Author Topic: Sheckter / Brack Crash  (Read 860 times)

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
Sheckter / Brack Crash
« on: October 13, 2003, 01:13:45 AM »
SWEAT JEASIOUS

Just about the worst wreck I've seen where somebody didn't die.
http://espn.go.com/rpm/irl/2003/1012/1636638.html#

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Sheckter / Brack Crash
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2003, 01:19:02 AM »
He's in Parkland in critical condition. That was one heck of a ride. Good thing there was nobody sitting on the backstretch.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
Sheckter / Brack Crash
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2003, 06:56:59 AM »
now was that 1 scary fuggin crash or what......

man that guy spun so much his brain reversed itself in his head....

hope he gets well...

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
Sheckter / Brack Crash
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2003, 08:06:59 AM »
Originally posted by rpm371
He's in Parkland in critical condition. That was one heck of a ride. Good thing there was nobody sitting on the backstretch.

No, he is not in critical condition, and was never listed as such, he is in serious condition with multiple extremetie traumas.  He is not paralyzed nor is he in a coma, but is alert and aware.  He will undergo surgery to fix his broken right femur, and both ankles early this week.  He was also listed as having a fractured sternum.

While RPM continues to show his penchant for distorting the facts, I am glad that no one else was hurt, and that Baxter will likely return to racing.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Sheckter / Brack Crash
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2003, 08:23:56 AM »
Originally posted by Bodhi
No, he is not in critical condition, and was never listed as such, he is in serious condition with multiple extremetie traumas.  He is not paralyzed nor is he in a coma, but is alert and aware.  He will undergo surgery to fix his broken right femur, and both ankles early this week.  He was also listed as having a fractured sternum.

... I am glad that no one else was hurt, and that Baxter will likely return to racing.

I was flipping channels during a commercial break in the football game and caught the race just as they were showing the replay and cleaning up the debris.  Wowza!  The only parts of that car that I recognized was the motor and the driver's seat.  They had to shorten the race because he ripped out some of the steel barrier fence along the top of the concrete wall.  

It looked like they were coming out of a turn and touched wheels, right?

If I'm not mistaken, they had to cancel an Indy car race at Texas last year because it was shown that the track could support speeds so fast that the drivers were blacking out from the g-forces.  I can imagine those cars were screaming when they touched wheels.

Offline texace

• Silver Member
      • http://www.usmc.mil
Sheckter / Brack Crash
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2003, 11:30:55 AM »
It's said the cars were going 216 MPH when the accident happened.

Scheckter rocketed up behind Brack on the backstretch and tried to pass on the outside. Turn 3 was coming up way too fast for him to get around Brack, so he slowed a little and tried to pull into traffic. His left front tire made contact with Brack's right rear, sending  his car sliding sideways. Scheckter's car acted as a lever and Brack's car rocketed off the track and hit the fence going 200+ MPH.

Luckily, the car did what it was designed to do and disentigrated. The motor can be seen tumbling down the track afterwards, ending up on fire near the infield grass. The tub that houses the cockpit was the only thing left resembling a racecar within 2 seconds of impact. It ended up on it's side near the middle of the track. I watched this live and it was a scary sight.

I'm happy he's still alive. I thought it was going to be a fatal accident, the way the car exploded like it did. Had it been one of the old Grand Prix racers, he would have been surely dead.

Let's hope he recovers.

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
Sheckter / Brack Crash
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2003, 12:02:08 PM »
i watched an indi car race about 10 years ago or so.  Paul Tracy (think that was the young drive from canada) spun out in the little tri-oval that the pheonix track has.   He was sideways in the middle of the lane sitting in his now stopped car.  BLAMMO!!!!!!!!!!  another car came and T-Boned him at 180 mph!!!!! :eek:   the car came into many many pieces, the engine actually hit Tracy in the back of the helmet.  When all was said and done,  everybody got up and walked away...:eek:

why do people die at little 70mph wrecks? :rolleyes:

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Sheckter / Brack Crash
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2003, 12:53:29 PM »
What was the name of the driver that lost both of his legs in a racing accident when he collided with another car as he came out of the pits?

I want to say it was an Italian driver but I'm not sure.  I think he's trying to return to racing, even without his legs.

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
Sheckter / Brack Crash
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2003, 01:19:32 PM »
Originally posted by Udie
i watched an indi car race about 10 years ago or so.  Paul Tracy (think that was the young drive from canada) spun out in the little tri-oval that the pheonix track has.   He was sideways in the middle of the lane sitting in his now stopped car.  BLAMMO!!!!!!!!!!  another car came and T-Boned him at 180 mph!!!!! :eek:   the car came into many many pieces, the engine actually hit Tracy in the back of the helmet.  When all was said and done,  everybody got up and walked away...:eek:

why do people die at little 70mph wrecks? :rolleyes:

I remember that.  It was Hiro Matsu****a running into Jacques Villeneuve.

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
Sheckter / Brack Crash
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2003, 01:20:04 PM »
Originally posted by gofaster
What was the name of the driver that lost both of his legs in a racing accident when he collided with another car as he came out of the pits?

I want to say it was an Italian driver but I'm not sure.  I think he's trying to return to racing, even without his legs.

Alessandro Zanardi

Offline mrblack

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Sheckter / Brack Crash
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2003, 01:53:12 PM »
This is why thay make the BIG money.
I hope he makes a full recovery.

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
Sheckter / Brack Crash
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2003, 01:54:29 PM »
I  think TMS is cursed.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Sheckter / Brack Crash
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2003, 03:55:26 PM »
Originally posted by Bodhi
No, he is not in critical condition, and was never listed as such, he is in serious condition with multiple extremetie traumas.
 While RPM continues to show his penchant for distorting the facts, I am glad that no one else was hurt, and that Baxter will likely return to racing.

KXAS-TV 5 Dallas,reported on their Sunday 10pm newscast he was in critical condition. Please forgive me for not calling the hospital myself as I had no desire or motive to "distort" any facts.
:rolleyes:
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
Sheckter / Brack Crash
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2003, 04:07:36 PM »
Originally posted by FUNKED1
I remember that.  It was Hiro Matsu****a running into Jacques Villeneuve.

YEAH, that sounds like paul tracy :D  Hmmm maybe they were right about pot smoking and memory.....what were we talking about?

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
Sheckter / Brack Crash
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2003, 04:23:25 PM »
What a scary crash, looked similar to the Jeff Krosnoff fatal crash in CART back in 1996.

Looks like Kenny is going to be ok, though. Whew!