become a conservative, bible thumping racists, just like the rest of them.